Shoes...Let's get some shoes

bonbon

Mouseketeer
This is a thread for people who have already completed their CPs to let you know about their shoes. Why? Well, because my current work shoes would have been perfect for my CP job.

**I'm not saying your shoes will 100% work, but it's better to try and save some money, than not bring them, and find out walmart is out of shoes in your size, and run all over orlando trying to find work shoes when you could have used the ones you had

Now, at Innoventions we had to wear black, sneaker type shoes, no canvas! (ie no converse) Here's the men's version of the shoes that I currently have that would be fine http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3933725 Now I believe Mission: SPACE was the same, since I worked over there as part of Innov and had to wear the same shoes.

Originally, I was supposed to work at Kali River Rapids before they offered me Innoventions. There, you had to wear hiking boots

Other people post your shoes! :banana:

This is a thread for people who have already completed their CPs to let you know about their shoes. Why? Well, because my current work shoes would have been perfect for my CP job.

**I'm not saying your shoes will 100% work, but it's better to try and save some money, than not bring them, and find out walmart is out of shoes in your size, and run all over orlando trying to find work shoes when you could have used the ones you had

Now, at Innoventions we had to wear black, sneaker type shoes, no canvas! (ie no converse) Here's the men's version of the shoes that I currently have that would be fine http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3933725 Now I believe Mission: SPACE was the same, since I worked over there as part of Innov and had to wear the same shoes.

Originally, I was supposed to work at Kali River Rapids before they offered me Innoventions. There, you had to wear hiking boots

Other people post your shoes! :banana:

This is such a great idea!!!!!
Thanks a bunch ;)

I'm working Merchandise--what sort of shoes can I expect to be wearing?

I just realized that not only are the shoes specific to roles but a good chunk of time they're specific to what place you'll eb working at hmmm....and we won't find that out sometime, right? :confused3

Its best to wait until you find out your specific location before you invest in a pair of shoes. I worked at the emporium, which required plain black dress shoes. If thats the case, I recommend getting a nice pair, because you'll be on your feet allllll dayyyyy longgggg.
These are what i wore.
br547912-00vliv01.jpg

if you already have shoes that you think may work, bring them with the chance that you may be able to use them.

don't go out and buy new shoes, though. you may not end up purchasing what is required by your location.

your trainers will go through what you need with you and you will have the opportunity to get them before you need them.

if you already have shoes that you think may work, bring them with the chance that you may be able to use them.

don't go out and buy new shoes, though. you may not end up purchasing what is required by your location.

your trainers will go through what you need with you and you will have the opportunity to get them before you need them.

Exactly. This is for IF you have shoes that MAY work. Im just posting what shoes I knew of, and for others to post what they used. That way, you're not frantically searching all of central FL for shoes, especially if your shoe size is super common/very uncommon (I'm a size ten. Try finding good shoes that are a ten. They usually get one or two pairs in, and those are gone quick).

As long as your shoes are all black or all white, you're pretty good. Wide World of sports complex is the only place that allows the logo to be "seen". meaning you can have a big black nike check across your white shoes, but you couldn't do that in the parks.

I've found most cast members wear new balance. And I went through 3 pairs in my two years with the company. "walking shoes" gives more comfort for the all day standing than the "running or casual" shoes. And always have good insoles.

The brown boots are about the only kind of shoes that are flexible in what you can get away with. My GF wears wal-mart brand brahmas "hawks". And since they recently got clearanced out, I purchased 3 new pairs so she'll have them for at least a year.

Wal-mart has a new thing, they're called sole savers. They're little plastic things you nail to the bottom of your shoes. Kari's worn out 2 pairs of them in a month, but at a 1.50$ a package, it's well worth it. And it would be well worth it for any one that has to work on the non-skid surfaces.

So just hypothetically, what kind of shoes would you say are the most common attraction shoes required? Say in the Magic Kingdom...:confused3

The attractions shoes really vary for each location. Some require black shoes, some white shoes, and other work boots (Frontierland). It's probably best to wait until you find out your specific location before purchasing shoes. There are a ton of shopping outlets/shoe stores next to Chatham and Vista.

I worked merchandise in MK and had to wear black shoes. I started off with black dressy shoes with a slight heel, and I got terrible blisters during training. Go for comfort, not style.

I will confess that I bought the Dr. Scholl's gel shoes at Walmart. They are completely hideous, yet delightfully comfortable. They lasted me about four months and I left them in the Chatham dumpster with great pride.

0001713854093_215X215.jpg

First, thank you for starting this thread, it is very helpful.

Second, here is my question: what shoes do Mousekeepers wear generally? Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,

Mousekeepers usually wear sneakers. At Boardwalk they wore white sneakers, short white socks, and nylons.

I worked front desk and had to wear black dress shoes. I actually 4 pairs over the course of 8 months because none of them were comfortable to wear for 8+ hour shifts. I even bought expensive ones and they did no help :( The hospitality role shoes vary greatly, so it's best not to buy until getting down there. I brought down black dress shoes in the beginning for Traditions anyways and got lucky that those went with my costume as well.

When it says "black dress shoes" what does this entail for the ladies? It says flats are allowed--what about ballet flats (with insole inserts, of course!)? Or do they have to completely cover your foot?

Wal-mart has a new thing, they're called sole savers. They're little plastic things you nail to the bottom of your shoes. Kari's worn out 2 pairs of them in a month, but at a 1.50$ a package, it's well worth it. And it would be well worth it for any one that has to work on the non-skid surfaces.

I have never heard of these; what are they and how do they work? I'd be very interested since I work at a restaurant and have to buy new shoes each semester as the slip resistant soles wear down so quickly.

on average, how many shoes do you think one would go through during one semester as a cp? for any or all roles even if you get the most comfortable and durable shoes.

on average, how many shoes do you think one would go through during one semester as a cp?

I only went through one pair. Even then, they held up for some time afterwards too. But I invested in them for comfort and durability.

Some of my friends went through multiple pairs and bought new ones from Wal-Mart every few weeks.

I think I spent more up front, but saved in the long run.

I know my feet didn't hurt once I was conditioned to standing. My friends seemed to complain about their feet all of the time.

For anyone who got accepted for BBB you will need plain black mary janes. I suggest starting to look now for comfortable ones because they are very hard to find.

I've been really lucky. For all 4 of my roles/locations, I used the same exact shoes (black sneakers). I just used the same shoes from the previous program (until they needed to be replaced).

When it says "black dress shoes" what does this entail for the ladies? It says flats are allowed--what about ballet flats (with insole inserts, of course!)? Or do they have to completely cover your foot?

It will obviously depend on where you do Merchandise, but I did my last CP in Fantasyland and I was Merch. My friend Kate and I wore black "ballet flats" because they fit very well with our bird skirts and white peasant tops. They much preferred us wearing those to sneakers in F'land, actually. It just depends on where you get placed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter