Should I Do a three night cruise ?

so far we have done two 7 night cruises

Next year ( we are from uk, in our late 20s, no kids )we are going to do 11 days in WDW

We fancy doing the cruise after the parks so would arrive on the Monday and do the three night cruise the following Friday

Other option is doing the 4 night cruise first on the Monday and then the parks

I need to take my holidays like Monday to Sunday so we can't really do the parks then a 4 night cruise as it would mean us taking over two weeks holiday which I can't really do at work and if I done the 4 night cruise after the parks it would end on a Friday which doesn't really work

What would u do and is the three night cruise still worth doing

Hope this makes sense lol
We loved the 3-night cruises we've taken. I say go for it.

I would also recommend finding your own transportation to the boat, so that you can maximize your first (1/2) day on. That means arriving in time to have lunch on the ship. It definitely makes that first day still feel like a day. Using Disney transfers from the resort, we have never arrived before 2:30/3, and then it does make the 3-day feel more rushed. Getting on early, enjoying lunch in Cabanas and then planning our cruise must-sees in the Navigator before the Muster Drill and kick off party... we love 3 days. (More is better, sure, but we keep going back for the 3 days when it's all we can fit in.) I think you're going to love it!

I would also recommend finding your own transportation to the boat, so that you can maximize your first (1/2) day on. That means arriving in time to have lunch on the ship. It definitely makes that first day still feel like a day. Using Disney transfers from the resort, we have never arrived before 2:30/3, and then it does make the 3-day feel more rushed. Getting on early, enjoying lunch in Cabanas and then planning our cruise must-sees in the Navigator before the Muster Drill and kick off party... we love 3 days. (More is better, sure, but we keep going back for the 3 days when it's all we can fit in.) I think you're going to love it!

That’s way to late. I got dcl transport from the airport once and it was no where near as late as that

Surely the offer transport that gets there before then

That’s way to late. I got dcl transport from the airport once and it was no where near as late as that

Not from the resorts. Pick up there will not start until around 11 or later because they will use the busses that are used to transport passengers from PC to WDW, and those will not leave as early since there may be people who have 2nd seating who are using the transportation and they are not forced to go to Cabanas or skip breakfast.

Yes, DCL transport is continuous from the airport. Not so from the resorts. I've come twice from the resorts. Both with pickups after 12. (12 and 12:30). Friends flying in that day on one of the trips beat us to the ship by almost 2 hours. :( Cabanas was closed by the time we got there. It's a longer trip from the resorts too, the airport I believe was about 30min closer.

So what time do u reckon is the easiest I would get there from CBR

And what time is the earliest I would get there if I get a taxi to the airport and get it from there

MCO is about 45 min to the port. CBR is just over an hour but you could be the first, or third. So I would estimate 2pm as being the earliest from the resort. From the airport, they send the bus once it fills up, so you can be out of there by 10am, and walking into port for check-in by 11am and then waiting for boarding.

I would! In fact I am taking a 7 night cruise before my 10 WDW vacation. I love to cruise before WDW instead of the other way around. I tend to eat more on the cruise then I normally do and am able to walk it off at the parks.

Haha well that’s one way of looking at it

MCO is about 45 min to the port. CBR is just over an hour but you could be the first, or third. So I would estimate 2pm as being the earliest from the resort. From the airport, they send the bus once it fills up, so you can be out of there by 10am, and walking into port for check-in by 11am and then waiting for boarding.

I think that answers that’s the best thing to do then lol

So what time do u reckon is the easiest I would get there from CBR

And what time is the earliest I would get there if I get a taxi to the airport and get it from there
Some people take Magical Express back to the airport and then catch the cruise bus.

Has anyone here done that? Take ME to airport then take Disney’s shuttle? How much time did it save you? It seems to me that makes it more complicated. You do not know how many stops you’ll have before airport, you deal with luggage, then wait your turn at the airport. Is the ME drop off at the same place the cruise bus takes off?

From the resort, they pick up your luggage, you can relax at resort to pick up time. When we went from the Contemporary, they even dropped us off at a less crowded entrance at the cruise terminal. We got to ship in time to book a Palo reservation which I had been unable to get beforehand.

:boat:

Has anyone here done that? Take ME to airport then take Disney’s shuttle? How much time did it save you? It seems to me that makes it more complicated. You do not know how many stops you’ll have before airport, you deal with luggage, then wait your turn at the airport. Is the ME drop off at the same place the cruise bus takes off?

From the resort, they pick up your luggage, you can relax at resort to pick up time. When we went from the Contemporary, they even dropped us off at a less crowded entrance at the cruise terminal. We got to ship in time to book a Palo reservation which I had been unable to get beforehand.

:boat:
I haven't done it but I saw a vlog where they did. The two bus areas are close to each other, but there is a little bit of a walk. It seemed quite easy from what they showed. The point is that it can get you to the ship a lot earlier than going from the resort directly to the ship.

I haven't done it but I saw a vlog where they did. The two bus areas are close to each other, but there is a little bit of a walk. It seemed quite easy from what they showed. The point is that it can get you to the ship a lot earlier than going from the resort directly to the ship.

They are actually right across from each other. :) You might have to walk from where the bus lets you out, but the check-in area for DCL is pretty much across from the DME desk.

Unless they've moved it since February.

Do you think you will really need/want 11 days at the parks? That seems like a lot to me. Could you do Monday to Monday at the parks then do the 4 day cruise?

We've done both 3 & 4 day cruises. IMO any DCL trip is great. Though the last 3 day we did was a Merrytime and there was soo much to do in a short amt of time.

On one hand I say take the cruise after the parks to relax. But on the other hand I say take the longer cruise if possible.

Ok sorry I was no help. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter