The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

I know for the MVMCP, they would allow you in at 4PM and if you did not have a ticket, they would corral you out starting at 7PM. They would walk around checking the special wrist bands they would pass out. If you came in at 4PM using your Party Ticket, they would give you the wrist band. If you came in earlier, you would have to either go to a specified "Location" to get your band or some CM's who were checking, I believe, had them and if you had a ticket, they would give you the band.

Well we are planning a trip over the weekend to go look at a couple of new 5th wheels, once again. Not sure we are completely in the market yet, but one never knows. It would be our last one, so it has to be the right one.

Well we are planning a trip over the weekend to go look at a couple of new 5th wheels, once again. Not sure we are completely in the market yet, but one never knows. It would be our last one, so it has to be the right one.
I would so love to move to a 5er, although I am still in sticker shock for paying of my truck. You'd think that would have worn off by now (3 years into payments on it.) but, alas.... it has not! :mad:

Oh well... Life goes on. I hope you do find the right one for you and the misses. :)

I am still in sticker shock for paying of my truck. You'd think that would have worn off by now (3 years into payments on it.) but, alas.... it has not! :mad:
I don't think it wears off until it is paid off. Thankfully, I paid mine off late last year. Instead of enjoying the extra $600 a month, I went out and bought another car. This one is silly fun though compared to the pure utility of the truck.

j

I didn't realize MNSSHP would be going on when we originally booked for September. (Actually starts in August this year) I've never been and no one in our group is a big Halloween person. Other than the 7pm-MN park access and a special parade and light show, is it worth the $$?

And how decorated will the Fort be in mid-September? I do have some Halloween decorations I can bring down.

j
Jim in 2011 Sept. 6 x 19 we made my DW's first ever visit To WWDW we were in cabin that trip. Some of the Longer term residents had Halloween had decorations up as did some others. If it is appropriate I say go for it.

So we packed up and took a trip to the RV dealer......and well did some looking.....

20170513_164848.jpeg

20170513_164827.jpeg

And there is the DW exiting our new fifth wheel, a Sandpiper 379 FLOK. Thankfully we have a premium booked for the Fort, so no need to worry about reservations there. Now just to check and make sure the site at GSP will be long enough to hold us. She is a bit longer than our TT. Have to empty the TT and get ready to pick up the new one in a couple weeks, had a few minor PDI things to take care of before it comes home.

Chris, we love you new camper and floor plan. Here is wishing many, many, fun camping trips. We had a sandpiper a few years back, and loved it. Enjoy.

Very nice. Can't wait to see it in September.

Did you look at the Chaparral too. Or was this love at first sight?

j

Very nice. Can't wait to see it in September.

Did you look at the Chaparral too. Or was this love at first sight?

j

We had looked at the Chaparral also back in Sept. Yesterday we did not as this dealer did not carry them. We looked at the LOK model also with the middle bunk room and a loft. We decided that daily life storage was more important than the bunks for the nephews as they only camp with us once maybe twice a year. They are young and can fit comfortably on the couches in the living room. We also really liked the idea of the rear bedroom in a trailer. Tired of hitting my head off the cabinets when I wake in our current TT.

this is my current in bed system, looking to add the BW patriot 18K so I am ready to tow, looking at all their pictures, looks like I would be ok to go ahead and order one with the rails I have.
20170514_075735.jpeg

20170514_075747.jpeg

She's a big beauty, PaHunter. I hope you get lots of use out of it especially at Gulf and the Fort. Bama Ed

If he shows up at the Gulf in that thing he is officially on "party" detail. Man, that is a good looking layout there. I wouldn't be able to convince my wife to like it as long as the kids are going with us because she feels they need their own room. We could bet the whole gang in that living room area.

If he shows up at the Gulf in that thing he is officially on "party" detail. Man, that is a good looking layout there. I wouldn't be able to convince my wife to like it as long as the kids are going with us because she feels they need their own room. We could bet the whole gang in that living room area.

Well it will not make the trip to the Gulf this year, nor will we. But 2018, lookout......although I do have to check the site size that we reserved to make sure we will now fit. Also have to call Dis reservations to update our RV information so they can make sure to get us in the appropriate sized site in Sept.

I looked at your length which shows 42' which means you'll fit just fine. SouthAlabama5ers rig from last year I believe is 43' and he had plenty of room to spare as did Teamubr. The sites at GSP are pretty lengthy as a whole.

and well did some looking
Hmmm.... LOOKING???:rolleyes:

Seems to me you did some "Buying". I guess you WERE in the market! :D I guess that's part of the reason I don't go looking right now.... I am afraid I might do the same thing. Plus, my rig isn't set up for a 5er so that would be a whole other cost that I would have to figure on. Plus I am only an F-250 (Gas) so I think I am capped at about 15K on the 5er Towing weight which is probably smaller then we would want.

Congratulations! Only 6 slide outs? LOL
That was my exact thought too.... Need to turn on the generator just to extend/retract all them slides.... :lmao:

Last edited:
Hmmm.... LOOKING???:rolleyes:

Seems to me you did some "Buying". I guess you WERE in the market! :D I guess that's part of the reason I don't go looking right now.... I am afraid I might do the same thing. Plus, my rig isn't set up for a 5er so that would be a whole other cost that I would have to figure on. Plus I am only an F-250 (Gas) so I think I am capped at about 15K on the 5er Towing weight which is probably smaller then we would want.

That was my exact thought too.... Need to turn on the generator just to extend/retract all them slides.... :lmao"

There I was in the middle of the parking lot surrounded....by 5er's and TT's and pop ups.... there was nothing left that I could do.
Paul, yes we had hoped to just look. We really like the unit, got a good deal, and of course have the tow vehicle for it. The GVWR on the trailer is 15500, so just south of the 16k mark.
And the slides are not all electric, only the front two are. The rear four are hydraulic and come out in sequence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter