September Availability

WDWNY

DIS Veteran
Is there something going on September 20-24th?
We have our room booked, but our family friends are considering coming as well. We just checked the hotel availability and theres no deluxe resorts available unless you get a 1bedroom+.

Food & Wine starts the end of August so lots more guests are booking earlier. And I think there is free dining in Sept, but not October.

You might even have them check Expedia and other travel sites to see if they have anything.

Is there something going on September 20-24th?
We have our room booked, but our family friends are considering coming as well. We just checked the hotel availability and theres no deluxe resorts available unless you get a 1bedroom+.
There are standard rooms available at almost every deluxe resort for your dates. I just checked the Disney website for you & figured out the problem. When you search, it defaults to one of the "special offers", & few of those have many available rooms, so it's making it look like there is no availability at the deluxes.

They do have plenty of regular rate offers at the deluxes, though. To find these, go back & put in your dates for one resort, such as Animal Kingdom Lodge. When the result comes up, you'll notice that where it says "X number of offers matches your search", the green button will be on some sort of special offer. Then you'll notice that there are multiple special offers for the period you're searching for. Move the green button over to either "Room Only" or "Package", and the search results will update. You'll see a lot more availability, including standard rooms. Then if you want to look at other resorts, click on "Search All Resorts", so you can see the regular offerings for all the resorts.

Last edited:
There are standard rooms available at almost every deluxe resort for your dates. I just checked the Disney website for you & figured out the problem. When you search, it defaults to one of the "special offers", & few of those have many available rooms, so it's making it look like there is no availability at the deluxes.

They do have plenty of regular rate offers at the deluxes, though. To find these, go back & put in your dates for one resort, such as Animal Kingdom Lodge. When the result comes up, you'll notice that where it says "X number of offers matches your search", the green button will be on some sort of special offer. Then you'll notice that there are multiple special offers for the period you're searching for. Move the green button over to either "Room Only" or "Package", and the search results will update. You'll see a lot more availability, including standard rooms. Then if you want to look at other resorts, click on "Search All Resorts", so you can see the regular offerings for all the resorts.
YES! Thank you! I thought that was the issue and played around with it for 20 minutes or so and couldn't figure it out. The Poly seems to be booked out though, too bad it wouldve been nice to be at the same resort! But at least I know there are other options! Thanks again!

Rosh Hashanah is September 20, 21 - meaning many schools are closed (at least here in NY). So, 4-day weekend and lots of families take advantage and go to WDW. We used to do it often when our kids were younger.

Rosh Hashanah is September 20, 21 - meaning many schools are closed (at least here in NY). So, 4-day weekend and lots of families take advantage and go to WDW. We used to do it often when our kids were younger.
We're from NYC so thats why we're going then :) I don't think most people have off though, I know my friends upstate and out of state don't get off. They're usually surprised and confused lol

We had to rebook from the 3rd week of September to the 2nd. I couldn't find availability on the Disney site but our travel agent was able to book a room for us. Might be worth a call to an agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter