Share a Dream come True Parade

Rodrigo

Epcot Mexico
Please recommend me a good spot to see this Parade (good view, less crowded).

Thank you.

Rodrigo
Here is my ritual every time we see Share a Dream Come True. We get to Main Street at 2:00 pretty much on the nose. We get our spot along the side walk outside of casey's corner. My DH sits with the stroller and one kid and I take the other to get hotdogs and fries for lunch at casey's. So as we are saving our great spot for the parade, we also get to sit down, relax and eat lunch! Its great 'down time' for the kids instead of leaving the park. There is even ice cream right across the street!! We kill quite a few birds with one stone. The parade gets to our part of Main street at about 3:20. Its our perfect plan!! :earsboy:

The parade starts down by Frontierland I think. If you want to be by Main Street, get down there pretty early like around 2:30 or so because it does fill up depending on the time of year. Don't think that just because the parade doesn't reach down Main Street until about 3:20 or so that there will be nothing going on because the Main Street Phillharmonic comes by and they are so good (check out their show at around 4p at Center Street for a really fun show). The Quartet also comes by and sings before the parade too. The stores can get pretty crazy right after the parade since everyone who is leaving from the other side of the park is coming down at this time, so if you want to get some shopping done, go right before the parade, or a little before closing. It is a really fun parade.

There is a shady spot in Liberty Square across the street from where the Liberty bell is located but you need to get there early. We sat in front of the Hall of Presidents-it wasn't as crowded as Main Street can get but it is in the sun:cool:

Tell me about the music for Share a Dream. I haven't heard how it is.

The music is wonderful. I play it many times a day. You will want the CD after you hear the music.

We sat in front of the Liberty Tree Tavern- and we got a good seat late. We had spent the AM in MGM, and my 5 year old and I decided to go to the MK while lil bro and daddy napped. We got in the MK around 2:40, bought some Diet Coke and Gummi Bears and fought the crowds to Liberty Square. We were able to score great spots right behind a family who was sitting down at the rope- We stood for about 10 minutes and the parade started.

The parade is pretty cool- there are 4-5 different snowglobes and each has tons of characters. It starts with Walt at the drawing board- he's riding a bicycle, and some 20's style dancers dancing about...then there is the Mickey snowglobe, with Mickey in the snowglobe and different plastic or wooden Mickeys all around the base of the snowglobe (like different incarnations of Mickeys). Then the Pinocchio snowglobe comes with the good fairy and Geppetto on board. I believe Snow White is in the back of the snowglobe base, along with all the dwarves. Then there is the Aladdin snowglobe with Aladdin inside and lots of Disney charactesr that fly- Mary Poppins, Dumbo, Pooh Bear with his balloon, the Rescuers (little tiny plaster ones on the front of the globe--I just noticed it in my picture- cool!), let's see, then I think the villians are next with Jafar, the evil Queen, Maleficent. Then comes the princesses with Ariel, Beauty and Cinderella, all with their respective princes. The final float has the castle inside, the main Disney guys and gals (Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pluto) Peter Pan...also there are TONS of characters walking along the parade. Once or twice the parade stops and the characters walking ask children on the parade route to join them, and they dance and throw confetti, etc. It's very cute.

I think www.laughingplace.com has pictures of the parade.

Oooopppppssss- I just reread the post I thought I was responding too....grinningghost I thought I read that you wanted to know how the parade was...just re-read and see that you were inquiring about the music! Sorry for my long-winded description!!

Alice28 thanks for the description. I can usually do it in 10 words or less and I feel guilty. You captured the parade. Thanks.

AimeeM-- we sit in about the same spot-- hope we aren't in MK on the same day (lol). We too really enjoy the Main Street feel and prefer this for our parade viewing. On the one corner in front of Casey's there is the roped off walkway and then several feet and a garbage can. Well it's the perfect length for my family. We usually get there about 2pm as well. A sitting spot along Main Street needs to be captured about a full hour before the parade. This was true even on our last trip-- which was off season.

If you take a look at the link in my sig, you'll see what the parade looks like from the patio at Pecos Bill's. We had a great view for a great parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter