Sex Wax?

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
fa1296.jpg

With a name like Sex Wax, it’s got to be good. A little mysterious, a little provocative, who wouldn’t buy the ingenious titled surfboard wax? Fredrick Herzog III knew that sex sold, and so when he and chemist Nate Skinner formulated a surfboard wax in 1972, he got the most primal urge on his side. Mr. Herzog, the ‘Zog’ behind the product, capitalized on the shocking popularity and put the logo on t-shirts as well.

Mr. Zog’s Sex Wax got attention, (and caused more than a few misunderstandings), and the name helped to propel Mr. Zog’s into a nationally recognizable surf name. Kids who lived far from a surf-ready coast may not have had any idea what Sex Wax was, but they really wanted to find out. Across the country, students were sent to the principal’s office and forced to turn their t-shirts inside out when they wore the offending emblem. Call it good advertising, because the inherent rebellion in having ‘Sex Wax’ plastered across your shirt made Mr. Zog’s one of the best-selling surf shirts.

LOL! That brings back memories! I grew up near the coast and we were actually allowed to wear our t-shirts to school.:cool:

Now, I've come to EXPECT this sort of sordidness from EROS, but you, Blondie???

What is the world coming to???:confused: :confused:

Sordidness? That stuff makes my snowboard glide like butter! :D

Goes to show...you learn something NEW everyday on the DIS!:rolleyes: :p ;)

I knew what it was (I had a boyfriend who was a skateboarder) I even have some somewhere...I have a Steve Caballero skateboard too! I wonder what ever happened to my ex....those were fun times.

Originally posted by Poohbear123
Goes to show...you learn something NEW everyday on the DIS!:rolleyes: :p ;)

You live in Miami & have never heard of Sex Wax? Maybe it's a CA thing?

I used to be a little skater & wore a bunch of the stuff.
I used to wear:
Airwalks
Vision Street Wear
Jimmy Z
Rusty

I still wear:
Billabong
Vans
Quiksilver
Hurley

I still have my old Tony Hawk Powell Peralta board. LOL

Now, I've come to EXPECT this sort of sordidness from EROS, but you, Blondie???

Been taking lessons from Eros...he's one of my favorite teachers, his motto is turn me on, or I'll turn ya in! ;)

Out there fishin', Blondie???

Hee hee! Not really....just bored! :p

Jeff, I figured a real Californian would know what it was!

Originally posted by Blondie
Jeff, I figured a real Californian would know what it was!
Yup! I remember the first time I went into Tilly's (I was about 10 at the time) & saw Sex Wax. I couldn't stop giggling & my mom & aunt just rolled their eyes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter