• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I mail out wedding invitations? Disney Intimate Wedding-only 8 guest?

melissadanny2003

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a Disney Intimate Wedding with only 8 guest and they are all close family (mom's, dad's, little sister, his older sister and her new husband, and a 3 year old). So my questions is: Do I skip the invitations? It's all close family. I did want an invitation for my scrap book.

Hi! We did order invitations for our 8 guests, mainly as you said, so that we would have them as keepsakes. We ordered from Anne's Grapevine, b/c you get a 30% discount off invitations, so we got the Cinderella tri-fold coach invitations. Here is the link to that page:
http://grapevineonline.cceasy.com/order/index.cfm?rand=1213O1354X13162
Another Disneymooner has highly recommended a personalized Disney invitation service at www.ladymarganne.com . The woman there can make Disney cards and invitations, in small quantities, so that might work well for your small guest list.
Cheers!
Heather P

You might also consider ordering announcements rather than invitations. We sent those to the folks our families wanted included who were not able to (or would have considered) traveling to our wedding.

We did not order inviations, but we did create our own phamplet for the wedding ceremony. The wedding was just 10 days ago and we had a wondeful time.

Our wedding coordinator was Karen Serrette. a real nice lady and our photographer was Damon Tucci. If you haven't picked out a photographer, I highly recommend you give him a call.

Please take a look at our wedding pictures that I posted to the Pin Clubs web site. I also recommend Artistic Video Productions. The two work well together. It was a magical day.

http://www.pinclubs.com/wedding/

If you have any other questions, please feel free to write.

All the best on your wedding,

Jeff (Buddy Bear) Langdon

I had an intimate wedding at the WP and we ordered invitations. We had to order 25 - but I really wanted to have them. We did send them to people who we knew weren't coming (grandparents in nursing home, best friend due to have a baby on our wedding day.) A really good friend of mine had a fairly informal intimate wedding at sunset point, and she bought some cute beachy party invitations and had the stationery store print them on their laser printer for her. You could do something like that, depending on the formality of your wedding.

We had announcements printed too...really nice ones. Those are done in addition to an invitation, not instead and are sent out right after the wedding. We sent them to all our friends and family who we would have invited if we had a large wedding.

Hope this helps.

I think the announcements are a good idea to be mailed out after the honeymoon. You can even include a small picture of the bride and groom.

I mailed out invitations too when I was married at WDW in 97'.

But instead of ordering the expensive ones from a company, I searched high and low for some great printer paper, ones with the fairy tale princess's on (there are so many different prints out there now). I found what I wanted to print on the invitation and did it all on my computer. They came out beautifully.

Good luck on what ever you decide! :D

I saw cinderella stationary at the gift shop in OKW. It was very cute. Only 8 dollars. If you want to send something simple I am sure you could print up invitations on your computer. It actually works out well. Just a suggestion. I know that it can be very costly to send out just 8 invitations.

connie

With such a small guest list, you could either make your own customized invitations or use an artist do make some very special invitations for your guests and for your scrapbook.

If you live near a Kate's Paperie, go take a look at what they have. They sell beautiful and unique paper and decorative items. They also have on-site artists that will create anything you want. They have a web site too.

If you prefer a Disney theme, consider the official Carlson Craft invitations. You'll have to buy a minimum of 25 but many dealers off discounts that range from 20 to 30%.

Good luck!

Andrea
The Unofficial Disney Wedding Guide
YourFairyTale.com

Author of "Disney Weddings: The Ultimate Unofficial Guide to Tying the Knot or Renewing Your Vows at Walt Disney World"
Available by instant download!
http://www.yourfairytale.com/book.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter