Sharing Dining Credits between kids/adults

omgninjas

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! We're looking at visiting DW December 2013-January 2014 for two weeks, right after Christmas with the regular DDP. In total, there will be 6 of us, 4 adults, 2 kids. DH can only come for 5 days, however, and then he'll be flying back early (can't get more time than that off work). When he's gone, we plan to use his leftover TS credits to upgrade into one or two signature restaurants

My question is: Can the two kids use his adult TS credits as well as their own, or can those adult credits only be used by an adult? Has anyone had experience with this? It doesn't seem like it would be worth it to pay OOP for kids at a signature restaurant.

I have almost the same situation. Our son, who has a DDP just like ours for 5 days had an emergency test and will be coming 3 days later. I was wondering if we can use his meals since they are already paid for.

I have almost the same situation. Our son, who has a DDP just like ours for 5 days had an emergency test and will be coming 3 days later. I was wondering if we can use his meals since they are already paid for.

Yes you can use his meals as long as they are all on the same package.

Hi Everyone! We're looking at visiting DW December 2013-January 2014 for two weeks, right after Christmas with the regular DDP. In total, there will be 6 of us, 4 adults, 2 kids. DH can only come for 5 days, however, and then he'll be flying back early (can't get more time than that off work). When he's gone, we plan to use his leftover TS credits to upgrade into one or two signature restaurants

My question is: Can the two kids use his adult TS credits as well as their own, or can those adult credits only be used by an adult? Has anyone had experience with this? It doesn't seem like it would be worth it to pay OOP for kids at a signature restaurant.

Im not entirely sure on this. I would think you can use your credits on your package however you see fit within your party but I am not entirely sure.

TS meals are broken out by adult or child. You can not use them for anyone (like you can with the QS ones). You may want to reconsider being on the plan at all. I think if you ran the numbers you'd find that you're losing money by being on the plan, particularly if you dine at signatures. And don't forget to factor in the ginormous tip you're going to have to leave at the sigs (something most people overlook when purchasing the plan).

If you have 4 adults listed on your DDP and 2 kids, but only 3 adults show up, I think you can use the extra to split between the kids, however doing this will leave you some kids TS credits. I do know for my family, we eat so much differently on the DDP than we would OOP. DH would rather pay once (even if it is gift cards) than have to pay as we went along.

To some people they look at it as saving $ by going OOP, for my family, it is a sanity saver to use the DDP, if not (even with $ set aside or gift cards) my DH would be scrutinizing every meal and snack to the point of making everyone miserable.

Every family is different, what works for one doesn't work for another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter