Share your Valentines Day pics

I didn't have a super exciting Valentines day because we're going to celebrate Sunday with an NHL game and dinner but, i surprised my girls with a cake I made them ....

018_zpse2c83328.jpg

I made it while they were at school and coloured some of the cake so it was pink white n purple marble inside.

Cheekypoppins, we also went to an NHL game to celebrate Valentine's Day! (A 5-1 win was the best possible gift!!)

That cake is gorgeous!! I wish I had that level of decorating skills!!

I do think its kind of odd to come here with pics and prtty much brag on what you got for V day. I'm sure there are plenty that got nothing. My DH treated me nicely with gifts and a surprise trip but I wouldn't come here starting a thread complete with pics. And yes, weird the card wasn't signed.

"bragging" really?

That never would have crossed my mind!

If someone posts a pic of an amazing Birthday cake that they made, is that "bragging" because "there are plenty" that dont get beautiful cakes?

If someone posts a pic of the Easter basket that they are giving their child is that "bragging" because "there are plenty" that dont get Easter baskets?

What about everybody that has multiple tickers letting everybody know that they have multiple upcoming trips, is that "bragging"

I jsut dont get it.........to me threads like this, are just "feel good" threads and simply shouldnt be upsetting to anybody!

I agree. The unsigned card? Eh, I've seen stranger things. But I think the fact that the card was photographed and posted on a public forum was...well...odd. :confused3

IMO a card between husband and wife (or any two people, for that matter) is a personal expression of feelings. Not fodder for a message board.

I agree with this. I personally just couldn't imagine sharing photos of a card from my DH, not just because it's extremely private, but why would I expect anyone to care? :laughing: I suppose it's a bit different in this case because the card was blank, but it's still a bit odd.

As for the whole topic of 'bragging' about gifts though, that part doesn't strike me as odd. FB on Valentine's Day had an onslaught of updates from my friends and coworkers sharing photos of their flowers and jewelery...some people like sharing stuff like this. And since the OP is known to create a thread every time she goes shopping at a store, it seems fairly normal.

I don't care either way really...But you counted the PP posts?:confused3

No need to count. Just click on the number of replies & it lists who has replied & how many times.

Sorry OP you are getting flack. I don't know the history but perhaps it is time to stop sharing your personal information. Other posters are keeping track and I would find that a little creepy.

FWIW, I found the thread to be sweet & light-hearted. I did not even notice the unsigned card until another poster mentioned it.

Well, heck. My loving husband got me.......NOTHING. Not even an "I love you." He just isn't the sentimental type. He knows the cats would just eat and throw up the flowers so I wasn't expecting that. If he did give me a card, I would sure hope that it would be signed! But, I didn't have to worry about that since I didn't get one!

I had to open this thread to live vicariously through all of you. Hope you all had a great day!

4nana, I have never, ever seen you be rude here or even close to it! You are one of the sweetest, kindest posters here! :hug:

Totally agree with your post!! :thumbsup2

I never have understood why some posters enjoy keeping track of other posters. :confused3 Such a waste of time.

Awww, thanks bunches for the compliment MIGrandma :hug:. I'm only human tho, sometimes it's hard to rise above the nasayers. :(

I don't care either way really...But you counted the PP posts?:confused3

Soldier’s*Sweeties, I appreciate your concern. With all due respect, let me clarify, I don’t make a habit of following any poster nor undermining them :goodvibes. I do apologize if I ruffled any feathers :hug:. Take care and have a nice day. :flower3:

Not trying to be rude, nor do I know the history here :)....but if you and others are followers of OP's threads, know the pattern, why waste time and energy reading or replying 11 times :confused3. Honestly, imo, life is too short to keep track of strangers on any internet board. ;)

well I don't know the history of the OP. Never read a thread of hers. I was responding to the whole "Look what I got!" thread. Yes, to me is sort of bragging. As I said I got things for V day but dont need to rub it in others faces. I am weird though. I also dont need strangers singing Happy B day to me in a restaurant and things like that. LOL

I don't see this as a brag thread but as an attention thread. Why the OP needs others to know or comment on a gift from a spouse is beyond me.

"bragging" really?

That never would have crossed my mind!

If someone posts a pic of an amazing Birthday cake that they made, is that "bragging" because "there are plenty" that dont get beautiful cakes?

If someone posts a pic of the Easter basket that they are giving their child is that "bragging" because "there are plenty" that dont get Easter baskets?

What about everybody that has multiple tickers letting everybody know that they have multiple upcoming trips, is that "bragging"

I jsut dont get it.........to me threads like this, are just "feel good" threads and simply shouldnt be upsetting to anybody!
:thumbsup2 Well said!

And that is hurting you ... how?

Your responses on this thread is making you the bully and the ...

Well thank you, I appreciate it. Thanks for sharing your opinion of me, sort of like what I did with the OP earlier.

S. C. said:
And that is hurting you ... how?

Your responses on this thread is making you the bully and the ...

A bully? Seriously? What an overused word.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter