Should Disney get new buses that can have wifi and USB plugs

disney david

DIS Veteran
NYC mya rolling out new nova artucalted buses that have wifi and USB power plugs.

Do you think having wifi in buses be helpfullly in Disney even though you might not be on bus as long as you would in public transit.

I always thought they should have plugs for ecv but it that means they have to put regular outlets in. Or will that cause problems for the ecv.

This is just a would you like question Disney has not said they would do this with their buses. But think that the next step.s

Would free wifi on the bus help you pass time or help keep kids occupied. Would USB power plugs be helpfully or will it lead to people fighting for a free one.

Sorry for ramble and bad grammar and spelling

It would be a pain, IMO. People wanting the spots with the plugs. Standing people plugging in over sitting people. Cost of the buses. The length of time that you're on the bus doesn't really equal much charge time.

Maybe put some in at the bus stops, so you can charge while you wait for your bus. I think those would work better (at least for ECVs)

It would be a pain, IMO. People wanting the spots with the plugs. Standing people plugging in over sitting people. Cost of the buses. The length of time that you're on the bus doesn't really equal much charge time.

Maybe put some in at the bus stops, so you can charge while you wait for your bus. I think those would work better (at least for ECVs)

Your right I think these buses are better in theory don't know how people in NYC will handle sharing plugs. Maybe just wifi as they do want to put magic bands in helping tracking guest time on buses. And other enhancements so having wifi would help.

They should put plugs at the stops that be a good idea.

Should this be on the transportation board?

I don't think either is necessary. The amount of time actually spent on the buses isn't that long.

I choose this thread as it most time nicer and guess didn't get the disabilities part more clear. Well since Disney won't be getting these buses anytime soon as pp wouldn't make to much sense on Disney routes. Not sure if get make any more sense on NYC routes just seems like a bigger head ace.

Meh - I don't need Wifi to access anything on my iphone. I always carry an extra charging battery and cord. Wouldn't help me at all.

I always thought they should have plugs for ecv but it that means they have to put regular outlets in. Or will that cause problems for the ecv.

The limited length of time one would be waiting for a bus, then actually on the bus would likely be ineffective in charging a mobility device.

Why do people need to be on their phones, etc with wifi while on the bus? Why do they need to hand their kid an electronic device to entertain them? Why can't they just talk to each other? I hope they never put wifi on the buses. It's bad enough that people spend half their trip plugged into their phones. Why even go to WDW if you are so busy with your social media?

The limited length of time one would be waiting for a bus, then actually on the bus would likely be ineffective in charging a mobility device.

Your right when I heard NYC getting them I thought they just want to use them as a bragging tool.

Disney would most likely never get them unless nova gave them great deal on them.

Okay so we found out most if not all don't like the idea of wifi and plugs on the bus which Is good.

So if you could add two features to the bus what would it be?

Last edited:
Buses that open up along the whole side - so there is always access to space, no need to reserve HC spots as it will be as needed, If 7 people with ECVs are in line, when they get through the queue and it is their turn to board, if there is room for seven, they all board. The whole starboard side would be standing/tie down. There were photos online of public transport in Japan (?) that does this - can't seem to type in the right search words this morning to find them though.

Buses that open up along the whole side - so there is always access to space, no need to reserve HC spots as it will be as needed, If 7 people with ECVs are in line, when they get through the queue and it is their turn to board, if there is room for seven, they all board. The whole starboard side would be standing/tie down. There were photos online of public transport in Japan (?) that does this - can't seem to type in the right search words this morning to find them though.

That a cool idea and would be helpful and make it quicker to load.

Okay so we found out most if not all don't like the idea of wifi and plugs on the bus which Is good.

So if you could add two features to the bus what would they be.

Mine well I stick to two

1. A new tie down system that make it easier and maybe could hold more ecv and wheelchairs.

2. Blue lights over the tie down seats and seats with handicap logo on them saying which are tie down ones and ones that are for guest with disabilities or ederly.
to help identify the seats in effort to curb guest from sitting in those. Or at least keep able bodied guest from sitting in those seats

stupid and unsafe. the reason for limiting the number of mobility impaired individuals on transportation is to aid in escape after an accident.,

furthermore they are already quite easily marked and even if they were flagged with lights, it will not stop people from sitting there anyway. and how do you propose to determine the 'able bodied' from disabled?!

I think the wifi and plugs are being added here (I live in NYC) on buses that serve a longer route. Some people are on the buses for over an hour as apart of their commute here so it makes sense to offer wifi and charging capabilities.

Onto the topic of the disability seating. I mean I feel like there are pretty well marked now. The tie down spots in are completely different texture and color to the seats around them and the only ones that lift up. I believe no others are held at Disney.

again no. the public transportation in Japan that has these seats that fold up are NOT for the Handicapped. they are to cram about twice as many standing people in to the conveyance during rush hour. they automatically fold back down after a certain time.

stupid and unsafe. the reason for limiting the number of mobility impaired individuals on transportation is to aid in escape after an accident.,

furthermore they are already quite easily marked and even if they were flagged with lights, it will not stop people from sitting there anyway. and how do you propose to determine the 'able bodied' from disabled?!

Yeah...say I get dizzy, sit down in the handicapped seats. Am normally able bodied, but if dizzy no balance so in that case, which do you want? Let me sit down and no one gets hurt? Or To ban me from sitting down and then having me fall on a kid and hurt them and myself?

I don't know, I just don't judge if someone sits down in those seats. Handicapped/disabled, comes in many, many different forms and not all are visible to the naked eye.

Never said it will stop said might help curb it sure it wouldn't completely stop it.

Second they would come up with a new system that safe they could put tie downs on the whole bottom level if they want. But they choose not to so it won't take all the seats. It could just be a quicker systems that still holds the same amount.

Other company's use blue lights above the tie down points and still dose not completely help but it another aid that Disney could use.

I am not the disability police which some in here think they are. I never said their be a system to determine able bodied guests. If any guest that needs to sit down due to disability should and will always have the seat. But guest in ecv need the tie down points so some guest might not read the dot signs so maybe just maybe another tool like a blue light or writing on the seat will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter