Should I Pay Package in full with looming rate increase?

rlu929s

Mouseketeer
We bought a package deal off the disney site and when paying some of it down I noticed it read that they reserve the right to change the price until it is paid in full. With this price increase coming I'm wondering if I should pay it off in full with the card, so we don't have to worry about price increases? We got in on the Spring Offer.

Once you booked, you are locked into the prices at the time of booking and will see no increases.

There has been a price increase for us the past 2 years after we have booked and prior to final payment . We have never paid more than our original booking price, even with making changes to our ticket days. However, past experience does not always mean current experience, so if it makes you feel better and you have the money to do so now, then I would pay it off

Bearing in mind that booking keeps your priced locked but modifying will bump you to the increased price.

You may be able to get a supervisor to override the increase, but there have been mixed reviews on the success of it.

Bearing in mind that booking keeps your priced locked but modifying will bump you to the increased price.

You may be able to get a supervisor to override the increase, but there have been mixed reviews on the success of it.

I don't think you are locked in anymore. Disney changed its terms of service in the past year to specifically state that package prices ARE subject to change until they are paid in full. That was an addition to the official terms and does lloe them to up the prices. It was stated at the time that it was to fill a loophole that was allowing people to book at $200 down for more than a year out and avoiding one full increase cycle. For example, booking in late 2010 for a trip starting in early 2012 and thus missing the 2011 price increase as long as they stayed within the 400+ day maximum booking date.

Whether they would charge somebody who books in 2013 for a trip in 2013 is unlikely since that wasn't the problem. But book like the example and they are likely to hit you with the increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter