Shades of green Disney World

billyvmom

Mouseketeer
Anyone stayed there? We are planning a trip there and would like any info on the resort.

My wife and I are staying there for two weeks in December. The price is right as we've usually spent a week in Concierge at GF or YC and paid more per night than the whole stay at Shades. Enough that it's more than paying for our APs and TS meals for the stay.

networkpro said:
My wife and I are staying there for two weeks in December. The price is right as we've usually spent a week in Concierge at GF or YC and paid more per night than the whole stay at Shades. Enough that it's more than paying for our APs and TS meals for the stay.

Have you stayed there before? I am really curious if Its worth staying there vs. Disney property.

Anyone stayed there? We are planning a trip there and would like any info on the resort.

Assuming you are DOD and can stay there:goodvibes , it can be worth it.

Some things you need to ask yourself:

1) Do you want the dining plan? You can't get it if you stay there.
2) Do you want a "Disney" hotel? You will not see Mickey or anything like that there. There is no Disney theme at the hotel
3) Can you get a better price? Sometimes, you can get a better price/discount stay at a Disney hotel.

We have stayed at SOG at it was worth it for us. It cost us about a third of what a Disney hotel would cost and we were right next to Magic Kingdom. But we did not use dining and we had just come off a 7-night cruise. Last time we went to Disney, we stayed a the AKL because we got 40% off and the dining package. You can use SOG without staying there, getting your tickets and eating there. Which will save you. You still have the Extra Magic Hours and free parking if you drive. I would recommend having a car, because their shuttle did not run as much as Disney transportation.

Edit: Go to the Resorts Forum and look for the Shades of Green thread. It will have lots of information.

I have stayed here twice. This hotel has the biggest rooms on property - it use to be the Golf Resort and all the Disney bigwigs stayed here. I do believe I read that they have lost the free parking at a theme park perk. I like the large rooms, the wonderful price - about 1/3 of what the Polynesian cost. Great location - we always just walk over to the Polynesian and catch the monorail. You can go to the high rise parking garage top floor and see the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. Also the covered parking is nice since none of the Disney resorts offer this option. In addition to lower cost on
Disney tickets they also have a small gift shop that sells Disney stuff at a reduced price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter