~~ Sew hot, Hot, HOT! ~~ A sweltering Aug 2013 TR ~ Pre-Trippie link posted! ~ 10/31!

Joining in!!! Love all the pics so far. Glad you survived the heat and rain. Can't wait to read more!!

You have a loyal group of lurkers, and you don't even know it! Hey there from Texas. I read your PTR and loved, loved, loved, it. Your family is beautiful! Your bags are soooooooo amazing. I was anxiously awaiting knowing your love for Disney would spur a trip report soon after your return. Cannot wait to read along! BTW your love for the Disney magic inspired me to guilt my family in a very short trip in February, just for a weekend. It will be the first time back in over 6 years. I blame it all on you and oopsiDAISY;) Share all you can, I will be hanging on to every word!

Great start. I'm glad you make it home safely. I can't wait to read more.
Liz

I'm here too! Remind me of your exact dates (the memory is not what it used to be!). We were there from the 17th - the 25th. Maybe we'll appear in the background of some of your pictures!?!

I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. So far, it sounds like a truly magical vacation.

I'm here! Can't wait to hear how the trip went!! Glad you all made it home safe.

I'm here! I think I'm even first! Can't wait to read all about your trip.

It was bumpy over GA because I was waving as hard as I could!

Can't wait to hear more!

Nini

Love the picture of you three on the plane.....that reminds me......have to get the pictures off Sara's phone.

The flight down is always so fun! Doesn't matter how early. We all just love Disney Day!

Yay, I got in right at the beginning of this TR! Great start and great pics of all of you! I found you last one quite late on and lurked away but not this time! Looking forward to the next update!

Saving a spot...be back when we get home.

Following along! I enjoyed your pics all week! Can't wait to read about all the fun!

I can't wait to hear about your trip! Sounds like it got a little hot :smokin:

Hi D! It's Tasha!

Great start! Your pictures are making me miss WDW and you just got started!

Tell the girls I said Hi!

Off to a great start!!!

Only great thing about a wait at ME is a great seat on the next bus for the BEST sign in the world pic!!

popcorn::popcorn::

I'm Here!!!

I've been waiting for this!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip :)

I always feel like we wait the longest for DME

I can't wait to read all about your trip!!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear about POFQ as we booked the bounceback for next year there.

I was a lurker at the end of your PTR, looking forward to the rest of the TR. can I ask where you sell your lovely creations? If we are breaking rules on DIS talking about that feel free to PM me. :)

I'm here and loving it so far! Can't wait to read about all your adventures....it gets me even more excited for my upcoming trip in October!

The pic of the 3 of you on the plane is adorable. Sometimes when I travel I get so engrossed in the moment that I forget to get the camera out. I will have to remember to take airport and travel pics.

Looks like it'll be a fun trip even if it does turn out to be super hot. I really enjoyed those silly pics in your first post!

Love. Can't wait to relive the (hot a$$) magic with you!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm here!

I'm here too!

No longer MIA........Here I am! :wave2:

I was scanning over the new posts this morning and the title of your TR caught my eye, having visited WDW in August twice myself.

What I remember most about our trips in August is a lot of rain and being very hot and very sweaty beneath our ponchos which became like a second skin because Did I mention the rain?

Love the first installment, love the pics of you and the girls on the plane. I find myself hopeing we just missed an ME bus as I hate having to sit way in back. You got great pics of the Disney Sign

Can not wait to read more!

YAY!!!!! (I just realized that I have been saying yay A LOT!!!!!) I am so excited that the TRs are started!!! My Disney stalking, eh obsession, eh hobby yeah hobby resumes!!!

I'm here. We're home. Emma & I are talking about a possible December trip-her last one on one trip before middle school.

Hey we were in row 7 to MCO too.

Love your Disney sign pic!

I'm here too! Can't wait to hear more....

Great start! Fun pics!!

Here from TN!! Hellooooo!! Lol... loved the ptr can't wait to read what happened next!

I am finally here. Sitting at mco waiting for our 1st flight. Today has been a lot of waiting.

I'm here too!

I am following right along!!

I'm here. Wow, you waste no time. I thought you might have 1-2 days of down time before starting your TR. I am indeed a slacker. Still no TR for our summer trip because I can't find a suitable title and uggg.....still editing photos. Can't wait to see your pics and hear how your trip was!!

I'm here.

One of these days, I'd love to take DME. Which would be hard because 1) we usually drive and 2) we usually stay offsite.

Can't wait to read the rest. Also can't wait to see if my prediction comes true.

Can't wait to hear all about your journey. Great start!!

I'm here. Sounds like a great start to a magical time with your girls. Don't take a single moment for granted. My last trip with my girls I took it all for granted. I complained that they went to the movies didn't spend as much family time etc but if I had known it would be my last trip with them I would have wavered every second, even the complaints.

Joining in

Hi D.

Joining in on your adventure! We were there August 2012...HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!
Sheila

Joining in!!! Love all the pics so far. Glad you survived the heat and rain. Can't wait to read more!!

You have a loyal group of lurkers, and you don't even know it! Hey there from Texas. I read your PTR and loved, loved, loved, it. Your family is beautiful! Your bags are soooooooo amazing. I was anxiously awaiting knowing your love for Disney would spur a trip report soon after your return. Cannot wait to read along! BTW your love for the Disney magic inspired me to guilt my family in a very short trip in February, just for a weekend. It will be the first time back in over 6 years. I blame it all on you and oopsiDAISY Share all you can, I will be hanging on to every word!

Great start. I'm glad you make it home safely. I can't wait to read more.
Liz

Joining in! Caught your ptr at the last moment.

Can't wait to read all about your trip.

Reading along.

I'm here too! Remind me of your exact dates (the memory is not what it used to be!). We were there from the 17th - the 25th. Maybe we'll appear in the background of some of your pictures!?!

Yes - we were there Aug 20-29

I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. So far, it sounds like a truly magical vacation.

I'm here!

i'm here!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear how the trip went!! Glad you all made it home safe.

Joining in on the fun!! Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Welcome everyone!!!

I am delighted that I have so many old friends and new friends joining me on this TR!

Most of you that know me, or have followed my previous TR/PTRs, know that I am very dedicated to my morning replies... However - I must apologize that 4 pages of replies this morning was a bit much... So please know that I am very happy you all are here. :lovestruc

I really enjoy telling everyone about our trips, or in the case of PTRs - our trip plans... Writing a TR helped enormously with our post Disney blues last time - and I am really hoping it will help this time... Unfortunately - it also spurred this last trip... :laughing: Sooo... :rolleyes1

I've been enjoying a few down days with my family, since I am scheduled off in my sewing room until Tuesday - those of you that have followed me for a while, know that I have been working at a pretty frantic pace for several months... I am finding, at the moment, it is very difficult for me to have nothing to do. Every day, I walk past my sewing room, and I am just itching to get in there - but I keep telling myself that I must enjoy my time off. ::yes::

I started editing my Photopass pictures yesterday. I decided I better start now, while I don't have anything on my plate, because once I go back to work - well, my time to do that will be limited. I started off with 444 Photopass pictures - and I am up to well over 1000 now. :woohoo: I was a bit disappointed in the lack of Photopass photographers this trip, but I was very happy to have had PP+, so we were able to get all of our ride photos and our dining package photos - that was HUGE and worth the price of PP+... So, I consider all these other pictures to be icing on the cake. Anyways... I am editing them by park... So far, I am about 3/4 of the way through MK - which is the bulk of our photos because we had 2.5 days there.

Oh, and I scanned all of our dining photos yesterday... I know they come digitally on our PP cd, but... Well - I just couldn't wait. :laughing:

I have plans to do another TR update this morning... I better dig into it while I have the time. ::yes::

I hope you all have an amazing day today... Sending prayers and hugs to everyone in need... Again - welcome to everyone, and thanks for following along. :cloud9:

D~

Finally here, sorry I am late started a new (part time) job at Walmart worked 38hrs this week...whew Had a talk with my boss.........ah was supposed to be 20-15 hrs not full time eeeek! He claims it was for training and will go down to 25 but not going to hold my breath...lol.....Ok bring on the report so excited!:thumbsup2
love the pics on the plane :goodvibes

The girls and I arrived at our home resort - French Quarter at approx 1:15pm - we were soooo excited to be here!

On the bus, I had been texting several people - so many of my Dis friends wanted updates, and then of course - Josh needed to know how our traveling was going too.

Once we arrived at FQ, the girls and I hoisted our bags onto our shoulders - which were tired and sore from carrying these heavy bags - and walked into the rotunda... And who did I spy???

It was SUZI!!!!!!!!! She had come all the way to FQ with Sara and Bradey to welcome us to WDW!!! How sweet is that??? It was so wonderful to see her - it had been a few months, and it was just the NICEST gesture to have her and her family there to greet us. So, I gave her the quickest and biggest hug ever... Oh and I said "Hi" to Mo too - as Suzi had Mo on the phone! Then I ran over to check us in... Normally, I wouldn't have ran off so quickly - but I was so tired of carrying those heavy bags, and I was very anxious to get our room.

OK - I must back up for a moment... 4 days prevous to our arrival - I had faxed my room request... In my request, I had asked for a room close to the room we had in March of 2012... I was hoping for a view that was similar - because from our room, we could see the movie courtyard and also I could see the door to the food court... Traveling alone with the girls - well, I just felt more comfortable if I could keep an eye on them if they were going anywhere by themselves. This was the only request I had made... At one point, I was also going to request a fridge - but I took that off of my room request - and I decided to leave that to the Disney Gods, I had a cooler packed in my luggage just in case.

OK - back on track now...

I went to check in... The whole time I was just hoping... Please be building #6 - please be building #6... Finally, I couldn't stand it a moment longer, and I asked our room #... Guess what??? Not only did we get our requested building - but we were given the exact same room we had last time!!! Room 6220 - Talk about Pixie Dust!!!! Not only were we home - but we were REALLY HOME!!!

I was literally jumping up and down right there at the check in desk!

So then - the next little issue... Some of you may remember from my PTR - the girls and I were booked with the military discount - because of that discount, we could not purchase a "package" which meant our room tickets were seperate from our KTTW cards... What a pain!!! So, the next order of business was to see if there was any way they could be combined...

CMs Joan, Rich and Patty did their best - but in the end - there was no way they could get them to combine... <--- This little bit of info comes into play later in our trip. Suzi will probably tell you - they sat in the rotunda FOREVER waiting for me to finish up... I felt so badly!

IMG_0513.jpg

Once I was done with the business end of things... It was time for fun!! But first things first... I had to get rid of our bags! The girls and I were chatting with Suzi and clan in the rotunda, and I had a little tap on the shoulder... It was Tasha!!! Tasha is a Diser who I've become close to in the Aug FB group... I was super excited to meet her! Yay!!!!

OK - now back to the "getting rid of our bags" part... LOL

This is it! This is THAT moment... You know the one I am talking about - the one where you open your room door and you are finally HOME... The months and months of planning and ironing out the kinks - it's all there right in front of you - All the wonderful memories you are about to make... These pictures describe it perfectly...

DSC_0923.jpg

DSC_0922.jpg

DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0920.jpg

I am happy to say that our room looked exactly as we left it!

IMG_0514.jpg

I always take a picture of the clock as soon as we get to our room - so I know how much time it took to get from landing to our room... In this case - it was exactly 2 hours.

IMG_0515.jpg

And much to my surprise, we had a new fridge.

IMG_0516.jpg

Some room photos:

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

We unloaded our carry-on bags, the girls changed and we went immediately back down to the food court to get some lunch - we were starving!!!

When we got back down there - which was, at least, 20 minutes later... Suzi and clan were JUST getting their food. I was shocked and dismayed for them that they had to wait so long for their food...

We all ate lunch together! This whole time was just a blur, because I was still just all jitters from traveling, and I was having a hard time focusing on everything going on - but we had fun! And I really enjoyed having everyone there to greet us!

L to R: Bradey's arm, Suzi, Sara, Victoria & Tasha:

IMG_0519.jpg

At this point, I noticed that my phone was almost dead... So, I found a plug in and started charging while we ate... I honestly thought that someone would say something to me... but not one single person - including the CMs - batted an eye. Phew!

IMG_0521.jpg

I ordered a Shrimp Po'Boy for lunch... it was very good. Often times, when I order in Disney - I ask the CMs to surprise me and give me their favorite meal - I don't have any allergies and I like almost everything... I find this allows me to try some of the unique items that sometimes I wouldn't give a second thought to. And afterall, the CMs often times know what the tastiest items are... So, this Shrimp Po'Boy was one of those requests, and it was very good!

IMG_0520.jpg

Alli ordered a Caesar salad... And V ordered a Meatball Sub... Sorry - forgot to take pictures of those.

After lunch - Suzi and clan left to go about their day... Hugs were given all around.

Since Tasha was staying at FQ, we walked with her to her room to meet her dd - who is about my girls' age. They are both so sweet - and it was so fun having friends at the resort!

Then the girls and I went back to our room to see if our luggage had been delivered... Nope.

I tried to mess around with the thermostadt, because our room felt quite warm... I the process - I think I shut off the air. YIKES! So, I called maintenance... they were on their way "soon"... Rather than wait around - I just wrote a note and taped it on to our door, letting them know the problem, and to feel free to take care of it in our absense.

As I was writing the note, our bags came - WHOOT!!! By this time, it had been over 3 hours since we had landed, and I was starting to get a bit nervous. But everything made it, and most importantly - we had our custom head gear for our first night in MK! YAY!

For those of you that didn't follow my PTR... I had a good friend of mine make custom Ears, Headbands and shoe bling to coordinate with our bags... It was so much fun to be all Disney with our accessories. The "Ooohs and Ahhhs" were countless through out our trip... I honestly lost track with in the first hour we were in MK... Everyone loved them and wanted to know where they could get their own!

IMG_0522.jpg

Our first stop in MK was to redeem our PP+ voucher for a PP+ card.

While we were in there, we noticed it was only a 5 minute wait for Mickey - the Man Himself... Sure, why not? We had to let Mickey know we were here! So, we got in line...

Mickey LOVED our bling... He gushed over it for what seemed like forever! All of the CMs there with him did the same thing. I have some great Photopass pictures on my CD - but none to share at the moment. Sorry.

We tried for the princesses when we were done with Mickey, but it was a 55+ min wait... So, we grabbed FPs for later, with a return time of 6:35-7:35. Perfect... That was about the time I wanted to be out of MK that night, because we had a LONG day tomorrow!

We worked our way up Main Street, stopping for PP photos along the way. We were headed for Adventure Land and Dole Whips!

The Dole Whips were marvelous - but it was almost too hot to eat them, as they were very melty.

We decided we wanted to ride POTC... The wait time was posted 35 minutes - and we really debated it, but in the end, we decided to wait - as we didn't have a plan for this night, and we had nothing better to do than to enjoy being in MK... Besides, most of the que was indoors and air conditioned.

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

In actuality - the line moved very quickly and we were boarding our boat in about 15 minutes.

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

After POTC, we walked back to meet the Princesses... We had soooo many bag and headband compliments in this que from other guests and from the princesses... Again - it was just fantastic! It was definately $$ well spent on the head gear and time well spent on the bags - I am not sure I could ever go to Disney again with out all the fun accessories.

We took the bus from MK back to FQ for dinner... We stopped at our room to grab our mugs (which were RFID equipped and we didn't encounter any problems using them - however - almost every time we filled up, it was with water and not soda... We tried to avoid soda as much as we could this trip). While in our room - I had to coax V out of bed to eat dinner - she was tired already!

IMG_0538.jpg

We went back down to the FC to eat dinner...

D = Ribs/Chicken combo
V = Chicken Quesadilla
A = Chicken Nuggets/fries (which ended up being a 20 min wait! YIKES!)

Quesadilla:

IMG_0539.jpg

Cicken/Rib combo:

IMG_0540.jpg

While eating, we met CM Santos... Santos became a great friend to us during this trip... He came by our table and chatted for a while... He loved our Ears and Bags... He sang us a few songs... Some of them he had written himself - AMAZING TALENT right there! One of his songs was even about Wisconsin... C'mon... Wisconsin??? Seriously - if he can write a song about Wisconsin - surely he can write a song about Minnesota - right? So, I challenged him... I gave him 15 minutes to come back and sing us a song about MN... LOL And he did... We just loved Santos!!

IMG_0543.jpg

On the way back to our room - we heard the calming sound of the clip-clop of horse hooves... I just love this aspect of FQ...

IMG_0545.jpg

We were back to our room at 9pm. We had made the decision several weeks ago, that after our disorganization from our last trip - we needed to be much more organized this time around. To do that, we made the extra effort every night before we went to bed, to pick out our clothes for the next morning - and in my case, transfer bags the night before - so I didn't have to do it in the morning.

We were in bed at 10pm - exhausted. As I was laying there, reflecting upon our day... Something occurred to me... When I was texting Suzi earlier in the day... She was telling me about how they had just eaten at Columbia Harbor House and were on Main Street... It clicked in my head at that moment... There is NO WAY they were at CHH at the time she was texting me, the sneaky girl she is - she had to have been at FQ or close to it at that time... When she told me they were going to get a bite to eat at FQ after they had waited so long for me - it didn't even click, because I thought they had eaten at CHH... It wasn't until I was laying in bed - I realized the whole time I was checking in - they were sitting there waiting for me and STARVING. I am soooo sorry Suzi!!! But it was so wonderful to have you at FQ to welcome us to WDW!!!

Link to Day 2 Part A

D~

Oh D~...it sounds like you had an absolutely MARVELOUS first day!! That was so sweet of Suzi to surprise you for your arrival. What an awesome welcome to WDW!

I can absolutely see why you received so many compliments on your head gear, bags and accessories. :yay: Of course...I saw pics of them all on your PTR, but those pics really don't do them justice. Seeing you wearing the headbands and carrying the bags really just brings it all together! :thumbsup2 I have definitely added "Owning a D~ bag" to my bucket list. I just HAVE to have one!

I have never been to POFQ, but from the pictures you posted it looks like a nice resort. Definitely going to have to check it out.

OMG D! Why do I look irritated in that picture? LOL, I think I was concentrating on what Suzi was saying. I have been told I do that sometimes when I'm listening intently.:lmao:

I love the pic of Victoria knocked out on your first day. We did the same thing!:thumbsup2

Really, PAGE 4!!!

How could I be on page 4! ;)

It sounds like a great start to your trip. I am enjoying it so much!

Thanks for sharing!

Well, the first day sounds AWESOME!!! I am definitely gonna have to get me some of those ears.....can't remember, does she have an etsy page?

It's great that you got to start right off with dis friends.....I'm so glad I found this place!!!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!