should I switch an ADR?

KelseyLaPerle

Mouseketeer
We currently have ADR's for Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Hollywood & Vine, Garden Grille and Whispering Canyon. I keep reading how fantastic Akershus is. Would you switch one ADR? First trip for kids (DD)5 & (DS)almost 2.
Thanks.

If your 5 year old DD is into Princesses, I would definitely switch an ADR to Akershus. My 3 1/2 year old DD's top 3 restaurants in all of WDW are Akershus, Biergarten and CRT. I'd keep Crystal Palace if the kids like Pooh, the food is good there. We haven't been to Garden Grill. We've done both Tusker House and Chef Mickeys. The food at Tusker house breakfast is very good, the only drawback for us is that Minnie is not there. We did Chef Mickey's dinner and thought the food was horrible, DD doesn't even ask to go back to that one. The characters were good though and seeing Minnie was the highlight of that restaurant for her. We haven't done Hollywood and Vine, DD has never really been interested in Playhouse Disney (from the day she was born she hated anything Baby Einstein or little Einsteins) . We've stayed at WL our last 2 trips, and haven't eaten at Whispering Canyon- not because we have anything against it, just because for TS we usually eat at the parks-- the only time we have gone to resorts is for character meals (Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare).

I was at Akershus two years ago and it has a great ambiance. Your DD will go nuts when the princesses come around. The food was very good. For lunch/dinner they have a cold bar that includes meats, cheeses, and salads be adventurous and try some of the foreign foods. Then unlike most character restaurants, you have a plated meal that is very well prepared. I think you would enjoy this restauarnt and much as your DD.

I would drop H&V or GG or WCC. If your kiddos are really into playhouse Disney then you should keep H&V. WCC has good food but there is a lot of yelling at diners and other employees etc. This can be fun for older kids but could be confusing and scary to younger kids. The last time we were there for breakfast the woman at the table next to us had to keep reassuring her young daughter that it was just pretend.

I have never been to the Garden Grill so I can't speak to that but I am sure it doesn't stack up against lunch or dinner with Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Aurora, and Cinderella!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter