• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shipwreck Cove Snorkle Tour

KyCruisinSusan

Proud DVC/AKV Owner
Has anyone done this excursion while in St. Maarten? DH and I are planning on doing this on our Nov. cruise and were wondering if we could use our own snorkling equipment. The PassPorter says that the snorkle equipment is provided but we have "dry" snorkles, which I would definetly prefer to use. I also get the "willies" thinking about using a snorkle that has been used by other people and "sanitized". Maybe we could just bring our snorkles and masks and use their fins. It would be less to have to carry. Any ideas about this?

Never been on this excursion, but I wanted to mention that Disney Magazine did a survey and Shipwreck Cove Snorkel Tour was voted #3 for Favorite Shore Excursion on DCL.

Disney Magazine did a survey and Shipwreck Cove Snorkel Tour was voted #3 for Favorite Shore Excursion on DCL
:confused: :confused: And as far as I can tell NO ONE here on the DIS has done this trip:confused: :confused: . We tried a while back and it was cancelled the day BEFORE we arrived at St. Maarten. They said that visibility was very poor and guest services helped us to arrange another excursion (which we turned down and just went to Orient Beach on our own).

So if anyone here has taken this excursion, please let us know how it was and if you have pictures ... please share!:hyper:

My husband and I did this excursion 2 years ago (July 2002). We really enjoyed it. The snorkeling in done entirely off a boat and the guides were wonderful about bringing up sea creatures for us to look at and hold. My only problem was that by the end the waves were making me a little seasick. No one else seemed to encounter this problem though.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a good trip.
My only problem was that by the end the waves were making me a little seasick
Unfortunatly for me, every time I've snorkled off of a boat I've gotten sick - next time I'm going for a double dose of dramimine!:bounce:

The answer to your original question, can we bring our own snorkeling gear? is probably, yes. I've done alot of snorkeling on Disney excursions, in Hawaii and other places in the Caribbean and the boat crews have never refused to to allow me to use my own dry snorkel, mask, fins and even my lifejacket.

I used to take Dramamine, too, but switched to Meclizine because it works even better for me and doesn't make me drowsy.

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter