Shades of Green - Split stay Arts of Animation

kcount

Earning My Ears
We have never done a split stay before, especially with Shades of Green. We will be staying at the Arts of Animation for 6 days and then we will stay at Shades of Green for 3 days. Has anyone ever done a split stay at Shades of Green before? We are wondering how best to check out of AoA and transfer our luggage over to SoG.

Has anyone ever used Shades of Green's shuttle to Universal Studios? I see there is a $10.00 charge per person, but wondering if it were to be better to use their shuttle or to drive?

Thanks!

I think it would be easiest to just get a taxi or Uber from Art of Animation to transfer to Shades of Green. Shades of green will store your luggage and refrigerate any perishables if the room isn't ready. I don't think Disney transfers luggage for split stays with Shades of Green.

Never used the Sog Universal Shuttle, have heard good things but it is a set time that may or may not fit into your plans/needs.

Has anyone ever done a split stay at Shades of Green before? We are wondering how best to check out of AoA and transfer our luggage over to SoG. Yes, we've done a split stay with WL and SOG. And, about to do a split stay next week with SOG and Beach Club. Last time we used a taxi easily (we flew into and out of MCO and only did Disney), and this time we are driving our rental car over to the BC and turning it in at the Dolphin (we have other agenda besides Disney so renting a car). When we did the transfer, we just got the taxi, asked SOG to hold our bags if the room wasn't ready and wanted to go swimming, or you can do that if you want to go to a park.

Has anyone ever used Shades of Green's shuttle to Universal Studios? I see there is a $10.00 charge per person, but wondering if it were to be better to use their shuttle or to drive?
No, I've never been to Universal Orlando. But, while at SOG before, I saw the transportation out front of the lobby and families doing that. I think the transportation is cheaper (don't have to pay for parking) but I would factor in whether you like the pick up times based on your family needs.

Agree with taking taxi/uber to SOG, worth every penny; super easy. We considered the shuttle to Universal on our last trip, but we decided against it. We only had one day at Universal, and we did not want the additional expense of purchasing their 'express pass'. We needed to be at Universal for rope drop before 8am, and the shuttle from SOG would have arrived too late. That said, it depends on your priorities, and I would suggest you check the opening time at Universal. During the summer months both Universal parks usually open at 8am. We drove, and left SOG a little after 6:30 am. We arrived at Universal's parking garage just before 7:00. We had no wait at security, and we walked directly to Diagon Alley, and walked onto the ride. This was last July. We called it a day at 6:00pm, and headed back home to SOG. Before our trip I was stressed about our Universal day, but it went remarkably well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter