SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

We're having issues with MDE too. It either doesn't show the reservation or only shows it for a subset of our days. We booked FP's at 60 days though and are just over 30 days now and haven't lost anything so I'm presuming all is fine.

We're having issues with MDE too. It either doesn't show the reservation or only shows it for a subset of our days. We booked FP's at 60 days though and are just over 30 days now and haven't lost anything so I'm presuming all is fine.
biggest tip is to screenshot each person's FP+ or print it out (I know it's a pain) but if something happens then Guest Services would be able to help you out at the parks. I have not heard of anyone actually losing anything except the res not showing up, but MDE is not necessary for SOG check in or anything otherwise so not a huge deal realistically speaking. Our one dining reservation for this next trip has continued to show up even though the SOG res is always gone.
have an awesome trip!!

biggest tip is to screenshot each person's FP+ or print it out (I know it's a pain) but if something happens then Guest Services would be able to help you out at the parks. I have not heard of anyone actually losing anything except the res not showing up, but MDE is not necessary for SOG check in or anything otherwise so not a huge deal realistically speaking. Our one dining reservation for this next trip has continued to show up even though the SOG res is always gone.
have an awesome trip!!

Thanks. That is a great idea!

Anyone have experience with this...
We are staying at SOG in June with my husband's extended family - a total of 4 rooms. My FIL is the eligible sponsor, so his name is on on 4 rooms. I added the rooms to My Disney Experience, but his name is the primary person on all 4 rooms, and I could not change it. I was able to link the remaining occupants in each room correctly, but one person is missing from each room since FIL is taking that spot. I called Disney, they said they can't make any changes to these reservations since SOG is government owned. My concern is making FP+ reservations 60 days out for everyone in our party, since some are not shown as staying at the resort. Disney assured me that since we are all linked as Friends and Family, we won't have any problems??
Has anyone been able to do this??

Yes - we have done this several times and had the same issue with my husband’s name on each room. As long as you are “friends” on MDE you can make the other people’s fast passes for them at the same time you do yours even though they don’t have their name connected to a room.
You can do it at 60 days although until that time it will only show 30 days ahead on MDE. On your 60 day point it will open up!

What’s the best way to put in a room location request? Call? Email? I didn’t do it when I made the reservations so I need to add it now.

What’s the best way to put in a room location request? Call? Email? I didn’t do it when I made the reservations so I need to add it now.

You can call if your visit is not far off, but if you send email you'll normally get a reply within a day...just be sure to include your confirmation number with your email.

"If you have any questions, please call the Shades of Green Resort on Walt Disney World Resort reservation department at 1-888-593-2242 or send an email to reservations@shadesofgreen.org."

You can call if your visit is not far off, but if you send email you'll normally get a reply within a day...just be sure to include your confirmation number with your email.

"If you have any questions, please call the Shades of Green Resort on Walt Disney World Resort reservation department at 1-888-593-2242 or send an email to reservations@shadesofgreen.org."

As we all know, a paper trail can come in handy

But also the front desk crew especially the evening/overnight crew is amazing, calling can help too. I'm sure with either way you'll receive the standard 'no guarantee' response but it can't hurt to ask!

Thanks! I will email. It's nothing critical - just have a favorite location that I like to be near if possible. :) No big deal if it doesn't happen but I like to put in the request!

This is our first time staying at Shades and my only request was that we be near our traveling companions who are on a different reservation (I wouldn't know what to ask for beyond that). Trouble is we are in a standard room and they are in a pool view. I presume its possible to still be close with these room types, but can anyone confirm?

This is our first time staying at Shades and my only request was that we be near our traveling companions who are on a different reservation (I wouldn't know what to ask for beyond that). Trouble is we are in a standard room and they are in a pool view. I presume its possible to still be close with these room types, but can anyone confirm?

Yes, you can request a nearby room, perhaps across the hall from the pool view room. They will not guarantee a room request, but they are usually pretty good about getting you close by.

Yes, you can request a nearby room, perhaps across the hall from the pool view room. They will not guarantee a room request, but they are usually pretty good about getting you close by.

I was in that boat a couple years ago when I booked 3 rooms and 1 of them was poolside. We got the poolside and the other two rooms were adjoining and across the hall and about 3-4 doors down from the poolside room, so they did handle it very well in our situation and as long as PP gives ample time for them the work the request (i.e., more than 2-3 days) then I bet it will work out fine.

I was in that boat a couple years ago when I booked 3 rooms and 1 of them was poolside. We got the poolside and the other two rooms were adjoining and across the hall and about 3-4 doors down from the poolside room, so they did handle it very well in our situation and as long as PP gives ample time for them the work the request (i.e., more than 2-3 days) then I bet it will work out fine.

Thanks to you both. I added a request to our reservation that our rooms be as close as possible, so hopefully they can accommodate us.

It took us about 10 minutes. Once at the Polenesian you still need to follow a curvy pathway, get into hotel, get thru busy lobby, up escalator, then walk thru top floor to doors of monorail. If you have stroller you need to take a busy elevator up. It’s not a super quick process and tiring to do often. We did do it often though:)
That’s ok, we stay at the POLY and know it well. It will motivate me to walk knowing I can stop and grab some Kona coffee before getting in the monorail.:rotfl:

Just an FYI.....Steve's Military Tips site has posted that SOG parking rates are increasing once again from $7.00 to $9.00 per day. They will also be charging hourly rates for those visiting the resort; first two hours will be free.

Just an FYI.....Steve's Military Tips site has posted that SOG parking rates are increasing once again from $7.00 to $9.00 per day. They will also be charging hourly rates for those visiting the resort; first two hours will be free.

Oops I forgot to mention that - we were there a couple weeks ago and the parking rate had already changed from $7/day to $9/day.

Oooh, good to know! We're doing 1 day at a WDW resort (so we can use the magical express for coming in) and then switching over to SOG. Who did you contact to organise the Disney to Shades luggage transfer (and is it only at certain resort levels? We're staying at a value)?
Hi there....sorry, just seeing this now. I think that year we stayed in a value resort, and then moved to SOG. At the value, we just went to their bell services and told them we needed the luggage switched over. It was not a problem. We went to the parks for the day, and checked into SOG really late, but our luggage was there.

I guess it would be less than 2 minutes when you're standing at the edge of Shades' property and walk across the street to the edge of the Polynesion property!

I just played with an online map, and it was pretty much exactly half a mile from the front entrance of SOG (where bell services are) to the side entrance to the Grand Ceremonial House, using the walking paths :) So just factor in your own walking speed from there. It takes my brother and I definitely less than 15 minutes to make the trip, but with my dad (who's an amputee) it takes a bit longer.

Agreed. I think we used the monorail and walked every single day between SOG and Poly. It really wasn't that bad at all, and when you've been walking all day at Disney....what's a little more?!

We are headed to Shades of Green next week (woohoo) and two questions I had.

1. What is the Shady Shuttle? We got an email about marathon road closures and it said "the Shady Shuttle will be available to transport guests to the end of our property." I wasn't sure what this was.

2. Does the exchange sell beer/wine and can any guest it? I'm a DoD Civilian and can't normally shop at the exchange.

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter