Should I stay @ POP????????

hohoz

Mouseketeer
I received the 40% off email and I got a quote for POP for 7 nights, DDP, and 6 day ticket with Waterpark for $1800. I am questioning if I wanted to upgrade to a moderate or just stay at a value. We never are really in the room except to sleep, shower, and maybe take a break during the day. This is the 1st time we are going to be taking a break mid day, only because we are going in August 10-17 and I don't need anyone getting sick from the heat. The reason I picked POP was because I know we don't have to share a bus with another resort. Any thoughts would be great.

I stayed at the POP 2 years ago and loved it. Great theming, the food court was good. An enjoyable stay all around.

if a moderate resort will be the same price as pop with the 40% off i say make the upgrade. we did on the ressie we made for this year's trip. We stayed at pop last year and it was great but we wanted to try out Port Orleans French Quarter and knew that with the discount that would be the only way we'd pay for a moderate. otherwise, we are like you, never in the room 'cept for sleeping so the extra $ spent isn't really worth it unless you have the discount.

sorry for the dumb question a min ago :rotfl: it's still early

No problem. Yes it is early and you have me swatting my screen thinking there is something crawling on it :lmao:
Is POFQ nice? How is the bus service?

The bus service for Pop is much better than at POFQ. POFQ is fine except that you will then go to POR and pick up their folks too. On the way home, it stops first at POFQ, which is okay, but the buses are usually really really crowded.

Pop Century goes to and from the park directly, no stopping at another resort. Also, like the All Stars, the majority of buses headed home in the evening line up for Pop. So, if one fills up quickly, you can almost watch another one pulling into the bus area.

I do agree that Pop's bus depots at the parks are the farthest out and after a long day, that walk out to the bus stop is a killer, especially at the MK. But you never have to wait long to get a bus.

I stayed at pop last year, with no particular complaints. The food court was OK the pool was nice, there was a shop. It did the job. Frozen coke machine was a boon too- we were in Aug as well, and it was hot.

We stayed at All Stars movies year before, and are in All stars music this July, I didnt find the bus service as good at POP as it is at All Stars, but it still got us everywhere we wanted in plenty of time. We have a tendency when at All Stars to take ANY of the All Stars busses that appear when heading back to the hotel though, gives us a bit more flexibility.

personally I wouldnt upgrade to a moderate resort. You wont be there enough to be worth the extra cash. Spend it in the parks instead!

Have a great time whatever you decide.

No problem. Yes it is early and you have me swatting my screen thinking there is something crawling on it :lmao:
Is POFQ nice? How is the bus service?

:lmao: I did the same thing when all my other dis friends got a "bug" :rotfl: if you would like one to freak others out ill be happy to fwd it to you :thumbsup2

We have never stayed at POFQ but last year when we were at POP we knew we were going to be coming back to stay at POFQ this september so we decided to go there and check out the property. I can definately tell you that it was absolutely beautiful! We also tried the food court and that is to die for!! Ribs and pot roast and binetts (it's a fried pastry if you've never heard of it) all counter service!! It was like eating at a restraunt where they serve you. Never have I seen such delicious food at a counter service place before. We were in heaven!! That alone I think is worth the upgrade :thumbsup2 Like OP's have said, most of the time we don't do the upgrade if we can save even more money at a value resort so we can buy more at the parks but after just walking around POFQ for a bit and trying their food court we are hooked! I can't wait to stay there in september! :woohoo: Also, normally the food courts at a value resort are packed at all times. When we went to the food court in the POFQ resort there was hardly anyone there and it was only a little bit after dinner time.

oh yeah, and i also don't know anything about how the bus service is at POFQ. We only road the bus once at POP last september and after having to walk for what seemed a mile to the bus after a long day at MK we decided to drive everywhere after that and that was 100 times easier than having to get on a crowded bus. If you are goign to have your own car there I highly recomend driving your own car no matter where you stay because if you are staying on property you get free parking anyways. We never had a problem with getting to the parks or finding a parking space when we got back out our resort.

We have never stayed at POFQ but last year when we were at POP we knew we were going to be coming back to stay at POFQ this september so we decided to go there and check out the property. I can definately tell you that it was absolutely beautiful! We also tried the food court and that is to die for!! Ribs and pot roast and binetts (it's a fried pastry if you've never heard of it) all counter service!! It was like eating at a restraunt where they serve you. Never have I seen such delicious food at a counter service place before. We were in heaven!! That alone I think is worth the upgrade :thumbsup2 Like OP's have said, most of the time we don't do the upgrade if we can save even more money at a value resort so we can buy more at the parks but after just walking around POFQ for a bit and trying their food court we are hooked! I can't wait to stay there in september! :woohoo: Also, normally the food courts at a value resort are packed at all times. When we went to the food court in the POFQ resort there was hardly anyone there and it was only a little bit after dinner time.

We stayed at POFQ in June and I was disappointed in their food court. In fact, we have one night ressies at POR this coming Friday and I told my dh that I want to drive over to POP to have dinner at their food court. :rotfl: Different strokes for different folks!

We stayed at POFQ in June and I was disappointed in their food court. In fact, we have one night ressies at POR this coming Friday and I told my dh that I want to drive over to POP to have dinner at their food court. :rotfl: Different strokes for different folks!

aww that stinks that you didn't like their food court. You are right...it is different tastes for everyone. Maybe that's why it was so sparce the night my DH and I went :confused3 We loved it though.

What didn't you like about it? Just curious.

I think we are going to stay @ POP but maybe go check out POFQ like you did. We are not going to get a rental because this trip was a surprise. We actually did not plan to go til 6/09 but I got the 40% in the email and I couldn't resist. DH is even excited. We are not telling DD7 where we are going. She knows we are going on vacation but she can see when she gets there!!!!!!:wizard:

I think we are going to stay @ POP but maybe go check out POFQ like you did. We are not going to get a rental because this trip was a surprise. We actually did not plan to go til 6/09 but I got the 40% in the email and I couldn't resist. DH is even excited. We are not telling DD7 where we are going. She knows we are going on vacation but she can see when she gets there!!!!!!:wizard:

good idea :thumbsup2 you will enjoy pop. We did when we were there last september.

that's awesome that you are going to surprise your DD like that :thumbsup2 How cool that you are going sooner than expected too! Gotta love that! :woohoo: I hope you guys have a great time!

aww that stinks that you didn't like their food court. You are right...it is different tastes for everyone. Maybe that's why it was so sparce the night my DH and I went :confused3 We loved it though.

What didn't you like about it? Just curious.

I guess I just didn't think there were many appealing (to me) choices. Also, the quesadilla that I had the first night was not very good at all. But, we only stayed at POFQ a few nights and had other plans for meals so it didn't really matter. Your right that it hardly ever seemed crowded. The one exception for us was on our last night when we stopped in for a snack after being at the parks all day. It was super busy, so I guess everyone else had the same idea. :lmao: That night my husband ordered one of their personal pizzas and I have to say that it was really good. I got the beignets and I didn't think they were as good as all the hype. Overall, I think POFQ is a really nice resort and I wouldn't let my lack of enthusiasm for the food court keep me from staying there another time.

We have stayed at POP twice and have loved it both times! Our most recent trip was this December! The bus lines were great and there was always another bus coming to pick you up at the parks if one just left. We liked the food court but we did not eat there very often. The rooms are small but they are perfect for what we used them for. Also, we do agree that it can be a far walk if you are in the 80's and 90's buildings. I would suggest paying preferred or requesting closer building. I used to love ASMo but after my last trip I think I prefer POP now!:goodvibes

I have stayed at both POFQ and Pop... and I love them both. The first few times we went we stayed at POFQ and loved it. We ended up staying there for two more visits after that. Last summer we decided to try Pop since it is less expensive, and we had more fun than ever! Pop is more Disney-ish I guess you could say, as far as the ambiance there. I enjoyed both food courts, but felt that Pop had much more selection. Just my two cents though :)

How about stay at Pop and request one of the preferred buildings with a lakeview? They don't face the pool, so they aren't preferred and are nice and quiet. Then you'll be closer to the food court and buses in the heat. I think you'll have a nice time there. Another suggestion for that busy time of year is TourGuide Mike for his least crowded charts. Makes a huge difference if you are at the least crowded bus stop. ;)

We s stayed at POP I did get a pref room and worth the extra. I will say the buses are fast in comming, but the stops are far away at the parks. And after a long day it's a long way. We did not use the pools and the food court was fine. The shop had a nice selection. The rooms were small, but for sleeping and showering they were fine. We had three, and it was somewhat cramped 2adults and a 12year old. If you had 4 adults I feel it would be wise to get two rooms. It was clean and well themed, we would do it again!

While I haven't stayed at POFQ, I have stayed at POR. They both have a boat that takes you to DTD that I really missed while we were at POP. But that was the only thing that I missed (well that and the ceiling fans). POP had a great food court with huge portions. The rooms/beds were small, but they were clean and quiet while we were there. As OP have said it is a looong walk to the bus stops for POP at the parks (I had forgotten that part until now). Must not have bothered me too much while I was there. And lots of times our group was the only one on the bus. I think you will enjoy it!

While I haven't stayed at POFQ, I have stayed at POR. They both have a boat that takes you to DTD that I really missed while we were at POP. But that was the only thing that I missed (well that and the ceiling fans). POP had a great food court with huge portions. The rooms/beds were small, but they were clean and quiet while we were there. As OP have said it is a looong walk to the bus stops for POP at the parks (I had forgotten that part until now). Must not have bothered me too much while I was there. And lots of times our group was the only one on the bus. I think you will enjoy it!

dydo2424 we were there the same time as you. We were there Aug 17-26th. It was my first visit, and I loved POP and my DS12 loooved their food court, so did I. We ate all our CS meals there. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. :thumbsup2

Stephanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter