Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

Edited to say I see NO you can not do this
Per airmiles website

Important Information
Please note: Included categories have changed as of November 1, 2020.
You will get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made in the following categories. All other categories, Gift Cards and Amazon Subscriptions are excluded. You will NOT get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made via the Amazon app.

Question
If the spend for airmilesshop.ca is say $100.00 ,,,, would I be able to buy a $100 online Amazon gift card via the airmiles site to qualify?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
How true
I have been thinking about this all weekend and the safety precautions needed to do this .
Hugs
Mel

We are not even going to try as we are not willing to go into physical stores to shop except in the rarest of essential circumstances. If we can't curbside pickup we pretty much don't do it. That is not possible with enough of the stores AM has in our area that we would actually have a need to buy anything at [let alone the minimum shop]. Sobey's, Metro, and Foodland don't have curbside pickup. I'd be willing to do the drive if they did.

So far I have three no contact shops,,,looking for others.

# 1.Jiffy Lube -I need an oil change and can just stay inside the car and it takes 10 minutes,,zero contact.

# 2.
I have finally made my Amazon wish list,,just over $100.00 if I add a package of Dad's cookies and Ritz crackers.
so no contact here. (Airmiles.ca shop).
Airmiles.ca offer is spend $100.00 or more and get 30 Bonus Airmiles (Thanks Silvermist999 ).

Shell offer?
I Will pay at the Pump.

Hmmmmmmm.............................

OK adding to the list:

minimal contact BMO offer spend $350.00 get an extra 100 airmiles.
Run into Sobeys and pick up Gift Cards.
--throw them into my cloth Sobeys bag and tap at the cashier.
This should take under 7 minutes.

# 5
spend $100.00 at Sobeys (stock up on Prime chicken for myself and sons).
Get 5X the base airmiles when you spend $100.00.
I should be able to go early in the morning and get in and out in less than 10 minutes.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Edited to say I see NO you can not do this
Per airmiles website

Important Information
Please note: Included categories have changed as of November 1, 2020.
You will get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made in the following categories. All other categories, Gift Cards and Amazon Subscriptions are excluded. You will NOT get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made via the Amazon app.

Question
If the spend for airmilesshop.ca is say $100.00 ,,,, would I be able to buy a $100 online Amazon gift card via the airmiles site to qualify?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
NO, I've highlighted within what you quoted from the website ...HOWEVER there is a work around for this that will possibly help you with other offer -- buy the Amazon gift card using your Mastercard at a sponsor store -- they are at all the grocery stores, Staples & Shell and that will count towards a threshold spend. I got an email over the weekend that let me opt in for that -- I'd share the link but it's not working for anything other than directly thru the email. Sometimes (can't tell when or if this will happen) some stores offer miles on gift cards as well. SO buy it to get $100 towards your MC threshold and then use it to shop.

Again, we need to wait till 1 second after midnight Thursday for the offers to load, just speculation at this point, don't even know what the Airmilesshop offer will be. I'm ready though, hubby needs a new microphone for his Zoom teaching session, his crapped out on Friday and i told him he needs to wait!

***ETA, oopsie i need to read closer, you already figured it out, sorry

Well...I sure hope that Sephora will be listed in the Airmiles Shop. I went into our little Sephora in our city here to find a couple of things...and of course they didn't have twhat I was looking for. So I guess that will be one participant done for me!!!

I just got a spend 100.00 via airmiles shop Nov 17 to Nov 23 get a Bonus 100 airmiles. (email).
Have to use BMO card.
Opt In

Hugs Mel

Get​
100​
AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

when you spend $100 or more at any store on
airmilesshops.ca by November 23, 2020.1
I got this too, so if combined with the STB offer posted above by @Silvermist999, 130 AM for $100 shop.

I just got a spend 100.00 via airmiles shop Nov 17 to Nov 23 get a Bonus 100 airmiles. (email).
Have to use BMO card.
Opt In

Hugs Mel

Get​

100​

AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

when you spend $100 or more at any store on
airmilesshops.ca by November 23, 2020.1​
And I got another one of the 'spend $750 with BMO CC, get 115 AM's'. Once again, it's not happening.
I'll give them credit for the fact they keep trying, lol.

For anyone who is planning on doing some online shopping there's already some great Black Friday Sneak Peek offers valid for multipliers. I'll start to generate that list on the first page so we'll be able to refer back to it when/if we need to chase down some wayward miles! We just need to wait till Thursday to start placing those orders, I'm excited about this part the most I think.

AIRMILESSHOPS BLACK FRIDAY PREVIEWS

Info from the flyers

Foodland and Sobeys StB offers are both "spend $100 get 5X Base AM" (until Dec 28)

Foodland used to be a lesser $ amount. That's upping the spend for the big bonus. Fortunately we need to eat anyway and I can spread that out over 6 weeks. (Thinking about trying 3 cards so I'm looking at 6 shops)

RONA and or Lowes "spend $140 get 3X AM" or "spend $500 get 6X AM" (Nov 19-Dec 2)

Jean Coutu "spend $75 get 20X AM (Nov 20-21)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter