• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should regular rooms on the 14th floor of the CR cost the same as the 12th Floor?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
I was thinking to myself last night about the 12th & 14th floors of the Contemporary & asked myself this. Since the 12th floor now has their new lounge & all new rooms built & since they would have the same offerings as the 14th floor, should regular rooms on the 14th floor cost the same as a room on the 12th floor? The reason I said this is because now the 12th floor has the same offerings as the 14th floor, so why should a guest in a regular room on the 14th floor pay more for a regular room? Or are the regular rooms more expensive because there is only 5 regular rooms on the 14th floor?

I bet they will remain more expensive because people will see them as more exclusive - as they are with only the 5 standard rooms. I have stayed often on both the 12th and 14th floors and personally with the new decor and lounge on the 12th and the semi shabby state of the 14th, I would prefer the 12th and pay more for it, LOL. I know they will be redoing the 14th, but I hear it is a light fixer upper....I think the rooms need more than that.

I will have to reserve judgement on which floor I prefer until after I see some pics of what they have done to the 14th. ;) I have always felt like we received very good service on both floors. Actually better on the 12th. Often on the 14th the concierge were nowhere to be found. :rolleyes:

To answer your question, I suppose due to the fact that you "supposedly" get more personal service on the 14th, it should be more costly. :confused3 Just wasn't our experience I guess.

Lives4Disney :)

We have always received excellent service on the 14th floor because there are so few guests. Not that we received bad service on the 12th floor, we just never had to wait on the 14th floor. Also, the five rooms on the 14th are slightly larger aren't they? They always felt that way to me (maybe it is just perception).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter