September 2022 DisneyFit Exercise Challenge

+30 minutes of PT. I've officially been told that I need to find a low-impact cardio activity that isn't running or walking. So maybe it's time to start swimming again? I'm gonna be honest with y'all, doesn't matter what the PT says, I'll still be walking when I go home at the end of the month.

Raya 168/500 - 33%

I've been slacking the past two days, so no minutes for me! And now we're entering our 85th summer of the year (JK) with temps heading back up close to 100, so after today I'm going to find motivation to move very difficult! Wish I had access to the pools I've been posting. Ha!

About Run Disney - I started running back in 2000 because of the Disney Marathon. My mom was a distance runner who wanted to run the marathon for her 40th. I ended up running as her partner. My training was pretty awful, but in the end we finished the 1/2. That sense of accomplishment was amazing. I was hooked. Unfortunately, running didn't work great for me and I ended up with a series of injuries, PT, and basically not having fun. I was still dealing with PF in both feet when I went for my next Disney 1/2 in 2004. I finished but it was a mess.

My training was on point for Tower of Terror 10 miler in 2012, but race day conditions were awful. Extreme heat and wind made it an experience I'd rather forget. It's why I switched to virtual runs. I've done a few nice long geeky runs (50 miles for 50 years of Dr. Who that sort of thing). My Disney Virtual were the Star Wars half and the Haunted Mansion 5K.
View attachment 702268
Honestly the Disney runs are all about the bling for me.

43 minutes on the treadmill this morning. The new PT says my stride is wrong, and the new stride he suggests feels funky. Sigh. But got it done, and that's what matters.

Raya 138/500 - 27%
Love the bling and your experiences with the races! Thanks for sharing!!!

+30 minutes of PT. I've officially been told that I need to find a low-impact cardio activity that isn't running or walking. So maybe it's time to start swimming again? I'm gonna be honest with y'all, doesn't matter what the PT says, I'll still be walking when I go home at the end of the month.

Raya 168/500 - 33%
I don't blame you! I would, too! Just try to build in some rests and bring some epsom salts if your room has a tub.

That walk in the park on Friday turned out to be a mistake. My allergies activated and made me feel sick again for the weekend. Whoops. +20 minutes from Monday and +30 from Tuesday. I'm really struggling to get back into the swing of things! 😭

160/700

Popping back in to add 40 minutes today from a walk outside. I made sure to take my allergy pill this time, so hopefully I don't end up feeling sick again! 🤞

200/700

Also, that article about the pools on the Wish really made me so envious! I'd love to relax poolside with an order of nachos and a fancy lemonade. When was the last time I experienced such leisure and luxury?
Not loving your allergy discomfort, but I agree with you on the pools and the treats! That would be great right now!

165 minutes - horses

995/1800

And, I just signed up for my first runDisney event - the virtual Princess 5K in Feb 2023. I'm super excited! I wish I felt confident enough to sign up for the Fairy Tale Challenge, too, but hopefully I'll work up to that one day. I might also sign up for the virtual marathon 5K since it takes place a few days after a major milestone bday of mine. It might make me feel better if I do something like that right around that time. Lol!

165 minutes - horses

995/1800

And, I just signed up for my first runDisney event - the virtual Princess 5K in Feb 2023. I'm super excited! I wish I felt confident enough to sign up for the Fairy Tale Challenge, too, but hopefully I'll work up to that one day. I might also sign up for the virtual marathon 5K since it takes place a few days after a major milestone bday of mine. It might make me feel better if I do something like that right around that time. Lol!
Just going to mention that virtual marathons and half marys don't have to be run at one time. A lot of Disney runs break up the race into a few days. ;)

Prefer to fulfill your activity needs indoors? Disney has you covered with its many fitness centers across its global collection of properties. Here is a very small sampling:

1663702415163.png
Sequoia Lodge's Fitness Centre at Disneyland Paris

1663702397374.png
Shanghai Disneyland Hotel's fitness center

1663703595740.png
Aulani's Mikimiki Fitness Center

1663703811047.png

The entrance to Boardwalk's Muscles and Bustles Fitness Center at WDW (I've always loved the name of and logo for this one!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter