September and what to wear??

disneychard

Mouseketeer
We are going the first time the end of September, What should I pack? shorts, tanks, etc., How is the weather? We always go in July and I knew to throw in the suitcase shorts and tank tops.

:):):)

When I was there in September 08 it was hotter than Hades. cotton tanks and shorts are your best bet, plus order water from garden grocer, and bring a baseball hat, your gonna need it!

I'd say mainly shorts and tshirts, but be prepared for any kind of weather! Pack at least one pair of long pants, a sweatshirt, and some sneakers and warm socks!

Here's what happened to me. I was at WDW for 11 days last October, and the weather went from record-hot (90+ for several days) to record-cold (50s and very windy). I had only looked at the forecast for the first week, so I packed almost all shorts, tank tops, and sandals. I had one pair of long pants, one sweatshirt, and no warm socks. I was so freezing one night at Epcot that I went on a frantic search for warm socks (my legs were freezing, even with long pants, because it was so windy). I finally found one pair of socks at the Japan pavilion - calf-length socks that cost $12!! But I was so happy to find them, I didn't even care that they were meant to be worn with Japanese-style shoes (the kind that are like flip flops, with a divider between your toes!). Never wore those socks again, but was so glad to have them at the time!

So lesson learned. From this point forward, I'll always bring a couple of warm layers, including knee socks, sneakers, long pants, a warm jacket, and even gloves. It's hard to find that stuff when you need it, and if you're lucky enough to find it, it will be expensive!!

We were there that time last year and it was HOT and humid!! Especially walking around in the sun makes it feel even hotter. I live a little over an hour from Orlando and hot humid weather is typical of that time of year.

That being said, like pp said, and include a couple layering items. Have fun on your trip! We will be there in Sept as well. :))

We went the last 2 years during the last week or so of Sept. We never encountered anything cool except in the air conditioned restaurants and rides. It was between 85 and 90 everyday. Pack like it's July! ;)

We went the last 2 years during the last week or so of Sept. We never encountered anything cool except in the air conditioned restaurants and rides. It was between 85 and 90 everyday. Pack like it's July! ;)
I have to agree with bringing a few warm things. We went at the end of Sept in 08, and every day was hot enough to fry an egg. However there was a couple of nights where the breeze was a little cool for me. We always carried a sweater for the restaurants and busses. Some of them are ffrreezziinngg :scared1: If you sit at the very back row of the bus, you can see the thermostat reading behind the seat. I remember one of them read 54 degrees. Wow that was a cold ride :eek:

There's no chance of seeing any kind of cool down until possibly mid to late October,September is still crazy hot and humid.

I have lived in South Florida for over 30 years and I can tell you it is very hot. In South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale), we have the luxury of getting an ocean breeze. In Orlando not so much and that's when the heat index and the humidity comes in and at times records temperatures. At the end of September, it starts to cools down just a little at night. I would not bring very much warm clothes though. Tank tops, shorts, and comfortable sneakers should do the trick. Hope this info helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter