• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Short stay at SSR

pharmlivin

Mouseketeer
leaving SSR in the morning after 3 nights. Short stay, 2 adults, no parks. Stayed at Congress Park-loved the walk to DTD. One night went to DTD by boat then got on CONTEMP bus and went to TOP of the WORLD, for wine and fireworks (BTW we were the only 2 people on the bus!!!). Had such a good time we went back the next night. Looks like we need a stay at BLT. SSR is beautiful. Much, much larger than I imagined. Never felt crowded. Toured all the pools, and all the sections. All are beautiful. SSR owners are very lucky. We loved proximity to DTD, loved the rocking chairs along the waterway, the quiet pool was just that...quiet. It was a little cool for me to want to swim though. Anyway, if the only resort available is SSR that is not a bad thing. Not at all. We loved it. (It looked like people of all ages were enjoying it as well, youngest to oldest).

DH and Myself are planning a 3 night stay in Dec. at SSR for golf (no Parks) We hope to visit TOWL as we have not been there. Looking forward to a relaxing getaway.

I have to agree - I've only stayed so far at SSR and AKV (Kidani) but I felt none of the stigma that SSR is the bad seed or the cheap-out choice. It was ultra quiet, so convenient to DTD, and the room was heavenly.

We actually love SSR! We stayed at OKW this trip only bc we couldn't get SSR.

pharmlivin said:
leaving SSR in the morning after 3 nights. Short stay, 2 adults, no parks. Stayed at Congress Park-loved the walk to DTD. One night went to DTD by boat then got on CONTEMP bus and went to TOP of the WORLD, for wine and fireworks (BTW we were the only 2 people on the bus!!!). Had such a good time we went back the next night. Looks like we need a stay at BLT. SSR is beautiful. Much, much larger than I imagined. Never felt crowded. Toured all the pools, and all the sections. All are beautiful. SSR owners are very lucky. We loved proximity to DTD, loved the rocking chairs along the waterway, the quiet pool was just that...quiet. It was a little cool for me to want to swim though. Anyway, if the only resort available is SSR that is not a bad thing. Not at all. We loved it. (It looked like people of all ages were enjoying it as well, youngest to oldest).

I am contemplating changing my split bwv/blt july resie which will be my first dvc trip ever, to a stay at ssr (which is my home resort). I will be traveling with 19 yr old DS and his friend who has never, ever been to disney. I want the trip to be extra magical for us all. My concerns stem from not knowing exactly where to stay. This is my very tall wish list: I would love to be near a bus stop, carriage house (I believe that is where artists palate is), dtd, pool, possibly a 2 bedroom lockoff on a high floor with beautiful views. I'm not sure if they have balconies off the master but that would be great. Photos, sections with room numbers would be greatly appreciated. Also any advice you may have to make this trip magical!!!

Thanks

I am contemplating changing my split bwv/blt july resie which will be my first dvc trip ever, to a stay at ssr (which is my home resort). I will be traveling with 19 yr old DS and his friend who has never, ever been to disney. I want the trip to be extra magical for us all. My concerns stem from not knowing exactly where to stay. This is my very tall wish list: I would love to be near a bus stop, carriage house (I believe that is where artists palate is), dtd, pool, possibly a 2 bedroom lockoff on a high floor with beautiful views. I'm not sure if they have balconies off the master but that would be great. Photos, sections with room numbers would be greatly appreciated. Also any advice you may have to make this trip magical!!!

Thanks

First, welcome to the DVC family. Having never done a split resie, I can't give any intelligent advice either way. However, as a fellow SSR owner I can make some suggestions based on your wish list. First, I've added a link to the DVC resort map for SSR. It's a little busy, but does give a good overview of the layout.

The Springs (D on the map) is nearest the Carriage House, main pool, artist palate and, generally, has the shortest walk to the bus stop. Not the greatest of views. (This is were my family generally requests to stay)

Congress Park (F on the map) is closest to and has 3 walkways into DTD. It has its own pool, but having never stayed in this section I can't speak to the views or walk to the bus stop. It is a longer walk to the Carriage House.

The Paddock (E on the map) has nice pool area, especially for small children, and ok views but is a LONG walk to the Carriage House and to the bus stop from some of the rooms.

The Grandstand (H on the map) has the best views, a nice pool and a modest walk to the Carriage House and bus stop.

The Carousel (G on the map) is the most isolated of the areas. I have never stayed there so I can't give any more info.

For my family the preference would be:
1. The Springs
2. The Grandstand
3. The Paddock - only b/c I have 2 small children (6 and 18mo) who love the pool here.
4. Congress Park
5. The Carousel

Hope this helps some and have a wonderful trip.

Heres the link to the map:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/Saratoga.htm

Stayed with my wife and daughter at the Paddock last month. It was our first stay at SSR, and most definitely won't be our last.

We absolutely loved the resort, the pools and the proximity to DTD.

Our room was in the building right next to the Paddock Pool, so we were a 30 second walk to the pool and a 35 second walk to the bus stop (it stops at the pool). Additionally, it was a 5 minute (leisurely) walk to the Carriage House across the bridge over the pond.

We stayed in the studio half of a lockoff, and didn't hear a peep from our neighbors (unlike at Kidani - but that's another rant), and our balcony overlooked the pond/Carriage House.

First, welcome to the DVC family. Having never done a split resie, I can't give any intelligent advice either way. However, as a fellow SSR owner I can make some suggestions based on your wish list. First, I've added a link to the DVC resort map for SSR. It's a little busy, but does give a good overview of the layout.

The Springs (D on the map) is nearest the Carriage House, main pool, artist palate and, generally, has the shortest walk to the bus stop. Not the greatest of views. (This is were my family generally requests to stay)

Congress Park (F on the map) is closest to and has 3 walkways into DTD. It has its own pool, but having never stayed in this section I can't speak to the views or walk to the bus stop. It is a longer walk to the Carriage House.

The Paddock (E on the map) has nice pool area, especially for small children, and ok views but is a LONG walk to the Carriage House and to the bus stop from some of the rooms.

The Grandstand (H on the map) has the best views, a nice pool and a modest walk to the Carriage House and bus stop.

The Carousel (G on the map) is the most isolated of the areas. I have never stayed there so I can't give any more info.

For my family the preference would be:
1. The Springs
2. The Grandstand
3. The Paddock - only b/c I have 2 small children (6 and 18mo) who love the pool here.
4. Congress Park
5. The Carousel

Hope this helps some and have a wonderful trip.

Heres the link to the map:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/Saratoga.htm

Thank you so much! This was extremely helpful! If my priority is water view like bridge over water or spouting fountain, etc. which of these sections will have that?
Thank you, again.

Stayed with my wife and daughter at the Paddock last month. It was our first stay at SSR, and most definitely won't be our last.

We absolutely loved the resort, the pools and the proximity to DTD.

Our room was in the building right next to the Paddock Pool, so we were a 30 second walk to the pool and a 35 second walk to the bus stop (it stops at the pool). Additionally, it was a 5 minute (leisurely) walk to the Carriage House across the bridge over the pond.

We stayed in the studio half of a lockoff, and didn't hear a peep from our neighbors (unlike at Kidani - but that's another rant), and our balcony overlooked the pond/Carriage House.

Oh, that's just what I would love. Do you remember the building number?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter