Shopkicks tips

Hi everyone. I just signed up for Shopkick recently. I saw on the app that there's like 1000 kicks under Best Buy. I went there once and some of the stuff scanned, but then I tried scanning the appliances, like a dish washer, refrigerator, washing machine, and microwave. None of those things scanned. Do any of you know what I'd have to scan for those? Please help. Thanks!!

I just started doing shopkick a few weeks ago, but after reading i have a question.... if i buy something from say target, but its not on the shopkick list (like of things ive scanned) and I scan my receipt, do I still get kicks? Or does it have to be what is listed?

Just the listed items if you are in a Target store, there are kicks for dollars spent on any online items in a separate section

Sometimes Target does a point per $ for all purchases for a scanned receipt, but then it will have a different icon show up (it looks like a credit card).

Hi everyone. I just signed up for Shopkick recently. I saw on the app that there's like 1000 kicks under Best Buy. I went there once and some of the stuff scanned, but then I tried scanning the appliances, like a dish washer, refrigerator, washing machine, and microwave. None of those things scanned. Do any of you know what I'd have to scan for those? Please help. Thanks!!

I had the same trouble! I found that when you open the appliances, there is sometimes a yellow bar code that scans, but it doesn't always work. I also found that some brands scanned way easier than others- for example, I think with Samsung tv's any samsung tv barcode worked for kicks, and nothing with LG worked at all. I also could not get any of the video games to work.

I did just earn enough for a $50 Disney gift card so I'm super excited!:-)

I had the same trouble! I found that when you open the appliances, there is sometimes a yellow bar code that scans, but it doesn't always work. I also found that some brands scanned way easier than others- for example, I think with Samsung tv's any samsung tv barcode worked for kicks, and nothing with LG worked at all. I also could not get any of the video games to work.

Thanks for the reply! That is weird!! The video games worked for me. Just take the white cards they use to separate the different games and scan the labels on there! :)

And good for you for earning enough for a Disney gift card :-)

I was noticing lately scanning the DVD or BluRay barcode didn't work but if I scanned the QR code on the Best Buy label that's what SK recognized. Kind of a pain when it's on the bottom shelf. I haven't done the video games in a while but I'm betting it's the same there.

But other news, maybe, while I hate the new Discover layout (what were they thinking?) when I can get the surprise cards it's been 3 or 4 kicks instead of one. And this morning they had the Crocs video listed twice for 5 kicks each. It's not much but after weeks of getting maybe 1 kick a day this has been a glut. I thought maybe it was part of the weekend promotion but the one surprise today gave me 4 kicks. So I thought I'd mention it if people haven't grabbed theirs yet.

I was noticing lately scanning the DVD or BluRay barcode didn't work but if I scanned the QR code on the Best Buy label that's what SK recognized. Kind of a pain when it's on the bottom shelf. I haven't done the video games in a while but I'm betting it's the same there.

But other news, maybe, while I hate the new Discover layout (what were they thinking?) when I can get the surprise cards it's been 3 or 4 kicks instead of one. And this morning they had the Crocs video listed twice for 5 kicks each. It's not much but after weeks of getting maybe 1 kick a day this has been a glut. I thought maybe it was part of the weekend promotion but the one surprise today gave me 4 kicks. So I thought I'd mention it if people haven't grabbed theirs yet.

Ooh! Thank you for these tips! I will check it out today! I also noticed that SK is offering 35 kicks per dollar spent at Auntie Anne's! Win win for me! I treated my kids to a mall snack, spent $14 and got nearly 500 kicks!

Ooh! Thank you for these tips! I will check it out today! I also noticed that SK is offering 35 kicks per dollar spent at Auntie Anne's! Win win for me! I treated my kids to a mall snack, spent $14 and got nearly 500 kicks!

Speaking of Auntie Anne's, I've also got an offer for the Auntie Anne's & Subway in Walmart, 300 kicks for any Auntie Anne's purchase there with receipt upload. If you can find something cheap there (haha) that seems pretty good.

I also had the Crocs video listed twice! :) In fact, I had quite a few videos! I usually don't visit the Discover page very often. Thanks for the tip!

I just found this thread and read about the "discover" section, which I had never noticed. I got one video to play, but every time I click one that says 5 kicks nothing happens after the screen loads. There is no play button and nothing happens. Am I missing something? Is it limited to how many per day you can watch?

[QUOTE. I' think I've earned (7) $10 rewards in the few years I've been doing it.
IMO Shopkicks isn't nearly as good a deal as it [/QUOTE]

I don’t understand the time and energy put into a lot of these reward programs for such small payoffs.

I’m doing Shopkicks now. I started a few months ago. I just cashed out on my first $5 Walmart gift card. I’m going to buy a $100 Disney gift card at Walmart or the $150 pack at Sam’s for $143. It’s pretty easy. It would be better if I had a car. I’m kicking myself that I haven’t done more. I could have a $5 gift card a day.

I’m doing Shopkicks now. I started a few months ago. I just cashed out on my first $5 Walmart gift card. I’m going to buy a $100 Disney gift card at Walmart or the $150 pack at Sam’s for $143. It’s pretty easy. It would be better if I had a car. I’m kicking myself that I haven’t done more. I could have a $5 gift card a day.
Do you do Swagbucks? It is faster to accumulate savings than Shopkicks.

Do you do Swagbucks? It is faster to accumulate savings than Shopkicks.
Yes I started both at the same time. I only have one mobile device right now. The only things I can do on SB right now are surveys and offers. The surveys are boring and take up so much time and lately they’ve been kicking me out late. SK is better for me right now. Most of the stores they have are right next to each other. I can earn the same amount of kicks in a few hours that’ll take me all day on SB. Plus it’s so much fun. Once I get my laptop, I’ll probably go back to Swagbucks and it’ll be enjoyable.

Yes I started both at the same time. I only have one mobile device right now. The only things I can do on SB right now are surveys and offers. The surveys are boring and take up so much time and lately they’ve been kicking me out late. SK is better for me right now. Most of the stores they have are right next to each other. I can earn the same amount of kicks in a few hours that’ll take me all day on SB. Plus it’s so much fun. Once I get my laptop, I’ll probably go back to Swagbucks and it’ll be enjoyable.
There are watch apps you can download on your phone also that earn points. I mostly use just my phone and iPad and earn more per month doing surveys and the like than I do with Shopkicks. I’ve only earned one $25 GC on SK, but over $300 on SB.

So I just submitted my Auntie Anne’s receipt and got 2000 kicks. I only spent $8.32. Is that right? I literally just got a pretzel combo for .32! I’m about to cash out before they see something wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter