shipping from WDW

Michigandiver

Earning My Ears
Has anyone shipped anything home from WDW? I'm afraid that I'll be bringing back more than my suitcase will allow. Are there any places in WDW that will ship packages, or do you have to go outside of the park? Any suggestions?

We've shipped.
You buy it there and they will ship it.
I think theyill do it from any store.
We bought a lot at World of Disney and had it shipped.
And also bought a lot at Mouse Gears in Epcot.
Oh...and also Gourmet Pantry :teeth:

It is a very dangerous thing to do! No more saying, "Nope can't buy that, won't fit in the suitcase!" Does weird things to the credit card balance.

Seriously, we have shipped many things back from the last three trips, including two entire monorail systems and art work. Most stores will do it. In fact, there is a cute kiosk where you actually create your shipping labels. We actually tested it out for the cast members at one store. It had just been installed. Everything has always arrived in perfect condition. And, it is not all that expensive either. I think the only thing we couldn't ship was wine from the German Pavillion. Something to do with Florida laws.

I live in the thumb of the mitten (Michigan joke)
As a previous post stated, it can be a very, very bad thing.
Disney will ship anything home for you. Anything.
I bought a Hummel in Germany @ Epcot and they shipped it without any problems.
BONUS:
The CM mentioned that a Hummel artist would be @ the store the next day to sign purchased pieces. Would I like them to hold my piece and have him sign it and dedicate to someone.
It was a firemen piece and My DH is a fireman, it was signed to him.
Gave it to him several months later for F’day. Made the trip extra special.
They do charge you shipping, but what I found is that if it is shipped out of FL there is no taxes on the purchase.
In my case, with the Hummel, it was cheaper to have it sent home.
-Kim
Oh2b@WDW

We do it every trip - souvenirs and dirty clothes! I think most of the hotels will ship for you and just charge it to your room. We get boxes and tape from the front desk along with an address form. It sure makes the trip home a lot easier!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by MamaQuack
We get boxes and tape from the front desk along with an address form. It sure makes the trip home a lot easier!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I didn't realize that you can get boxes and tape from the front desk. I guess we asked on one of our trips and they said they didn't have any. So, for the last few trips, we ship a somewhat empty box down.

Ed

When we were there in feb all those little (and big purchases) added up to quite a bit to bring home. We actually shipped home twice. Once from the Beach Club and once from AKL. At the beach club all you have to do is take the items to the desk and they will pack and ship it for you. I tried to do this at AKL but they were not set up to do it. But at bell services a wonderful CM helped me out by going to the hotel shop and getting me boxes and tape. Then the front desk prints out labels and charges the freight to your room. Everything arrived in a few days with no problems at all.

Thank you everyone. I never thought of shipping stuff from the hotel. I'm staying at the Coronado Springs, so they should be able to help me, since it's a convention center. And I'll have all of the memories shipped from the stores. Thanks again.
We leave in 3 days.
War has just started. God bless our soldiers.

Weve shipped from both POR and the Poly with no problem! When it goes well the first time, it then becomes dangerous, we shipped 2 very LARGE boxes home the next trip!:rolleyes:

We also bought a large globe and it was shipped directly from WOD.

When you know you can do it you really start buying odd items like pillows and saving all your empty popcorn buckets.

I've also shipped things from the parks with no problem. We bought the Kiss The Girl WDCC piece a few years ago from the Magic Kingdom and had it sent directly to our house. The plus side to that is since there's no sales tax here in Oregon, they waved the tax when we bought it. (Extra 6% off what we would have paid, I should have posted this on the budget board! ;))

When you ship your purchase at time of purchase, the FL sales tax is waived if you are shipping it to another state. I live in PA and have shipped several times at both WDW and DL (mostly art). I have never had a problem with the delivery.

When i go in May, I plan on buying the wdcc set from "Robin Hood" at The Art of Disney at DTD, and will have it shipped home. The origianl cost of those 5 pieces is $603. The shipping will cost me, but not 6%!

Just a side note, you might want to keep this option in mind, if you are shopping at a large place like WOD or mousegear. if you decide later to ship it from your hotel, you have paid sales tax, and then will pay shipping fees. :D

Michigandiver, we've shipped from Coronado Springs before (following a Wonder Cruise and a few too many souvenirs, including winning the Captain's Hat in the silent auction). I believe you can also ship from Boardwalk (conference center area). CMs were wonderful and everything arrived safe and sound! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter