Shoe suggestions for all day walking in the parks?

MakinMagicforBunky

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I'd heard such great things about Crocs (and the Airwalk knock offs at Payless) so I grabbed a pair for my son and two for me. I wear them with my socks and they are comfy for walking, but I wore them sockless tonight and was NOT impressed. They're still comfy, but my feet were hot and a bit sweaty. TMI.

My son still loves his, and he has sandals, tennis shoes, etc, but I need something to wear.

So, any suggestions for something that will work for all day walking, not feel gross if they get wet, and will look decent with capri pants??

I'm the kind of person who can live in flip flops all summer long, but don't want my legs to hurt from walking around with not much support.

Thanks!

11 days til my first trip to the 'World!

The first year I wore payless for my 10 day marathon trip (I did a lot of walking).

The next year I bought another type at payless and I got blisters, so it really depends. I'm glad I bought my other pair with me.

I would bring more then one pair.

What model Crocs did you get, the completely closed or the ones with holes?
It does make a difference.
Crocs also makes a flip flop you may want to give a try-
I take 3 pair of shoes with me, I find that switching off makes a big difference.

Jean

I actually got the Payless knock offs, after reading they were similar. I do think they're comfy, they just made my feet hot and I don't like hot feet, lol!

I do plan to bring several pairs of shoes to switch out, I'm just worried about wearing my legs out while trying to keep up with my 5 yo!!

I generally wear good sneakers during the day since it gets warm. We tend to take a later afternoon break before dinner to relax at the room. I then usually switch to birks or comfy sandals and wear them in the evening to give my feet a chance to breath.

I've never tried Croc's and am not sure what they are.

My shoe of choice since buying them in February are my Crocs (Beach style)without socks (I HATE socks). DD also wears her's sockless, and she says they are her most comfy shoes as well. We were at MK yesterday and she wore her sneakers, and she commented her feet hurt - which she does not mention with her crocs. DD and I averaged one day a week at a park (or DTD) since I bought our Crocs!

My DSis flew into Orlando on Saturday, and the first thing we did was hit the Croc store in the airpor, as she wanted to see them and try them on before buying them (she mostly shops on line) - she bought a pair - Caymen (?) - no holes on top, but around the sides - and she has worn other shoes that she brought with her only one day to Sea World this week!! She loves them and keeps commenting that she can't believe that $30 worth of "plastic" (we know it is not plastic) can be so comfortable!!!

Just our humble opinion

Can anyone explain what makes the Croc's so comfortable? I have seem them in stores, but didn't know what they were called. I thought they were kind of ugly, but maybe they're worth a try...

i have the llbean summer sneakers. they're lightweight and dry quickly. i have to wear mine with socks because of my insoles, but my sis wears hers without them and says they're very comfy.

I just bought 2 pair of shoes to break in for my August trip- Merrell Reactor Ventilator sneakers and Merrell Reactor Sport sandals. I lucked out and got the sneakers at Dick's on clearance for only $29.99 (reg. $89.95) and the sandals at DSW marked down to $27 (reg $69.99).
I was going to get a pair of Tevas, but the front of my foot is wide and I can't seem to get a pair that doesn't rub. I have Birkenstocks, but I wanted more of a sport sandal that will stay on. Merrell is a great brand, high quality and comfy. (at least for me :) )
I tried on Crocs, but they were too narrow-I'd be better off getting a men's size. I can't wear thong sandals, and the clogs just make these size 10-11 feet look even bigger! Stores here don't carry the slide style.
Have a great trip!!!

I wear flip flops all summer. Last year on our WDW trip (and I will again on this years trip) I wore flip flops all the time. They are the ones with a little bit thicker sole which gave alot of cushioning; I get them at Wal-Mart for only $10. I didn't mind my feet getting wet, my feet didn't get too hot and they were nice and comfortable (no blisters).

:thumbsup2

I also wear running shoes with socks. Mine are the Walmart X2X ones. They I find are the most comfortable shoes when doing alot of walking. My feet do get hot but my back of my heels don't blister in them. My feet always get blisters on them when walking alot except with my running shoes.

:cheer2: Next WDW trip Feb.2007 or March 2007 :banana: :love: :banana:

On my last trip I wore Rainbow sandals. They were amazing, very comfortable, much better than tennis shoes. They're high-quality, leather sandals and they dry very quickly. They are a bit pricey for sandals though. They usually run from $40 to $50, but I've worn mine pretty much everyday for 1 1/2 years (from the south, we wear sandals in winter) and they are still great. I normally wear out a pair of sandals over one summer but I expect to get a couple of more years out of these. Warning though, don't get them the week before you go on your trip. Give yourself a month or so to really break them in and they will mold to the shape of your feet.

I bought a couple pairs of Crocs. I wore one pair and my daughter wore my other pair - neither of us had a problem. My husband bought a pair and also loved his. None of us got sweaty or hot feet. Then my dad purchased a pair of knock-off crocs. He still wears them but not for long periods of time. His feet get sweaty and hot in them.
I don't know what the difference is but all I can say is after a day of walking in the parks this is the first shoe that I don't immediately take off when walking into the hotel room. It is also the first shoe that I don't mind put back on to run out for ice.

I am trying to find out if anyone owns a pair of the "nile" by Croc? I want to know if the heel strap is removable? ;)

Luv4Mickey said:
I am trying to find out if anyone owns a pair of the "nile" by Croc? I want to know if the heel strap is removable? ;)

If you don't get an answer you could contact http://shop.crocs.com/c-4-Footwear.aspx?reqid=4&reqProdTypeId=4&subsectionname=footwear.

Seems like 8 out of 10 people were wearing Crocs when we were there. I don't have any and wonder if you buy them big for a reason. Maybe they looked big because no one had socks on??? They are definitely the rage!

Seems like 8 out of 10 people were wearing Crocs when we were there. I don't have any and wonder if you buy them big for a reason. Maybe they looked big because no one had socks on??? They are definitely the rage![/QUOTE]

I just saw this and the reason that I have the size I bought is because the salesperson stressed that your toes should come no where near the front of the shoe. I wasn't sure about it when I tried them on but they stay on and feel great. They do look huge though! When I first saw them I thought they were the ugliest shoes I had ever seen.

Also in response to the strap question. I am not sure if I have Nile or not but mine have straps that I push up (so it is over the top of my foot). I have worn them with the strap but they stay on either way and it is easier to slip them on and off that way.

I love the crocs nile. They look more like a sandle and are open. They dry quickly too. If anyones interested in getting the niles for cheaper. Von Maur in Michigan has then marked down for $20 right now. You can call and order them and they ship for free and if you live in a state that doesnt have a von maur theres no sales tax either. Just an fyi, heres the number (734) 622-0233, ask for Lena. She was great and found me 2 pairs in my size.

texasthree said:
I love the crocs nile. They look more like a sandle and are open. They dry quickly too. If anyones interested in getting the niles for cheaper. Von Maur in Michigan has then marked down for $20 right now. You can call and order them and they ship for free and if you live in a state that doesnt have a von maur theres no sales tax either. Just an fyi, heres the number (734) 622-0233, ask for Lena. She was great and found me 2 pairs in my size.

Thanks for the info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter