Sheraton Vistana Villages vs Marriott for Universal

GinnyBear's_mom

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 6, 4 kids (2 boys, 2 girls) between the ages of 10-16 with annual passes to Universal. If given the choice would you rather pick a 2 bedroom at Sheraton Vistana Villages or one of Marriott's properties like Harbour Lake or Grande Vista?

My mom gifted us a week at her timeshare, we currently have Sheraton Vistana Villages booked. We stayed there about 15 yrs ago but have no current knowledge of the place. There are a few other places we can trade for including Harbour Lake and Grande Vista.

We are staying a week afterwards at Animal Kingdom Lodge so only planning on Universal for the first week of the trip. Anyone have any recent experiences with the resorts I listed?

I think Harbour Lake would be a better option for you. I think the pool area is better there. I also wasn't overly impressed with the Sheraton Vistana. Our unit was run down and trying to get in and out of that complex was more challenging than I thought it would be. It's on a really busy road. We stayed at Cypress Harbour (just across the road from Harbour Lake) and I really liked that area.

I think you will like Sheraton Vistana Villages just fine. It has a pirate ship pool. Though Harbour Lake has one that is a bit cooler (small slides). Going to UO is a right turn out of Vistana Villages, so the road being busier won't matter too much. You can't really go wrong with any of the options you are looking at. I suggest searching on YouTube for videos of the different resorts. I also hear there is a great guide to all the MVC properties on YouTube...😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter