Set time before a movie goes back into the vault?

Rhonna

DIS Veteran
Whenever they re-release a movie they immediately say "Get it now before it goes back into the vault." We know they don't do it immediately.

So is there any set rule of how long a movie is out before they return it to the vault?

Bambi just came out and they are immediately saying it is going back in, but of course they don't give a date.

I wanted to wait until fall to get several DVD's at the same time, through the disney movie club. Two I want are available now and two will be released in the fall. I would prefer to wait and get them all at once. Will Bambi be back in the vault that soon?

(Hate their stupid vault system to begin with.)

Thanks.

The system I have come to understand is Disney pretty much has number of prints they plan on doing for a specific title. Once those copies for each market are gone it is "back in the vault". I haven't personally heard about them revoking copies on a specific date. I can also tell you that you are more likely to find a copy of a vaulted movie on WDW property as well after it's pull-date.

I wish I could think of the titles off the top of my head but I know just a few days ago I saw two titles that have gone "into the vault" already. I know this doesn't help much on a date but my suggestion is if the titles you want are popular then they are more likely to run out of stock quicker. Hope I helped at least a little! haha

Actually, I've always seen disney set dates when particular movies are going back in the vault. They just don't tell us right when the movie is released exactly when the "back into the vault" date will be. They announce it later on. I just never paid attention as to whether they run for a set time frame, like say 3 months or 6 months or whatever.

Also, I doubt they are producing a set number of DVD's and then waiting for them to sell out. Because when they set a closing date, people are allowed to purchase up until that day. If it was a really popular movie, they are risking that it would be sold out before the vault date. Or on the reverse side, if it was not that popular and they set a vault date they would have a whole lot of them left unsold that they would have to unload somehow.

I've no doubt that at some point they will list a date that Bambi is going back into the vault. I just was hoping to be able to figure out a time frame now, before they make their official announcement. I wondered if anyone noticed a pattern of how many months a DVD is normally out of the vault before they put it back in?

Thanks.

* Well, did some more research and it sounds like they keep movies out of the vault for around 4-6 months. So I guess I've answered my own question and will probably need to buy a few DVD's now rather than wait. *

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter