Sharing stupid thing I did, so you won't be sad like me.

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
At 11 months I got 6 nights BLT standard 1 bedroom. At 7 months I added one more day to it. Meanwhile, trying to get days at epcot resort for second week. I found three days BCV, but I had BLT , SSR ,BWV, SSR, BWV, BCV. After stalking for a few weeks, and clicking 30 times a day ...The SSR days were at other resorts. After more clicking I got to BLT for bunch of days, BWV for 2 nights and BCV for 4 nights. I thought how about we add one more day to BWV to balance it out .

And then in doing so, I cancelled the entire stay at BLT. 😲

Withing secs, I realize what I did, contacted MS, but lost two of the days. 😭

I now have 3 night BLT, one night BWV, one night BLT, one night BWV. I've tried looking at different size villas but so far nothing is open at BLT.

So sad, so very sad. And I'm not even sure what I did wrong. I of course thought I was doing it correctly but managed to mess it up.

So don't do what I did, what ever I did, which I'm not sure what I did, but don't do it.

So sorry to hear. I know I am anxious every time I am modifying any little thing with a fear that I am going to do something like this.
But I' m sure someone somewhere was saying " guess what, our waitlist matched"... It was under a min, I was talking to MS. She said it was already grabbed by waitlists.

I am so sorry that it happened and hopefully, someone else will cancel and you will get some of your nights back. I have to be careful sometimes when modifying to remember what reservation I am in and what days I am changing becuase its all or nothing.

Keeping fingers crossed for you!!!

I love the modify feature because you can quickly change your ressie. I fear the modify feature for the same reason when it comes to split stays :oops: I will frequently call MS when trying to modify a split so I don't mess up one of the bookings. I am hoping you are able to regroup some of your ressies! There are always cancellations- so its quite possible. Sending good thoughts!

I love the modify feature because you can quickly change your ressie. I fear the modify feature for the same reason when it comes to split stays :oops: I will frequently call MS when trying to modify a split so I don't mess up one of the bookings. I am hoping you are able to regroup some of your ressies! There are always cancellations- so its quite possible. Sending good thoughts!
I was using the modify feature trying to change ONE night. What ever I did, I did wrong. I did get back 3 night, break, 1 night, break, 1 night, then I was moving to epcot resorts. Still trying to find something at BLT, I'd be happy with any studio or 1 bedroom at least not moving out of resort. Have two waitlists set up. One of the nights for about two hours, I had nothing, There was nothing open one night. At the moment, I have filled in those 2 days with BWV but would prefer not to be hopping so much.

thanks for the good thoughts.

I am so sorry that it happened and hopefully, someone else will cancel and you will get some of your nights back. I have to be careful sometimes when modifying to remember what reservation I am in and what days I am changing becuase its all or nothing.

Keeping fingers crossed for you!!!
I didn't realize it's all or nothing, after checking , checking, checking, and seeing nothing, and suddenly something pops up. I thought for sure by the time, I got press one for this.....it would be gone. Yes, I know, in this case, that would have been best for me, but I didn't know that at the time. Thus my title.

A week has gone by since "the day of stupid". I've checked at least a hundred times for any studio or 1 bedroom in BLT for my missing dates. Nothing. But I've also been checking for anything in the MK area.

Today I found a one bedroom for one of the missing nights at copper creek. I know nothing about this resort. Is the the "old " DVC where you walked thru WL and then the connected path?

No - Copper Creek are the ones IN the main Wilderness Lodge building. The ones in the separate building are Boulder Ridge.

This is my nightmare.
When I rent out my pointsIit's even worst, I am absolutely terrified about cancelling reservations by mistake. More than once I have double checked I was modifying or cancelling my reservation and still hit cancel before confirmation to triple check.

This is my nightmare.
When I rent out my pointsIit's even worst, I am absolutely terrified about cancelling reservations by mistake. More than once I have double checked I was modifying or cancelling my reservation and still hit cancel before confirmation to triple check.
And what's so scary , I was speaking with MS within a min and rooms were gone already. Not even enough time to say "oops"

I continue to hunt at least 30 times a day. I'll check for a few times over and over .....come back an hour later and repeat. I've checked everything for studio to 2 bedrooms. Nothing.

And if you look at the time period (first two weeks Dec), this is hardly anything anywhere. Do I just accept this will be a trip of always moving? At least, with the one bedroom, we bring less clothes and thus less to pack.

I repeat, don't be stupid like me. On top of losing the rooms, I'm spending so much time looking for rooms. All because of one little click.

I'm spending so much time looking for rooms. All because of one little click.
Not the same, but know the feeling. A 1br was available, but didn't book it as was holding out for a 2br.. ..ended up missing out on the 1br and 2br and spent a lot of time hoping to get either back - ended up making other accommodations.

With poly opening in Dec, what chance do you think I have of finding rooms at BLT? I have two one day waitlist. I've been checking anything from a studio to 2 bedroom.....nothing on the 4-5 of dec. The second day is the 6-7. But I do have a standard 1 bedroom at BWV. I'm not so worried about that one.

Poly isn't opening in December for points reservations, just cash reservations, so I doubt the Poly tower will have any noticable effect on BLT December DVC bookings.

Still a lot of time for stalking & waitlists to work. Good luck.

facebook twitter