• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sheraton vistana villages

luvdmouse

Mouseketeer
anyone stay there? We've always stayed on grounds but now friends want to do other Orlando attractions and stay at this location. Trying to find out info. before we book it. Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

We stayed there in October 2003. It was our first exchange through RCI, and we were very impressed. I don't remember exactly what building or section we were in, but we were across the lake from the pool and walking to it was not a problem. The pool was sweet complete with a zero-entry end for toddlers. When our 2-year-old walked in the unit, she said "cool house!" It was very clean, and we had plenty of room. We attended the timeshare presentation, and we were upfront that we really had no interest in buying and listed our reasons why. Our presenter was not too pushy, and we were finally referred to the manager who asked us if she could say anything to get us to buy. When we said no, she showed us where to get our money. I was worried about travelling to and from WDW, but it was not an issue. We went to MK one day and to the Boardwalk and DTD many times, and we were able to get there without any problems. Having the Publix and the Premium Outlets just down the road was most handy. Good luck!

My friends just stayed there and really liked it. They showed me some pictures and it looked pretty nice. Not really fancy, but nice enough, especially if it is a good price. Do a search and online and look for reviews and pictures.

My BIL and SIL and their two kids stayed there in May and LOVED it. They could not say enough good things about it. They are planning to go back next year.

It's a great resort, you'll love it. The units are very big -feel like nice furnished apartments. The pool is also extremely big and fun with waterfalls, water volleyball net, etc. There is a game room, exercise room, hot tubs, pool bar, etc. etc. I loved the place. The location is very nice, as travel on S International is quite easy and uncongested compared to either LBV, 192, or North International Drive (near convention center, wet n wild, etc.) A sanother poster said, there is a Publix very nearby, as are the premium shopping outlets.

Stayed there five times and loved it each time. I wish I could afford it now but I am staying at Vistana Resort the sister resort while not as modernly furnished it is great to. YOu cannot go wrong.

Just returned from VV yesterday - we loved it. While the main pool is spectacular, it's also spectacularly busy and crowded and noisy. Great for kids, but I preferred the quieter pool at the newer Keys section. Keys section also has a small, virtually ignored beach complete with a replica of the famous "Key West Marker."

Great location, perfect rooms, what more could you want?

We are going to villages in august. Can you tell me if they give you extra toilet paper, kleenex and towel paper or do you have to refill your own. I know we have to bring coffee filters, laundry soap and dishwasher soap. Anything else we need to bring? Do you know what kind of coffee filters? :confused3

luvdisney14 said:
We are going to villages in august. Can you tell me if they give you extra toilet paper, kleenex and towel paper or do you have to refill your own. I know we have to bring coffee filters, laundry soap and dishwasher soap. Anything else we need to bring? Do you know what kind of coffee filters? :confused3

There was plenty of toilet paper and all of that other stuff. Our unit had a full roll of paper towels on a roll on the kitchen counter, but i don't know if that's standard. Didn't take notice of the Kleenex situation though...

I bought along some standard coffee filters that I use in my Mr. Coffee at home - I just looked at the stack of filters in my pantry and they say "Basket Style Coffee Filters for 8-12 cup coffee makers."

Hope that helps.

If you go to the grocery store, I highly recommend following the directions that they'll give you to the local Super WalMart. It's about 5 minutes farther away than the Publix right down I-Drive from VV, but from what I understand it's a lot less expensive. All of the directions to all of the stores and the local attractions are in a pamphlet that they give you when you check in.

I agree with the previous posters, you cannot go wrong staying here.

My favorite thing: If you get the larger one bedroom unit, even though it only has one bathroom, there is an additional room on each side of the toilet/shower portion with sinks, storage and mirrors. This means that three people can get ready in the morning at the same time. And plenty of counter space for everyone to put all of their stuff. I haven't seen this layout at any of the other Westin timeshares and we have been to several. The screened in porch is pretty cool, too :thumbsup2

The only negative I would mention is that it does seem kind of far to the parks, I mean not a long drive, but we passed many, many hotels on our way and I would think, wow, if we were staying there we would already be in WDW.

I wish I was staying at the Keys. I love vv and if you need towels or toilet paper etc there is a closet on the first floor of each building that is open on a daily basis. You just pop in and take what you want.

Thank you very much for the helpful information, can't wait to get there. I appreciated any information that someone gives me.

we were thinking of staying there too......does anyone remember if the pools are heated? thankyou

Hiya Giddy .... yes the pools are heated, although I seem to recall the BIG one did feel quite chilly - but just what you need when you go in July/August! When are you thinking of going? BA holidays seem to have some of the best rates I have seen if you are booking soon, and also have a look on ebay (yes really) as quite a few people who own rent out via them (and darn good rates too!)

HTH

Paula

Woooo Hooooo 3 weeks 2morrow!!" :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Paulab said:
Hiya Giddy .... yes the pools are heated, although I seem to recall the BIG one did feel quite chilly - but just what you need when you go in July/August! When are you thinking of going? BA holidays seem to have some of the best rates I have seen if you are booking soon, and also have a look on ebay (yes really) as quite a few people who own rent out via them (and darn good rates too!)

HTH

Paula

Woooo Hooooo 3 weeks 2morrow!!" :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
it will probably be next august...still in the planning stage and fishing for a good deal..thanks for the info

Yes they do, theres a small booth next to the Flagler stn where you collect them xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter