• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September DREAM cruisers, post your GTY assignments here!

Lisa Lisa

DIS Veteran
I see that some of my fellow 9/1/13 cruisers have received their assignments! I thought Id start a new thread since so many of us booked GTY with DCLs special pricing for September sailings on the Dream. Please provide the following information in your reply:

1. What is your sail date?
2. Which GTY category did you book?
3. When did you book the cruise?
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)?
5. Are you happy with your assignment?
6. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned?

ETA sail date.

OMG I'm about to sound so stupid but here goes....What does GTY mean? :confused3

When almost all the rooms in a category have been booked, DCL will sometimes allow people to continue booking that category GTY or guarantee status. They are guaranteed a room in the category they booked or better, but they are not able to choose the exact room they want. People who book a specific category GTY generally pay the same price as those who chose a specific room, and all the same rules apply.

For late August and September cruises on the Dream, DCL continued to offer categories 11C, 9D, and 7A GTY off an on for months, leading many of us to believe that they are intentionally overbooking those categories. If that's the case, lots of people on these cruises should be upgraded to higher categories. We shall see!

When almost all the rooms in a category have been booked, DCL will sometimes allow people to continue booking that category GTY or guarantee status. They are guaranteed a room in the category they booked or better, but they are not able to choose the exact room they want. People who book a specific category GTY generally pay the same price as those who chose a specific room, and all the same rules apply.

For late August and September cruises on the Dream, DCL continued to offer categories 11C, 9D, and 7A GTY off an on for months, leading many of us to believe that they are intentionally overbooking those categories. If that's the case, lots of people on these cruises should be upgraded to higher categories. We shall see!

Cool! Thanks Lisa.

1. What is your sail date? 9/01/2013
2. Which GTY category did you book? 11c
3. When did you book the cruise? 1/2013
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 11a
5. Are you happy with your assignment? Yes
6. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? Wednesday morning

Still waiting on our second room....a cat 7a

1. What is your sail date? Sept 1
2. Which GTY category did you book? Initially 9D then upgraded to 7A
3. When did you book the cruise?Feb 2013, upgraded June
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)?Assigned 7A 8674
5. Are you happy with your assignment?Yes, but was hoping for a category 5, noticed some others who booked 7A were moved up to 5
6. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?53
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned?Wed morning

1. What is your sail date? 9/01/2013
2. Which GTY category did you book? 11c
3. When did you book the cruise? 2/2013
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 11C
5. Are you happy with your assignment? It's ok, I'm excited for the Virtual Porthole, just not happy about the one bathroom but I'm on the Disney Cruise so that's great !!!
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? Wed a.m.

Does that mean that even though I have received my room assignment that I could still be upgraded in the future?

1. What is your sail date? 9/1/13
2. Which GTY category did you book? 7A
3. When did you book the cruise? 1/6/13
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 5A, room # 9066
5. Are you happy with your assignment? Yes!
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? Wed afternoon between 2:30 and 3:20

Does that mean that even though I have received my room assignment that I could still be upgraded in the future?

I think it's unusual to be upgraded once your room has been assigned, but I have read of it happening to others on the DIS boards.

3. When did you book the cruise? 3/18/13
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 5A 10646
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? Wed at around 2:30pm EST.

1. What is your sail date? 9/8/2013
2. Which GTY category did you book? 9D
3. When did you book the cruise? May 2013
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 9A, deck 8
5. Are you happy with your assignment? Yup :)
6. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 55
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? Monday around 3 pm

2. Which GTY category did you book? 6B
3. When did you book the cruise? June 2013
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 5A, deck 10
5. Are you happy with your assignment? Yup
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? Monday around 3 pm eastern time

2. Which GTY category did you book? 7a
3. When did you book the cruise? June
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 5C deck 7 midship
5. Are you happy with your assignment? yes.
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? Monday not sure about time.

I see that some of my fellow 9/1/13 cruisers have received their assignments! I thought Id start a new thread since so many of us booked GTY with DCLs special pricing for September sailings on the Dream. Please provide the following information in your reply:

1. What is your sail date?9/8/13
2. Which GTY category did you book? 7a
3. When did you book the cruise? March 2013
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 4e 5158
5. Are you happy with your assignment? yes
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? Monday don't know time:)

ETA sail date.

From what I read it is a good upgrade.
Lori

1. What is your sail date? 9/8/13
2. Which GTY category did you book? 6A
3. When did you book the cruise? 7/8/13
4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 4E
6. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54
7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? We were assigned today...Tuesday, 7/16/13.

This September is our fist cruise getting a gty room. Just wondering if anyone else has recieved their assignment yet?

This September is our fist cruise getting a gty room. Just wondering if anyone else has recieved their assignment yet?

I was wondering the same thing. The sept 12,15,19 sailings should be getting their gty assignments. Eeeekkkkk we sail the 22 of sept. hope to have our room the 29 of this month.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm pretty sure I already filled this out on another thread. We seem to have several going about this topic right now. I actually think I already did it TWICE, lol! Here it is again for this thread:

3. When did you book the cruise? 2/8/13

4. What category were you assigned (room # optional)? 5A #9014

5. Are you happy with your assignment? Yep :)

7. On what day of the week and at approximately what time was your cabin assigned? I think it was a Tuesday afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter