Shopping Hell!

Goofyish

DIS Veteran
Just spent nearly 2 hours struggling round the local ASDA! I'd hate to think how busy it will get over the next few days :earseek:

They needed traffic control at the end of each aisle, and if you wanted to stop to pick something of the shelves you had no chance, you just had to go with the flow and pick stuff up on the run!

We went to Safeways on Tuesday at about 5:30, and it was surprisingly quiet...in fact amazingly quiet........However I went to Tesco's yesterday lunchtime to buy a CD, and you couldnt get in the car park it was so busy ! so I abandoned that and went to Morrisons for it, which was very very busy, but at least I could get in, plus they let me pay for a handful of grocery items at the electronics till along with my cd, so I was straight out.

I work in sainsburys & yesterday we had all 36 main tills plus 3 peripheral tills open. The queues at each were at least 7 deep for the whole 5 and 1/2 hours I worked. It was like that all day. The fact on Tuesday the shop took over £300,000.

I'm glad I have a day off today:)

My local Safeway was horrible too Tim, at 12 noon on a work day!

Poor DH is off to Asda tonight hopefully as he's going late it will be quieter.

Annmarie

Just got back from Sainsbury' and our Christmas shop. Mental it was, just mental!!! :crazy:

I can't believe the shops are shutting for just 2 days, surely all these people know something that I don't and that there is the mother of all blizzards on the way and we are all going to be snowed in for a month :eek:

It's the only explanation I can think of that justifies the sheer panic that people were displaying and all the barging and elbowing that was going on (I must remember to leave DW at home next time ;) )

Anyway we are done now, except that I am not happy that they had sold out of chestnut stuffing :( I'll have to have a couple of extra glasses of bubbly with dinner to take away the pain :rolleyes:

LOL - i know...it's nutz out there - same each year!

I really do feel for the guys n gals working on the checkout tills - it must be real tough to be all christmassy....

I go the the superamarkets expecting a nightmare and try and stay smiley and happy.....really amazes me how many rude and darn right ignorant ppl there are in supermarkets this time of year......and they take if out on the poor ppl working the tils...my neice works in Sainsburys and she dreads working there this time of year...bless her.

Hey - and who stole all the Pavlovas!!!!!!

We've just got back in from Tesco's and it was lovley and quiet. Couldnt buy any wine though :(

I ordered from tesco.com and had it delivered... sooooooo much easier!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I did Tesco's yesterday and it never ceases to amaze me how rude and ignorant people are at Christmas. :confused3

Each year at least one sweet old lady attacks me with her trolley and merrily walks past without as much as a sorry. If my kids did that I'd march them right up to the person they hurt and make them apologise!

They were queuing to get into car park but it took me five minutes to get out of my space. I felt like getting out of the car and letting them know that if they actually let me out of the space then they could park!

Baah Humbug!

Anyway Merry Christmas to you all! Off to a lovely farm shop now to pick up the turkey and enjoy a beautiful cooked breakkie!

Sam xx

Why do people insist on stopping to have a chat in the middle of a crowded supermarket ailse!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter