September Souvie Update (9/21/17)

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
Just got to Disneyland Resort and went on a preliminary souvie hunt! There are so many things to look for...I only made it to Main Street, Frontierland, Adventureland, and NOS.

• Premium Mickey Pumpkin Popcorn Bucket ($15) is pretty readily available in DL. I saw it at both the Hub and Town Square.
  • Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket ($15) is only available at the NOS Popcorn cart in DL. He's the main premium Bucket in DCA, but be prepared for long lines. The BVS cart line stretched back to the Storytellers Statue. They can run out close to closing (Thu night, the cart by Soarin ran out about an hour before closing and BVS ran out about 15 minutes before closing).
  • AP Popcorn Bucket ($15, with valid AP) also seemed pretty readily available in DL. I saw it at the Hub and Town Square carts. I think Frontierland might also have had it (they had to round buckets, but no premium that I could see).
  • Round Bucket - DCA and DL have two different designs. The DL version features the Ducktale characters going trick or treating. The DCA version has The Headless Horseman with Oogie Boogie in the background.
20170921_221856_zps40oo6irg.jpg

• Mickey Pumpkin Bottle Topper ($5.50) seemed pretty readily available. You can buy them without a drink. They really are a bottle topper...they come with a long plastic straw and they're threaded, so they screw onto the drink bottle.
334ec635-c44a-4d13-8116-eb5e163516a2_zpszooyogxz.jpg

• Halloween Travel Mug - is also readily available in DL.
20170921_221957_zpsd8fm3q1p.jpg

• Poison Apple Stein looks the same from years past and is readily available in both parks. I saw it at the French Market, Mint Julep Bar, Clarabelle's, the MS Fruit Cart, etc.
  • I didn't see the Headless Horseman Light-Up souvie any of the places in DL or DCA. I don't know if they're really going to be a party exclusive (as the Parks Blog indicated) or if they haven't arrived yet.
  • I haven't had a chance to get to Carsland much, but I did see the Halloween Cones at the Cozy Cones.
  • Starbucks - DL has the new design, DCA still has the same old design.
  • Golden Horseshoe had the Maleficent Dragon sipper from several years ago.

Last edited:
By any chance have you seen the new Dooney Mouse Ears Crossbody bag anywhere in the parks?

I saw the red poison apple glow cube at the Mint Julep Bar. I feel like I saw it at least once more, but I'm drawing a blank at this moment (it might have been the Royal Street Veranda).

Sorry, I wasn't looking at the Dooney Bags, but I'll keep my eyes open. Is it the brown one with the Mickey ear hats design?

Update...
  • Oogie Boogie: it looks like they do restock the carts each day. They had them again in DCA today and at the NOS cart. That being said, the lines are long. The NOS cart line extended towards the train station and almost reached the entrance to the HMH FP distribution entrance (this was around 10 am).
  • Headless Horseman Glow Clip: Still no sign of it in DL or DCA.
  • Tire Pumpkin Glow Straw: No sign of it in Carsland.
  • Halloween Cozy Cone Sipper: available at (all?) the Cozy Cones.
  • Red and Blue Gas Can Sipper: Available in Flo's.

I saw the red poison apple glow cube at the Mint Julep Bar. I feel like I saw it at least once more, but I'm drawing a blank at this moment (it might have been the Royal Street Veranda).

Sorry, I wasn't looking at the Dooney Bags, but I'll keep my eyes open. Is it the brown one with the Mickey ear hats design?

Yes, that's the one. It's so cute. It's available online, but for something in that price range, I'd like to see it 'in person' before I buy it.

Thanks! If you happen to run across it, I'd appreciate it.

I asked them as well and they said to check back on Friday (today). No sign of them at tonight's party either. I'm guessing that means they've been delayed and they don't know when to expect them.

Last edited:
I finally got the Haul-O-Ween Cozy Cone Sipper cup...I now know what they did with the traffic cones when they rolled out the Oil Can Sippers...they saved them! The Halloween Cones are the same, they just come with a sheet of Haul-O-Ween stickers that you get to put on the cone (once it dries). So no two cones will be the same!

20170924_163554_zpsyy84vnwu.jpg

I saw them at the BatB shop in FL this morning, but the CM said they didn't have much left and would probably sell out in a few hours. I heard some else asking at the hat shop in Frontierland and that CM said the BatB store was the only one with stock left. They didn't know when the next shipment will be.

I don't recall seeing these ceramic Starbucks tumblers last month when the new YAH mugs debuted. They're only available at the Starbucks in DL (the CM at the Starbucks merchandise stand in DCA said they haven't been carrying the ceramic tumblers for a couple of months).

20170924_231756_zps6hicxnon.jpg

A few random follow-up thoughts/observations...
  • StormyCA: I did not look at every location where Dooney & Burke bags are sold, but I did not see the brown bag at the Clothier shop on Main Street, in Elias & Co, or World of Disney.
  • They still had all of the souvie items, except the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket on Monday (my last day). The lack of an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket really impacted the popcorn stand lines; the NOS line was only one or two guests long when they didn't have that bucket!
  • The Poison Apple steins were readily available in both parks with a wide assortment of items (so the price varies depending on whether you get it with a piece of fruit or an ice cream sundae).
  • The Headless Horseman and Pumpkin Tire Glow Straw Clips were still unavailable. No one knew anything about when to expect them.
  • I did notice that at times souvie items sold out late in the evening (i.e., near closing time), but were usually replenished by the next morning. Still, if it is something you know you want, I would pick it up during the day and not wait until the very end.

I get the feeling that those Rose Gold Minnie earbands are one of those things that come in at unexpected times and sell out very quickly. Why is it, when you don't want something, you seems to find it, but when you want it, you can't find it? I've run across those earbands twice (both times at the BatB shop in Fantasyland), but I didn't want one whereas I really wanted the Headless Horseman Glow Clip and that's no where to be found! Anyway, it seems like the earband supplies only last a few days at most.

The YAH mugs were gone when we went over 9/16 and 9/17. I love those new tumblers!!! I'm hoping to snag both when I'm there in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter