Sheraton Vistana Resort...is the offer worth it?

Fargoman2

DIS Veteran
Got a vacation offer from SPG for Vistana Resort. I'm quite confident the seemingly friendly price ($149 for 4 nights in a 1br villa) is part of the obvious hook to get us there for a TS presentation. I'm not too worried about that. However, I am worried about the following:

1. Hotel quality--cleanliness, comfort, etc.

2. Convenience--access to WDW?

3. Staying off site--7 previous trips to WDW, 0 off-site stays (we're spoiled)

So, would this be at all worth the "gamble?" 2 adults, 2 kids (16 and 10) would be traveling.

Thanks for any thoughts?

I'm no expert on Vistana, others on here are, but I think it'd be a GREAT gamble. I'm pretty sure the one bedrooms are the new units, Lakes & Cascades, really nice. Couldn't get any closer to DW couple of turns and you're there. We stayed last spring in the Fountains II, a two bedroom and thought it was a great resort. I'm sure others will chime in but I think you'll get the newer units I mean why would they put you in a crappy room if they want to sell you a timeshare? If you can handle the presentation then I say go for it you won't be sorry.

At $38 per night, I don't see where it's much of a gamble......you spend twice that for a small studio at All Stars....someone will be on a hideabed.

But the resort is nice; some of the locations will be better than others; but there are no 'bad' areas.......it's convenient to all of WDW....it is a timeshare so you'll probably have to make your own beds. You should have a
washer and dryer; if needed....there's several pools and recreation areas...Go for it..:yay:

Received the same offer in the mail today. Trying to figure out which of my 3 kids would need to stay home since it says it only sleeps 4...... :confused3

we stayed at the vistanta it was very nice clean great pools. the price is definatly right. however the timeshare presentation may not be fun. (we did this when we stayed there and it was very high pressured. but you may be better than we were with timeshare people than we were. but the resort is very nice.
kim

I have stayed at the VR twice, both times in a 1br in the Cascades section. My kids loved it, it's a wonderful resort! Very easy to drive to the parks. I received the same offer over the summer and jumped on it. When I called I was offered a 2 br for just a little more $. So to the pp who needs more space, call and see what's available for your dates. The 1 br has a king in the master, and a sofabed. The 2br has a master br with a king bed, 2nd br has two beds in it and there's a sofa bed....and 2 bathrooms!!!

We could book through July 2008, but wanted to go while our APs were still active and the kids were on break. So that left us with Spring Break or June for our options. We are checking in on Easter, even though the offer says holidays are not included. I do not have to do the timeshare presentation, but in some offers you do and your offer will state this. I will receive $100 the day after I check in (where I realize they will strongly try to get us to tour, whatever, we're not interested). Since I did not want to arrive at Disney on Easter day, I booked 3 nights at POFQ before we check into VR. That way I get the "Disney Magic" plus the sprawling villa! If you take the offer, sign up for Diamond Lane check in. You can make requests and stand in a shorter line to check in. I have read here on the boards that the Lakes section is undergoing refurbishment right now.
Here's are some pics of the villas http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/villas.jsp

I get a Starwood card periodically. If you do not have to attend a presentation, then go for it.

Others may disagree, but I believe life is far too short to ever, ever attend a timeshare presentation for any amount of money whatsoever. If you have to attend a "90 minute" (hah!) tour, then I'd pass on the offer.

For the person with three kids....I got the offer last year. When I called and said that I had three children, they said no availability, so I was going to hang up and he quickly changed me to the Vistana Villages. It was supposed to cost a few dollars more, but he told me to book that day and they would wave the fee. I did and we had a blast. We received our $100 with no presentation and no hassle. It was a great trip. So, give it a try even if you have more than 4.

allyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter