Shot Glasses

cannonballer

Counting down to First anniversary and first visit
IN EACH PARK which are teh places to find the best shot glasses for somone like me who collects them to get them and what are they priced like there? I cant spend alot of money on souveneers adn at most other theme parks shot glasses are everywhere from 1.99 to 6.99.

Thanks for your info guys.

Oh! Good question. I collect shot glasses (or toothpick holders, as Disneyland [not sure about WDW] likes to call them) also.

I would probably just check the largest stores in each of the parks for park specific merchandise. So Emporium in MK, Mouseworks at Epcot, etc. If a ride has a gift shop, you can find ones themed for the ride. General ones (like ones for Disney World's Celebration theme) can be found at World of Disney at DTD.

I am a shot glass collector too. I love cheap souvenirs.

I would probably just check the largest stores in each of the parks for park specific merchandise. So Emporium in MK, Mouseworks at Epcot, etc. If a ride has a gift shop, you can find ones themed for the ride. General ones (like ones for Disney World's Celebration theme) can be found at World of Disney at DTD.

I am a shot glass collector too. I love cheap souvenirs.

Are they more expensive than at other parks? about how much do they range at DW?

My little sister collects them and she is also a Tink fanatic, so I was looking during our trip.

They had some at our resort gift shop (Pop) which were around $5. But, I thought the Tink one was rather ugly. (It was like a plastic/resin painted Tink stuck onto the glass. The colors and face were not great.)

On our last day, I stopped at the area in Germany that sells beer steins and bought her a shot glass that had Tink and "Walt Disney World" etched into it. It was very cute, but a bit more expensive than the others I had seen. I believe it was 7.99. They had others, but I was only looking for Tink.

I don't remember how much they are, but let me know if you are able to find any princess ones! We looked for them on our last trip and were told they don't make Princess shot glasses.

DH and I collect shot glasses, too. At WDW we have gotten shot glasses at the PoTC gift shop and at the gift shop by Soarin' at Epcot. They have them at lots and lots of stores around Disney. I can't remember how much we paid though. :)

Are they more expensive than at other parks? about how much do they range at DW?

They're generally all the same price based on how elaborate they are. Basic ones that just have a screenprint I'd estimate $4-$6. There are ones that are more elaborate with 3D characters hanging off and whatnot and those would be a little more pricey.

I don't remember how much they are, but let me know if you are able to find any princess ones! We looked for them on our last trip and were told they don't make Princess shot glasses.

Now that you mention it, I haven't ever seen a princess shot glasses. I mean maybe boozing is not considered ladylike and princess like (I disagree, I'm a lady and a princess :rotfl:). Or perhaps not to glorify shot glasses for children. But why put Tink on a shotglass and not the princesses? I'd love a Snow White one.

There are shot glasses all over the World.

My brother collects them and I got him one from each country in World Showcase, there are ones of rides ( there is a four pack of them in Epcot), there are ones of restaurants (EPSN,Planet Hollywood, RFC), there are ones of the parks.

Lots to choose from.

Liz

My DH collects them, too. I just went and looked at the bottom of the one got back in June, but unfortunately we had already taken the price off. Sorry. But, I don't remember them being too expensive, my husband is not likely to spend a lot on something little like that.

They are everywhere. DHs office gets shot glasses for the office when they go on vacation or somewhere and we cheaped out on this trip. They were 8-10bucks which is more than we wanted to spend. Times it by 10 and its a bit of change!

Technically, WDW does not carry shot glasses. They do have toothpick holders. If you ask a CM for shot glasses, they will inform you that shot glasses are not available.

Technically, WDW does not carry shot glasses. They do have toothpick holders. If you ask a CM for shot glasses, they will inform you that shot glasses are not available.

So you mean DISNEY is WRONG about somthing? They are actually shot glasses no matter what they call them lol!

I dont even like liquir but collect shot glasses!

I wish people would call things what they are! I would tell teh CM that told me that "Where are the lice holders? You know the ones you put on your head that looks like mickey ears!"

Yes, but a good CM will then kindly direct you to some "toothpick holders" you might be interested in. ;)

strange - I never noticed what they called them but I got as boxed set of 4 Mickey "toothpick holders" once as a gift (purchased at Disneyland). Who in the world would need 4 toothpick holders - LOL

So you mean DISNEY is WRONG about somthing? They are actually shot glasses no matter what they call them lol!

I dont even like liquir but collect shot glasses!

I wish people would call things what they are! I would tell teh CM that told me that "Where are the lice holders? You know the ones you put on your head that looks like mickey ears!"

Disney just prefers to think of them in a different light...a more family friendly light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter