• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

short and to the point.....a tiny trip summery

arielrocks

always planning another trip to Disney!!!
Hi guys,

To start with, let me just say that this ISN'T a trip report of the usual format! I had every intention of doing a proper TR with loads of photos but it didn't turn out like that. So I thought I would do a trip summery instead!

The Cast

Me - 29 - loves disney (except Winnie the Pooh coz hes not DISNEY!!!)
DH - Hubby, 38 - loves disney by marriage and was easy to convert!
DM - Mum, 58 - loves to come on holiday
DS - Sister, 30 - loves to come on holiday to
BF1 aka newbie- Best mate for many years, 38 - never done disney
BF2 aka newbie2 - Best mate for many years also, 25 - Done disney once

Where?
Terra Verde - 6 Bed 5 Bath villa. More space then we needed but AMAZING and would def stay there again!

What?
Well the plan was to have a relaxing holiday of strolling round the parks and taking plenty of rest days. However, after 2 days in the parks and seeing the crowds we changed our plans and went commando style (not without underwear you understand!)

We normally go in Sept, crowds are low and weather is fine. Thats what suits us - we can take the parks at our leisure and enjoy the atmosphere. We had seen the mad crowds in some parks and decided that if the newbies were going to see everything then we needed to be organised! so it was 7.30 starts for us and lots of early nights. It was Hot, Tiring, Amazing, Hilarious and stressfull all at the same time.

Highlights

Flying PE Return was great!

We fed the Giraffee's at Busch Gardens - this was well worth the $36 - would do it again in a heartbeat!

We did a backstage tour at Seaworld - again well worth the money and would also do again - we stroked a penguin!!!!:love:

Chef Mickeys Breakfast - food was excellent, plenty of choice. Only complaint was that because there were no kids with us the characters didn't seem to want to stay at our table too long - but I wrangled them over long enough for photos!

Le Cellier Lunch - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Trails End Dinner - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm with sticky fingers

The Heat - 95 degrees most days - too hot for me but was nice anyways!!!

Lowlights

California Grill - Our server was PANTS - took too long for everything, we had to ask for drinks and bread basket - he kept sitting at his other tables chatting to people - food was avergae for the price and I was so disappointed by the atmosphere and the number of kids running about! Won't go back there thats for sure!!!

Had major problem with out Flext tickets at Universal and IOA which the manager refused to sort out - am now dealing with customer services back here!!! we exchanged our voucher at Busch and then they wouldn't work at Universal and IOA - all other parks were fine though! The manager told me I had to go back to busch to sort out then walked off - 30 minutes of me having a fit and they finally gave us 'complimentary' tickets to get into the park that I had already paid for. This happend BOTH times we went to IOA and Universal - NOT HAPPY

DH got sunstroke and that took him out of play for 3 days!!!

Newbie 2 got knocked by a wave at Typhoon Lagoon and literally scrapped the skin off her ****, back and shoulders and it took the whole holiday to heal up!!

GOING HOME!!!!

As I am now going back in Sept I will do a proper TR then with photos and more details.

AVOID CALI GRILL and go to TRAILS END!!!! MUCH BETTER!!!!

Sounds like you had a great trip - same thing happened to me at Typhoon Lagoon a few years a go - I now have a fear of those waves!

Where did you book the Seaworld backstage tour?:)

Where did you book the Seaworld backstage tour?:)

On Seaworlds website direct. The one we did was $30 and it was 1hour 45 mins long and was REALLY interesting. Here's the thing - you book the tour you want and you pick Tour number 1, 2 or 3 for that day - they don't give you a time! You have to go to guest services at the park the day you are booked on and then they tell you the time! My advice is to book tour 1, then you won't be stuck waiting around for it all day! our tour went at 10.45am!

On Seaworlds website direct. The one we did was $30 and it was 1hour 45 mins long and was REALLY interesting. Here's the thing - you book the tour you want and you pick Tour number 1, 2 or 3 for that day - they don't give you a time! You have to go to guest services at the park the day you are booked on and then they tell you the time! My advice is to book tour 1, then you won't be stuck waiting around for it all day! our tour went at 10.45am!

thanks - just did a google search - weird they dont give you the times! I think $30 is really reasonable for a backstage tour - thank you!:goodvibes

Thanks for the report, I enjoyed reading it. Would the Newbies do it again? Those waves at Typhoon Lagoon are strong and the floor is so rough. My eldest son badly scrapped his toe there too. A nightmare with those tickets, I wonder what went wrong with them at Busch.

fab info - i don't like water parks and that injury sounded nasty:scared1: shame about your dinner at CG. i have heard mixed reviews abut this place.

Good trip report that sounds like you had a good time overall.

Shame about CG - when we went we had a great time - but it really does depend on the server you get I would think. And having to contend with kids running around would be a problem in most places - let alone one billed as fine dining.

Good trip report that sounds like you had a good time overall.

Shame about CG - when we went we had a great time - but it really does depend on the server you get I would think. And having to contend with kids running around would be a problem in most places - let alone one billed as fine dining.

I think thats what ruined it for me. I expect to see kids running round at Disney restaurants normally (but I don't approve :lmao:) but not when you are spending that amount of money on a meal!!!!

your poor friend and poor hubby.

how wonderful that you are going again so soon

Susan

Sounds like you had a great holiday,apart from a few little mishaps along the way.Shame about your meal.I would also like to see some pics if you have the time :thumbsup2.Thanks for writing your mini-trippy.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter