Should Frozen characters get more marketing attention than Mickey Mouse?

old lady

DIS Veteran
Should the Disney company be promoting Frozen characters more than other characters like Mickey Mouse?

old lady said:
Should the Disney company be promoting Frozen characters more than other characters like Mickey Mouse?

Yes.

They are in the business of selling products that people want. It isn't their fault that everyone wants Frozen. They didn't even anticipate how much people wanted Frozen products. They are giving consumers what those consumers are clamoring for. But Mickey and their other products are doing just fine.

Disney is a business, if people want to buy Frozen merchandise, they should be happy to sell it. Disney was always about cross promoting. Some of the original attractions at Disneyland included sets from 20,000 Leagues and the original Mickey Mouse Club. Yes, I'm old, I remember those attractions. Mickey Mouse club was on Main Street and 20,000 Leagues was in Tomorrowland, where Star Tours is today.

I agree with the previous posts, but rest assured that Mickey's place in history is solid. There is Mickey Mouse stuff everywhere, take a stroll through a Walmart or Target.

I'm not the biggest Frozen fan either, but it's a phenomenon unlike that which Disney has seen for a long time. When I sit & watch it with my DGD, I just consider it her gateway to all things Disney. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter