Shanghai Pirates Closed For Refurbishment?

futileeternity

Earning My Ears
Just saw on the Shanghai Disneyland app and the website that the ride is closed down. From the website:

"As part of our continuing efforts to exceed the expectations of our Guests, Pirates of the Caribbean Battle for the Sunken Treasure is currently closed for enhancements. Please check back here for the latest updates and information about when it will reopen."

A refurb, already? Wonder if something major is wrong with it? Curious as to if anybody has heard anything.

When we were there is was down a few times. I wonder if they are having issues with the technology. The ride is amazing. I
imagine there will be issues off and on until all the bugs are worked out

We were there yesterday and it was closed all day. Talked to a man who said he and his wife had been there three days and it was closed every day. The cast members line was that they were working on issues with the technology. All of us were super bummed. It was the ride I was most looking forward to going on. Lines were so long throughout the park that we didn't ride much - plus some other rides were down periodically, we think due to the afternoon thunder storms. :(

I am headed there on September 20th... I really hope its up and running by then!!!

I was there August 6, 2016. It was open in the morning. I was back to the Bayou restaurant in the mid afternoon and saw that they were running empty boats, but by 2:30 there were people on it again. I rode it a second time just after that.

It is an amazing, complex ride. It is going to have bugs, but it was open on August 6

I was there August 6, 2016. It was open in the morning. I was back to the Bayou restaurant in the mid afternoon and saw that they were running empty boats, but by 2:30 there were people on it again. I rode it a second time just after that.

It is an amazing, complex ride. It is going to have bugs, but it was open on August 6

I figured they would have it up and running again by the weekend. We flew back home August 5th - I thought about checking to see if it was open in the morning but we had to leave by 1pm and it would be kind of crazy to pay for another park ticket just to stand in what I'm sure would be a LONG line just to ride it before leaving. I will need to get back there someday!

we thought it was the best ride in the park (daughter liked Tron better though) It was down about 1 1/2 days when we were there (October) but it was excellent! we went on it 4 times does that give you an estimation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!