Sharing my family movie night bargain

obrien622

Mouseketeer
Just got home from seeing Cars 2. LOVED the movie. Better yet loved the budget friendly family night out for our family of four. Total cost $18.00 for tickets and snacks. We used the Living Social Fandango deal for 2 adult tickets (voucher for 2 tickets was $9) and used 2 free Cars 2 movie passes for the kids tickets. Total ticket cost = $9. Bought large soda $5 and redeemed theater offers for 2 free small popcorns. Bought some movie sized candy at Target $4. Total snack cost =$9.

We did the same thing yesterday. We also had the 2 for $9.00 movie tickets, had some $1.00 candy from Walmart and a bottled water. I did get a medium popcorn for me and DD- which I bought a plastic bag to put hers in- not as messy and we waste half of it anyway. We also had buy 1 get 1 free at Tgi Fridays- we went there after. Nice savings!!!:goodvibes

Good Deals!

I have not yet used our tickets!
I got that STUBS thing at Loews theaters, their new movie reward program. They gave it to me for the first year free, and then I got free popcorn and soda in the mail (large!) so they are free refills.
We used the free stuff, but not the tix cause I saw a matinee and am saving the LS tixs for an evening instead ;)

Now, I also happen to rent a number of movies thru cablevision pay per view, most are 4.95, still a huge savings over the theater, BUT am considering one of those Kiosk movie rentals 1.95 for 24 hours.....they seem to have first runs, not sure if in HD tho...
we are a Movie house here, so any type deal is a go for us.!

:wizard:

The last movie we saw first run was Toy Story 3, at the drive in!

It was so much fun. We got a bunch of families together, $6 per adult and $1 per kid. While there are snacks there, you can bring in all your own food and drinks. There is a well kept playground and nice restrooms too. You now tune in your car radio to get the audio.

We are planning on Cars 2 for the next summer gathering.

Planning on taking DS3 tomorrow for a matinee using the 2 tickets I "won" from the Walmart Facebook deal! Has anyone seen the 3D version? I was wondering if it is worth it to spend a few more dollars for the 3D.

We are going to see this next Sunday at the Drive In! :) I love the drive in because we bring our own snacks and soda, so it costs us only $15 for the 4 of us to go! :)

The last movie we saw first run was Toy Story 3, at the drive in!

It was so much fun. We got a bunch of families together, $6 per adult and $1 per kid. While there are snacks there, you can bring in all your own food and drinks. There is a well kept playground and nice restrooms too. You now tune in your car radio to get the audio.

We are planning on Cars 2 for the next summer gathering.
LOVE the drive-in! Such a great deal for families.

OP - that's a great deal for a movie for a family of 4!

We used our livingsocial/fandango deal for 2 adult Cars2 movie tickets $9 then we did the free small popcorn through yahoo you just show the bar code on your smart phone. Since we each have a phone got 2 small popcorns. Then got a free soda as I had accumulated points on my regal card.

So 2 adult movie tickets, 2 small popcorns and 1 small soda $9 - the movie enjoyment - priceless!

Here Carmike cinemas have $5 tickets everyday for movies 4:00-5:30 time slots, $15 popcorn buckets with $2.50 refills all year, and Tuesdays $1.00 small drinks/popcorns.Think they also do some $1.00 family movies in summer series.Also,we buy specially marked M&M packs at $Tree and many have a code that gives you $3 off movie tickets.

How do you get the deals on the popcorn/soda? We could go to a Loews or Wolf theatre. I got the Fandango deal but I thought you couldn't use the vouchers until the movie had been out for awhile.:confused3

How do you get the deals on the popcorn/soda? We could go to a Loews or Wolf theatre. I got the Fandango deal but I thought you couldn't use the vouchers until the movie had been out for awhile.:confused3

You can use the fandango tickets right away you just have to buy them through their website and put in your code. We plan to use our next pair for opening night of Harry Potter.

Here's the link to the yahoo/popcorn deal
http://movies.yahoo.com/popcorn

My theater is regal which has a rewards card after you accumulate so many points a ticket will print out when you pick up your tickets for free soda, free popcorn, free movie ticket etc.

If you missed the livingsocial deal, don't forget that Visa has 2-for-1 Fridays thru Fandango until 7/29/11. Tickets have to be both bought and used on a Friday. Values up to $19. Once per month.

Marionette,
can you tell me a little more about the Visa Fandango deal, please? How do you find it?

Just a heads up for parents of tiny kids going to see Cars 2 - there are cars being murdered, machine gun fire, and several instances of cars yelling "I'm going to KILL YOU" at other cars.

I thought it was ridiculously violent when compared to the first one. Obviously, what your kids can handle and what you're okay with showing them will vary, and that's awesome, I just wish I had had more information before I took my 3 year old niece.

OK, I'm going to bargain-brag a little.

I had 2 Cars 2 promo vouchers from Kellogg's and one other Disney promo voucher (from batteries?) for our family of 6. Our AMC's policy is to honor the full amount listed on the vouchers as the value, even if each individual ticket is less. So the "money" from those vouchers covered all 6 tickets!

And I talked DH out of buying nachos, so that saved like $10 right there.:rolleyes:

BTW, we really liked the movie. I agree with other reviewers that it's much more Mater-centered, so you have to be OK with that. But it was the first movie in a long while, even at almost 2 hours, that DS6 didn't lean over and ask me if it was almost done yet. Two thumbs up from him.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter