Sheraton Vistana VS. Marriott Grande Vista

*simba113*

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am new to these boards and am hoping to get some advice. We have been to Disney 3 times. Our last stay was at the Vistana Resort, which we loved and our kids still talk about it since a year ago. I have received a invitation to do a tour at the Vistana Resort and a couple of months back received one for the Marriott Grande Vista. I was always leary about these offers as they seem like "too good to be true" But now did some searching on this board and I am informed that these offers really happen. I now have a choice, so what I would like to know is how does the MGV campare to the Vistana Resort...same, better, worst? Are accomadations, pools, landscaping, service, etc. the same? Which tour presentations are less pressured? Also, I have been told that if I wanted the 2bd/2bth villa this is extra as the offer states it is for the 1bd/1bth suite...so my other question is do you think I can ask for 1 less night to trade for the 2 bdrm villa without paying them extra? Anyone did this before? Thank you for any information.

can't compare - I loved Marriott's Grande Vista - very nice and lovely resort

I am going to SHeraton's Vistana this Thanksgiving so I can tell you after words

Of course with my luck because it is a holiday - we will probably get the worst room - but I am hoping.....

What are the deals? Are you saying both places will charge extra for the 2 bedroom?? If so, how much extra?? Is this for 3 nights or something??

We have only stayed at Vistana, like you. But from what I have heard on these boards, I would think the Marriott would be nicer. But how much more are you going to pay for that, if any?

I wouldn't think they would do any switching for you. But that's just my gut feeling. I've never done the presentation deal, but some of my Dh's clients have given their timeshare place OUR name (thinking we might want a good deal), so I have talked to the timeshare people on the phone.

I don't know about Vistana's, but I have read that Marriott's presentation is not high pressured at all.

Yes, both places charge $50.00 extra to be upgraded to the 2bedrom 2bth villa. The deal is for 4 nights. I have also read here that Marriott is less pressured and a real nice hotel, but so is Vistana. I would love to hear from someone that has experienced both.

the Marriott has only been II - until recently the Sheraton's Vistana were only RCI - now they are both

so I don't think you will find what you are looking for here

go to
www.tug2.net

go to the Florida forum and ask this question

the problem will be the Marriott side - some Marriott owners only look at the Marriott board - but you want someone who has stayed at both!

II and RCI are the exchange companies

I am an owner at Sheraton Vistana, and just got back from a stay at the Marriott Grande Vista. Both properties are nice (I got one of the renovated villas at MGV), but I think that I would choose Vistana (especially with kids-due to all the activities, pools, etc).

I think that the 2bdrm/2bath condos in both places are nice (I've only stayed in the Cascades area of Vistana).

RE: timeshare speal--didn't do the one at MGV as I didn't meet their salary requirement ($60000). I did not feel pressured when I did the Vistana one--I went not having a clue what the costs were, and ended up buying cuz I thought it was a good deal.

If you're not interested in puchasing, just let them know right off the bat.

Have fun no matter which you choose!

We have stayed at both resorts. Most recently Vistana Resort (second trip there). I believe MGV was a couple of years ago. Both resorts are very nice. We had a great 2 BR unit that looked out over the golf course at MGV (very beautiful! - and we could see the fireworks at Sea World out our front door). My DS enjoyed the indoor play area and we all liked the arcade. DH took a golf lesson from the pro and he enjoyed that (he's not much of a golfer - that seems to rekindle his interest). We stayed there in November and it was a bit too cool to swim - tho. DH/DS braved the water one day. The pool here just okay IMHO, however, I understand they have a new pool. I would say the resort has an "Italian" feel. We would not hesitate to stay here again if we got a good deal (we LIKE to get good deals). We did not try any of the restaurants so I can't comment on those. Oh - the resort is tucked was off International Drive. I would highly recommend a car for this resort. The location is very convenient to Disney/Sea World.

Vistana Resort seems to have more activities and has a lot more pools, minature golf course, divein movies, bingo, etc. We basically hung out at the Resort when we stayed here in the end of July 2004. We had a great time and our 2 BR unit (Falls) was a great location. I see you have stayed there so you pretty much know what they have.

We haven't down a timeshare tour since our BAD experience at the Vistana Villages. We actually purchased the MGV off Ebay (very lucky it was the exact week we needed) and VR off Skyauction - so we already had great deals.

ttfn3 - oh, pleassssssse tell me more about your BAD experience at the Sheraton Villages........was this a tour or just a stay?

Would you kindly advise how the ebay and skyauction work? Never knew of such things, so glad to find these boards.

Simba - the bad experience was with the timeshare tour. We actually LOVED our 2 BR unit at the Vistana Villages - very new and beautiful at the time we stayed there. Plus, we liked the pool. Not very many activities at V V - compared to MBV and VR. DH signed us up for the timeshare presentation for the $$$. Our sales rep was pretty high pressured and kept trying to find out which one of us was the "emotional" one - failing to notice that given both of our jobs we both are numbers people. To make a long story short, I'm not too keen on going to anymore timeshare presentations.

Our Ebay experience - it was the first time we have ever purchased a vacation via Ebay. It just happened that the exact week that we needed was posted for the MGV. No one else bid on the week. We emailed the "owner" some questions ahead of time, waited until about 5 minutes before the auction ended and then bid on the week. We got a 2 BR at MGV for $350. I don't think we will ever find that kind of deal again. We got all the paperwork, were able to make special requests to the MGV, and verified everything several times before we went. It worked out great.

We used Skyauction for the first time this year. We actually won a week for a 2 BR at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club near Sea World (wanted to try something different). By the time we submitted our dates, the dates were gone. So, I asked if they could substitute another resort for the same price for the dates we needed. They offered the Vistana Resort. We jumped on it. It worked out great and I would not hesitate to bid on Skyauction again. The only "negative" was it took about a week before we had our resort/dates set (after the end of the auction).

Let me know if you have any more questions!

I can only speak to MGV, but we loved it. Last year we have a two bedroom overlooking the golf course. Mother and Father in law in one room and DW, DD(2), and myself in the other. We loved the large balconey and the separate screened balconey. It had a great full kitchen and large living room. Daughter loved the kiddie pool as well as the big one. Although the waterfall scarred the bijeezes out of her :p
We like to do WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld. The location is very convieniant.
We are all heading back to MGV this October.

p.s. - the people were very nice also. At the bar, the bartender gave us marti gras beads to bring back to our daughter in the room.

good luck-

Not a great view of the room, but this is Emily having some pre-Disney breakfast:
042.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter