Should I buy or hold? Airfare ? Opinons wanted!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by DisneyRunner2009, Mar 12, 2012.


Should I

  1. buy?

  2. hold out?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DisneyRunner2009

    DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

    Jul 15, 2009
    The price of airfare for a return flight Orlando to Milwaukee is $155 for October, nonstop, evening. It seems to be the lowest going rate. Should I hold out and :worship:something better comes along? Or buy it now? I check various airlines everyday, also Bing. Nothing lower seems to be showing up. I'm not thrilled with the price, but comfortable with it. I know to purchase when you see a price you are at peace with. Is this my peace price? I don't want to see the price drop. :sad2: Opinons, please.
  2. backyardponder

    backyardponder DIS Veteran

    Feb 10, 2008
    If it is on Southwest, I'd probably take it. If the price goes down, SW will let you save the credit for future use within 1 year of initial purchase.

    Have you checked airfare from ORD or perhaps MDW?
  3. Avatar


    to hide this advert.
  4. lulu2

    lulu2 DIS Veteran

    Jan 3, 2007
    Are you going during the (previous) teachers convention? If so, I would purchase now as lots of WI families that week, including us:thumbsup2
  5. DisneyRunner2009

    DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

    Jul 15, 2009
    No, it's at the beginning of the month.
  6. Checkers

    Checkers DIS Veteran

    Nov 19, 2006
    We just purchased our tickets for the beginning of Oct. out of Harrisburg. It is a nonstop flight and our rt tickets were about $300 ea. but then we elected to upgrade to stretch seating. We thought it was a fair price and didn't want to take the chance with the gas prices seeming to be rising every day. We are flying Frontier Airlines.

    We have always felt if we could get what we thought was a fair price, we would go for it. Good luck and have a great time!
  7. ToddyLu

    ToddyLu Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

    Jun 6, 2008
    :) Our flights on SW are $152 non stop out of New Orleans. Just waiting on the tax refund to pull the trigger. We are going Oct26-Nov2. I check the SW site whenever I seat down to the computer.
  8. dancin Disney style

    dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

    Apr 18, 2005
    I check a couple of times a day and prices are holding pretty firm at the $155 mark and up. I've only seen a $10 flutuation since November.
  9. MistressMerryweather

    MistressMerryweather DIS Veteran

    Apr 14, 2010
    I'd only do it if it was on Southwest. Bought our Sept/Oct tickets out of PIT for $111/each way. Hoping they drop, but at least I have them if they don't.
  10. crazycatlady

    crazycatlady DIS Veteran

    Sep 8, 2009
    I'm with you! Been watching SW for months waiting for better prices from Milwaukee for October. I think I am going to hold out a little longer. Air Tran has much better times, but I have a $400 voucher for Southwest. I wonder if it works for Air Tran, since the buyout? Good luck to all!
  11. la_la

    la_la Mouseketeer

    Aug 15, 2009
    If flying is your only option and it's a price you are comfortable with, then I'd say go for it and be done! Just don't check the prices anymore and make yourself sick. With gas prices only going up though, how will airline prices fare?

    If driving is an option, then hold off. We paid $120 each way, out of TN with 1 layover for our May/June trip.
  12. ADisneyQueen

    ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

    Mar 21, 2005
    I have my tickets already for PIT- MCO for June, but just to give you an idea: I had been watching the prices since Jan. and the non stop held steady at $155 and the ones with layovers steady at $122. I have a feeling your non stops are not going down so buy them.
  13. Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

    Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina DIS Veteran

    Sep 12, 2008
    We bought the tickets for our upcoming trip (August 26th to September 2) in mid January. Flying from Syracuse, NY, direct flights both ways via JetBlue, with all taxes and fees included totalled $868 for three people. We had a $15 credit (thanks to a non-working TV on our NYE flight) so our total cost was $853.

    The same flights today are $1138. :scared1:

    We have been watching the flight prices since we booked, and definitely the trend has been up, up, up. If you can find a cost you are comfortable with, then I recommend you book. Fuel prices are forecasted to soar by summer.
  14. disneysherrym

    disneysherrym Earning My Ears

    May 2, 2011
    I also am flying PIT - MCO end Sept and booked at $155 NS going down and $111 NS coming home. I have been checking everyday for a couple months and there really hasn't been any changes in prices. I went ahead and booked since gas prices are so unstable right now.
  15. TamaraQT

    TamaraQT DIS Veteran

    Apr 23, 2009
    In my opinion I would buy NOW! :) If you find $155 affordable, I would do it. Like others have said, if its southwest, and it goes down, you can have a credit for future use. Good Luck with whatever you decide but most of all, have a FANTASTIC vacation!!!

Share This Page