September, Better week, easier to book?

snowiit

DIS Veteran
We would like to go in Sept 2010 for our next trip. Thinking of different dates and wanted your opinion. First would be Sept. 8th - 17th. This would start 2 days after Labor day. Will the rest of the week be crowded? the second dates would be Sept. 15 -24th. and the third choice would be Sept 22nd - Oct 1st. I am going to try for a 2 bedroom for 4 nights at OKW and 5 nights at BLT in a ded 2 bedroom standard view for 5. Opinions?? thanks for the help!

Nancy
:surfweb:

September is one of the easier months to book at 7 months. It tends to fill quite a bit more slowly than most other months. Labor Day isn't as busy as one might think and any "crowds" tend disappear right after the Holiday itself

I honestly do not think the trip dates you listed will be significantly different from each other regarding park crowds or ease of DVC booking. Pick the one that works best for your schedule and be sure to make your ADRs before WDW announces any free dining promotions for that time (if you can).

BLT standard view may be tough, though, even in September. You might try to get it for the first set of dates, then the others if you don't get it for the first set or if you prefer the other dates. A waitlist initiated at 7 months for September dates has a good chance of working.

Good luck!

Our last two trips have been in September. We were in a 2bd at BCV (our home resort) in the last week of Sept 2008. Then we stayed in a studio at BLT right after labor day. We checked in on Labor day and left on Sat. BLT was pretty empty as far as we could tell (pool, community hall, bus stops) were all uncrowded. I agree that any of the dates would be comparable. We did not book at 7 months for BLT because the resort wasn't open until August of 2009 and there was a special day for non-home resort bookings. I called early that day and got a standard view studio without waitlisting.
A couple of things to think about...The weather should get less hot as the month goes on. (Obvious, I know!) The labor day week was not too bad, but we live in TN and are used to 90 degree weather. You also might want to try the Food and Wine Festival that starts at the end of September/early Oct. We have enjoyed it during our October stays. Good luck in whatever you decide and I know you will have a blast. We are planning on moving our Oct 2010 reservation to BLT if we can because we loved the resort.

Thanks for the advice! We actually just got back from an early Dec trip where we stayed at BCV (home resort) and BLT. Loved BLT. We want to have a more leisurly stay that's why we are going to do the 4 nights at OKw and then the 5 at BLT. I am hoping that when we go the weather will still be nice enough for a couple of pool days. I think we are going to try for the Sept 15th to the 24th...... would love any other opinions. Thanks!

Nancy:surfweb:

The dates surrounding Labor Day can be difficult to book, as well as later in September when you have both Food and Wine as well as the DVC Member Cruise which both attract many visitors as well.

Planning ahead and being flexible with Resort and room type will help ensure you are able to book something with your date selections..

Thanks for the advice! We actually just got back from an early Dec trip where we stayed at BCV (home resort) and BLT. Loved BLT. We want to have a more leisurly stay that's why we are going to do the 4 nights at OKw and then the 5 at BLT. I am hoping that when we go the weather will still be nice enough for a couple of pool days. I think we are going to try for the Sept 15th to the 24th...... would love any other opinions. Thanks!

Mid to late September is my favorite time for WDW! In fact we are getting married there during that week (Sept 22, tentatively)....I find it less rainy than August, and the crowd level so much lower! It's still nice and hot so lots of good pool time, but most of the kids have just gone back to school so it seems to slow down nicely. We have been earlier in September as well, which is still pretty decent. I also find it fairly easy to get the ADRs that I want that week.

This is my first time booking DVC in September, so I can't comment on how easy/difficult it is to book....hopefully as previous posters have alluded to it's fairly easy as I am trying to book a 2 bdrm at BWV (at 7 months) for the trip (with 2 nights at our "home resort" of BLT for the night before and night of the wedding which is already booked)!

Good luck deciding! If you see a crazy bride waiting for the monorail on Sept 22, it's probably me (lol - I'm a bit unconventional - lettig my guests take the limo so I can ride the monorail).

Can't say for the second choice, but the week after Labor Day was great for us. We used to go during that time frame before children were old enough school (7,5). It was hot, but little crowds.

We went to Disney this past September 10-16th. We had just bought a couple of contracts resale, and did not have any points in the system until the 1st week of August. I was able to book a one bedroom at BWV for the whole trip, only 6 weeks out. There was also availability at other resorts, but we prefer the EPCOT area. We are planning on another Sept trip this year - we love the Halloween party.

We stayed in the THV from Sept. 6-11(Labor Day was the 7th). There were no crowds to speak of. It was walk right on to all attractions with the exception of Soarin' which had about a 15 min. wait. It was very, very hot but we never had to be out in it long since we were able to go from attraction to attraction and get right on. Have a blast! :goodvibes

In 2008 we stayed at BCV for 8 nihgts checking in the Sunday b4 labor day. It was great! (We booked a 1 BR at the 5 month mark) By Tuesday of the week the Parks were dead! I would go back that week again! I have also been to SSR last week of September (during F&W). Parks were busier but I wouldn't say busy. That was a late booking (4 months out) and we were lucky to even find a room anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter