• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2019 Free Dining: How will this effect DVC Availability?

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Noticed that the September 2019 Free Dining Offer just announced includes many Villa Resorts.
Curious, how will this effect reservation bookings/availability for September 2019 for those DVC members wanting to switch at 7 months since based upon 2018 these dates will fall ito F&W? Or are these separate rooms that are not allocated to DVC anyway that would typically be in DVC inventory?:confused3 Also, I would imagine that September restaurant availability will also be effected.:eek::scratchin
Thanks!

DVC inventory is separate from "cash" room inventory, so it won't have an effect on DVC availability. It *might* make booking ADRs tight but I've traveled during free dining offer periods and had little issue getting the reservations I wanted as a non-dining plan person.

Sep DVC availability will not be impacted by free-dining for Disney rentals. Disney has done free dining in Sep for a number of prior years and it usually included whatever DVC room inventory Disney (not members) was entitled to, and it had no impact on DVC member availability. What could effect availability at 7 months out is a Moonlight Magic night at one of the theme parks announced more than 7 months out. What can happen then is that the single night in Sep might get filled at many places quickly via those members close enough to drive. The only MM night announced for Sep thus far is Sep 18 for Typhoon Lagoon and a "pool" night is not likely to get anywhere near the same kind of demand as a park night.

Last edited:
Thanks, good to know, switching exactly at 7 months during F&W months has become difficult enough!:eek:

Generally we’ll start seeing post from folks asking if they can get free dining if the rent dvc points.....or similar related posts. But don’t believe it affects availability for their than it discourages people from renting maybe. I never got into the free dining frenzy, but probably because my husband was a CM before we were dvc members, so booked our rooms with a cm discount back in the day.

Which resorts are included in FD? Is it really worth it at rack rate?
Free Disney Dining Plan Resorts
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Free Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan Resorts
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
  • Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
I haven't seen the value in the *free* dining promotions for many years. But a lot of people lose their collective minds when they see the word "free". They will ignore the room-only discounts vs. rack rates and just base their savings on what the dining plan would have cost them. Some people do save money but once you get to the deluxe resorts and deluxe villas, any savings pretty much disappear.

Remember, you pay full price for your room and also have to purchase tickets for everyone as part of the package. Remember tickets now expire so check all the fine print on the tickets.

No CC Cabins, no Polynesian Bungalows, no Grand Villas.

I did a comparison for July. Polynesian Standard studio for $585 a night plus park hopper tickets = free dining. Or 23 points, pay for dining. Hmmm.....

Or you can book SSR standard for 14 points per night, rent 9 points at $15 to get $135 and use those for food. When comparing to the most costly resorts, SSR comes with a form of free dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter