Should I book a "just in case" HS park pass?

ntmec

Mouseketeer
We go about once every 2 years. Have not experienced any of Galaxy's Edge yet. That is kind of the main event of this trip, but we also want to experience the other three parks. Park days are 12/27-12/30, four days. Originally when I purchased our tickets, the only HS day available was 12/27, so I booked the four days in this order: HS, AK, EP, MK. Now I see that every day of our four has all four parks availalbe (at least right at this moment). Shoud I book a back-up date in HS (for example our AK day), in case I don't get a ROTR boarding group at 7am for our planned day? If I do that, will I be able to get a park pass for AK last minute? Can you book a same day park pass? Any chance that AK would fill up? Any advice is appreciated? TIA!

We go about once every 2 years. Have not experienced any of Galaxy's Edge yet. That is kind of the main event of this trip, but we also want to experience the other three parks. Park days are 12/27-12/30, four days. Originally when I purchased our tickets, the only HS day available was 12/27, so I booked the four days in this order: HS, AK, EP, MK. Now I see that every day of our four has all four parks availalbe (at least right at this moment). Shoud I book a back-up date in HS (for example our AK day), in case I don't get a ROTR boarding group at 7am for our planned day? If I do that, will I be able to get a park pass for AK last minute? Can you book a same day park pass? Any chance that AK would fill up? Any advice is appreciated? TIA!

While AK remains popular for certain parts, I doubt it would fill to capacity with all the live shows down. If you can’t afford to add on an extra day, it is probably worth considering having a backup HS day, in my opinion, but be careful to check and see how long you have to change reservations. I would try to add a fifth day if possible first though.

Park reservations can be changed the day of, so long as you haven't tapped into a park yet. As long as AK has availablity, you can book an HS day and switch to AK that morning if you want to. HS/MK tend to hit capacity- AK and Epcot don't always hit capacity (but it's impossible to say what will happen the last week of Dec since there's no historical data to look back on).

I guess the question is, if you don't get to do what you want at DHS, would you rather try again or go to say AK?

We have booked 2 DHS Park Passes on my scheduled Trip EXACTLY because if we don't get on RoR on day 1, we try again on day 3. If we get on RoR, we will rebook day 3 to AK which I am confident will not "sell out".

So with Park Hoppers coming back I have HS booked 4 of our 10 days, MK 4 days, Epcot 1 Day, and AK 1 Day.

If I had to choose I would never book HS more than 1 or 2 days for the whole length of the trip. I worry about getting a pass to ROR so my goal is if I don't get a boarding group to move to another park for the day. Hoping I get lucky my first day.

We are going this week. Have HS reserved for Tuesday ( we only have one leftover ticket and only want to go to One park this trip). So if I am unsuccessful for ROTR on Tuesday from my room at BCV at 7am I can just switch my park reservation to HS for Weds and try again correct? Availability shows HS still available for Mon-Thursday still. I figured Monday would probably be more crowded than Tuesday or Weds. just confirming I can cancel park reservation on Tuesday if o don’t grr ROTR. anyone do this?

We are going this week. Have HS reserved for Tuesday ( we only have one leftover ticket and only want to go to One park this trip). So if I am unsuccessful for ROTR on Tuesday from my room at BCV at 7am I can just switch my park reservation to HS for Weds and try again correct? Availability shows HS still available for Mon-Thursday still. I figured Monday would probably be more crowded than Tuesday or Weds. just confirming I can cancel park reservation on Tuesday if o don’t grr ROTR. anyone do this?
I have read quite a bit about this since I asked my original question.
Yes, you can cancel, as long as you haven't tapped into a park yet that day. Check availability first. You will have to cancel, then reserve new park- there isn't a "modify" option like the ADRs have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter