Shanghai Disneyland Half-Year Pass

Discussion in 'Other Lands' started by bkmanhole, Aug 8, 2018.

1. bkmanhole

bkmanhole Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone,

With our trip to Shanghai coming up - I've been waiting on Disney to release their annual/season pass as the pricing last year was close in price to tickets for 3 days in the park with some discounts available for shopping, food and on property hotel.

We plan to spend 3 days in the park, so we've been waiting for this information since earlier in the year.

It looks like information is finally out -
    https://www.shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/events/half-year-pass/

Here's a quick copy and paste on the general prices (more details on discounts are available at the links):

The 2018 Half-Year Pass will be valid for multiple entries by the same guest from August 2, 2018 to February 4, 2019, but still subject to the pass calendar.

2018 Half-Year Pass Product Details:
    • Sunday Pass: 1,250RMB (Sunday only but except October 7 and December 30,2018)
    • Weekday Pass: 1,375RMB (Weekdays except October 1 to October 5, December 31, 2018, and January 1, 2019, with Saturday, September 29, Sunday, September 30 and Saturday, December 29 included)
    • Any Day Pass: 1,690RMB (Except October 1 to October 7, 2018)
    It looks like there's a discount available if purchased by Aug 12 - but I haven't had a chance to look into things in detail yet as it seems to be targeted towards locals and is all in Chinese.

Launch offer

From August 2 to 12, 2018, the new Half-Year Pass will be exclusively available for first-time buyers via the resort’s official Fliggy flagship store, with a limited-time early-bird discount in celebration of Alibaba’s Membership Day. Lucky consumers will also have the chance to win a variety of great resort-sponsored prizes and coupons by participating in interactive activities hosted on Fliggy during the site’s special Shanghai Disney Resort brand day on August 2, 2018.

From August 13, 2018, the new pass will be available for purchase across a wide range of official channels, including the resort’s official WeChat account and official flagship store on JD.com, the Shanghai Disneyland Main Entrance ticket booths and the resort’s official stores on Ctrip, Dianping, etc. all in addition to the official Fliggy flagship store, with more channels opening at a later date.
    At quick glace - I think the Fliggy flagship store is online (but I could be wrong...)

Simba001 likes this.
  2. Simba001

Simba001 Mouseketeer

We are also looking at this option.

Any idea how to translate the Fliggy Flagship Store into English?

I'm wondering if the first-time buyers August 2 - 12 discount purchase time period is only for purchase made at a physical Fliggy Flagship Store? If it is, I would hope we might be able to at least access the online Fliggy Flagship Store for the pricing that falls within the August 2 -23 range (assuming we can get an English translated version).

If the August 24, 2018 - January 27, 2019 pricing category is the only one available to us, then the cost will be more than purchasing 3 days in the Park for us....

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. bkmanhole

I spent some time with this last night trying to make sense of it - with Google Translate in Chrome as well as some help from my wife (she can read chinese, but not simplified as they use in China).

This is the link where you can purchase the passes: https://traveldetail.fliggy.com/ite...e5c7cv4zfSQ&id=573641194892&scene=taobao_shop

The challenge I had was the payment goes through Taobao/Alipay... and although registering an account wasn't difficult, I wasn't 100% confident in the form fields as I worked through the checkout.
    I was not able to type spaces for entering my name as well as it asks for an ID Card number, it didn't have an option for passport. I'm guessing this is used for collecting your pass when you redeem your voucher.

With all of that and it being late in the evening, I abandoned ship as I wanted to spend more time with it to make sure I wouldn't make any mistakes and try to find someone who can read simplified chinese to help. I didn't want to rush and run into problems trading my purchase for passes later in the year in China.

5. Simba001

Simba001 Mouseketeer

I can’t make heads nor tails out of the site.... I am thinking it’s not going to be an option for me. Hope you are able to figure it out and can take advantage of the pass.

6. bkmanhole

Another update:
    I had more help with translation and decided it wasn't worth the risk of purchases through the Fliggy online store.

The site is very much intended for those who live in China - the site asks for your name and "ID Card" number when you are purchasing. I didn't want to chance any confusion on names, passport numbers matching when trying to exchange a voucher at the ticket booth and being denied.

7. Simba001

Simba001 Mouseketeer

Well... it was worth looking into. Appreciate your update.

8. npoon

npoon Mouseketeer

do you think it is worth calling them on trying to get on live chat on their website? seems like a good deal...

9. Nick6300

Nick6300 Mouseketeer

I remember going through the same exercise of painstakingly trying to translating the details of the season pass into English. I missed the deadline for the early deal by like a few days for this years Spring Season Pass - which was cheaper and I'm not sure if different benefits to this one. I had to call a CM to pay for the season pass and then apply the discount for the hotel room. I think it was slightly cheaper at the 2nd tier rate than 3 days of reg. tickets but the savings for the hotel and all of the food and merchandise made it really worth it. CM at Guest Relations had to link my pass to WeChat and show me the steps (to commit to memory) to see the virtual coupons for the food/merch discounts.

10. Nick6300

Nick6300 Mouseketeer

I had Verizon at the time and got an international plan for 1 day did the calling, then canceled the next day so I was charged only .49 vs. the high rate for the 1 hr or so I was on the phone with CM in SDL.

11. bkmanhole

The problem with calling is the promo early price is exclusively through Fliggy (kind of like an Amazon/eBay in China) not Disney directly. So you are buying a voucher.