Seven Dwarves Mine Train with incomplete FP+

jennynoel

IG: jennynoel
I am traveling to WDW with friends, and booked our fastpasses at 60 days out. The wrinkle is that for the first day - MK - they are getting tickets through my friend's work but they won't receive them until they are on site. (I have an AP.)

Our party is 3 adults & a 6 year old, plus two 2 year olds and an infant that are obviously not tall enough to ride Seven Dwarves.

I have a FP+ for Seven Dwarves, but couldn't add the rest of the party (adults and 6 year old) because they don't have tickets in the system for that day. I'm not holding my breath on getting day of FPs for it, obviously.

Are there ANY other options besides standby to allow us to ride together? Even if I can just take the 6 year old with me that would be great. I know that my friends won't want to wait in an 80+ minute standby line.

I'm hoping there is some pixie dust left somewhere to help me solve this problem!

I am traveling to WDW with friends, and booked our fastpasses at 60 days out. The wrinkle is that for the first day - MK - they are getting tickets through my friend's work but they won't receive them until they are on site. (I have an AP.)

Our party is 3 adults & a 6 year old, plus two 2 year olds and an infant that are obviously not tall enough to ride Seven Dwarves.

I have a FP+ for Seven Dwarves, but couldn't add the rest of the party (adults and 6 year old) because they don't have tickets in the system for that day. I'm not holding my breath on getting day of FPs for it, obviously.

Are there ANY other options besides standby to allow us to ride together? Even if I can just take the 6 year old with me that would be great. I know that my friends won't want to wait in an 80+ minute standby line.

I'm hoping there is some pixie dust left somewhere to help me solve this problem!
You can cancel a day of their FPs and book their MK FPs now. Try to Add Guest to each MK FP.

Then, when they receive the tickets upon arrival, link them and book that other park day. Stop by a ticket window so that the 1-day ticket is used prior to their other tickets.

You can cancel a day of their FPs and book their MK FPs now. Try to Add Guest to each MK FP.

Then, when they receive the tickets upon arrival, link them and book that other park day. Stop by a ticket window so that the 1-day ticket is used prior to their other tickets.

I totally should have done that at the 30 day mark but I didn't think of it. Now it's too late and there isn't availability to add anyone to that FP selection.

you can try refreshing the app the day of to see if you can find more FP or just rope dropping the ride might be your best bet.

Rope drop at opening (I mean be in line at the hub 30-45 minutes before stated opening time) and riding at closing are still viable options. You'll still need rider swap & you can still use your FP. Its dicier at closing because you can't cut it too close so 2nd group has time to ride. Otherwise you may have to let it go from the itinerary, its an overrated ride with overbloated wait times for a super short ride. No one would miss it in the grand scheme.

Would trying to get a PPO BOG ADR work with your plans? Some of your group could head to SDMT, others to Winnie the Pooh.

Rider swap is your best option. You can go up, show them you have the baby, a digital rider swap pass will be added to the two adults and the six year old. You ride it and then after you're done riding it, the other two adults and 6 year old can ride it with the rider swap pass and go through the FP line. As long as you don't mind riding alone, this is the best option.

You can ride during the fireworks.

If you don't want to miss the fireworks, sit on the bridge from the Hub to Tomorrowland and head to SDMT IMMEDIATELY after the fireworks.

Yes, that's my plan for now - ride alone and rider swap the other 3 on after. I'm stalking the app to try to add a second person to my FP (holding the spot with my mom's name since she also has an AP), so that I can swap one person in day of and we can go 2 and 2. So far no luck - but if I have to ride alone it's nbd. Thank you for the reassurance!

Rider swap is your best option. You can go up, show them you have the baby, a digital rider swap pass will be added to the two adults and the six year old. You ride it and then after you're done riding it, the other two adults and 6 year old can ride it with the rider swap pass and go through the FP line. As long as you don't mind riding alone, this is the best option.

My daughter pretty much hates fireworks so I have to get out of there before they start - but it's a good suggestion!

You can ride during the fireworks.

If you don't want to miss the fireworks, sit on the bridge from the Hub to Tomorrowland and head to SDMT IMMEDIATELY after the fireworks.

I agree about the wait times but not the ride. I think it's one of the best in all the parks. My friends have never been on it so they wouldn't miss it - but I definitely would!

Rope drop at opening (I mean be in line at the hub 30-45 minutes before stated opening time) and riding at closing are still viable options. You'll still need rider swap & you can still use your FP. Its dicier at closing because you can't cut it too close so 2nd group has time to ride. Otherwise you may have to let it go from the itinerary, its an overrated ride with overbloated wait times for a super short ride. No one would miss it in the grand scheme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter