Shocked I couldn’t get FP+ for SDMT at 60 + 4

olafgypsy

Mouseketeer
No trouble at all getting them for a party of four for FOP at 60+6, NRJ at 60+3, and FEA at 60+5.....but absolutely nothing available for Mine Train on 1/15 or 1/18 (a Monday and a Thursday). I’ll keep trying and I know I’ll probably find one eventually, but I was just really surprised. Is there something going on in the Magic Kingdom that week that I don’t know about?

Yeah, I know that. So I’m less surprised about the 15th than the 18th but still, Touring Plans only has MK at a 5 that day. Medium-sized crowds. Maybe the trend of traditionally lower-crowd weeks being higher -crowd is continuing into January and the predictions are off.

Oh jeez we arrive the 18th, I am so nervous about getting our FP+. Really, only worried about FoP. :sad2:

FoP has availability for every time slot when I logged in this morning (at 5am my time-ugh) when my booking window opened. That was the one I was worried about, too, but it turned out to be no problem, which was a nice surprise. So I think you’ll be fine :-) Mine Train, on the other hand....

So, I just checked again and they're now showing as available starting from 3pm onwards.....maybe they didn't release them right away? Or, given the fact that it was five in the morning, it is entirely possible that I accidentally clicked on the wrong day. :faint:

that happened to us for the first time for our upcoming trip. They ended up changing parks hours and we got them then so keep an eye out for that.

I’m pretty surprised you couldn’t get them. I was there that week in 2014.
MLK Day was busy, but not terribly so, and the rest of the week wasn’t busy at all. I’ve been to Disney various times of the year, and spring break and Memorial Day are far busier in my experience. I hope you eventually find what you want!

Ooh, good point about Splash lynzi2004! Like I said, when I checked back last night they were available from about 3pm/4pm onwards, which still seems like low availability to me. So I think you're probably right about the lack of FP+ for Splash making them scarcer for the other mountains.

That and Frozen Ever After seems to be even more difficult to book than Pandora....I have never had a problem booking Pandora Flight of Passage

We are headed to WDW MLK week, so I just booked our FP+s a few days ago. We are also hitting MK on 1/18. I didn't have any problems finding availability for any of the parks, other than a glitch in MDE that prevented me from booking FP+s for my entire party. Strange that you didn't have luck finding SDMT for the days you wanted...hopefully that works out for you though, just keep looking. I was able to modify times for a lot of my FP+ times to match up close to my touring plans the following day as well, so I think other people are always changing their FP+s...

Last edited:
We are headed to WDW MLK week, so I just booked our FP+s a few days ago. We are also hitting MK on 1/18. I didn't have any problems finding availability for any of the parks, other a glitch in MDE that prevented me from booking FP+s for my entire party. Strange that you didn't have luck finding SDMT for the days you wanted...hopefully that works out for you though, just keep looking. I was able to modify times for a lot of my FP+ times to match up close to my touring plans the following day as well, so I think other people are always changing their FP+ as well...
Yep, I am now 99% certain that I clicked on Dec 18 rather than January 18. Such are the hazards of booking FP+ in what is practically the middle of the night, definitely the middle of my sleep cycle. Everyone consider this a PSA that there are lots of FPs available MLK week! Do not panic! My post was DisBoards malpractice.

Just did the “middle of the night” book for our 3 day trip starting 1/17. Was able to get FoP for arrival day and SDMT for 1/19. Just trying to help reduce the panic! Now, let’s try to get back to sleep!

Always, ALWAYS, keep trying for your FPs. I was able to score SDMT about 10 days before my trip THEN actually switch times to a better hour a few days later. I got FPs to the Frozen ride about 7 days before the trip. I never could get the Pandora rides, so we chose to skip AK this visit. My strategy was to check before work, during lunch, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening. It paid off.

And get the FPs if you can.. none of these rides are worth 100 minute wait times. Get an FP to Peter Pan if that's a must-do, because it is by far the worst wait time for the smallest pay-off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter