September 18-Oct 2 Resort Availability - Crazy busy or limited occupancy?

Cjohnston

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I’m an eager Canadian hoping to make the trek to Disney World the last two weeks of September 2021.

When looking for resorts there is literally nothing available (not willing to pay $1700 at the GF).

Does anyone have any insight into whether it’s just literally booked solid or if Disney not yet booking to full capacity and availability might still open?

Also… I was hoping to take the strategy of doing Disney the the first half of our trip (Sept 18-25) and then go do other Florida things the following week (avoiding being in Orlando for the week of the actual anniversary)? But there seems to be more hotel availability Sept 25-Oct 2. Is there something going on from Sept 18-25 that is making it busier than Sept 25-Oct 2?Could there be a lull before the Oct 1 storm?

I’ve planned Disney many times before and it’s like a twilight zone this year 😩

Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
A Canadian missing home 😢

If you're planning to have a vehicle, I would 100% stay offsite. We are also Canadian and renting a house at Windsor Hills for our next trip.

I just booked a trip for September 9 - 12 and couldn't get a Disney Resort. I ended up booking Hilton Bonnet Creek in Disney Springs.

People who had tickets impacted by the closure received an extension on those tickets thru 9/26/2021 - so many booked late Sept. to use those tickets and hopeful of some early anniversary.

Also there are still closed resorts which limits onsite availability.

I think your search is auto-checking for the "save 25% off promotion" (which is annoying that it does this). As a quick example, I see the art of animation has suites available for the regular price, but when you click over to the save 25% it shows nothing available. Removing the discount, I see Fort Wilderness and AOA, but also some cash DVC rooms.

There are still some availabilities. If you're not familiar with how the website works, it's only showing you promotional pricing. To see rack rate hotels and packages, you search as normal, click one of the options (eg. the Grand Floridian is available), then click "Package" (which is next to "Special Offers" underneath the blue bar). It'll reload the page. Then in the blue bar, you're going to click "Change", click "All Resort Hotels", scroll all the way up to select "All Resort Hotels" and then click "Find a Room". It'll reload and show you the available rack rate room packages. Currently the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, AOA suites, and Kidani Village are also available, which are at least cheaper than the GF.

But yeah, my dates are the 17th-26th. I know the feeling. Swan Dolphin booked up in that timeframe long before Disney did. Logically, I know school is in session and the weather will be horrible, but it still looks like it's going to be abnormally busy.

Also, around 60 days before I'd expect some reservations to open up when the bill is due.
Thanks!! I think swan is booked because of a conference during my week … some may release later in the summer. We love the swan.

I think your search is auto-checking for the "save 25% off promotion" (which is annoying that it does this). As a quick example, I see the art of animation has suites available for the regular price, but when you click over to the save 25% it shows nothing available. Removing the discount, I see Fort Wilderness and AOA, but also some cash DVC rooms.
Thank you!

I just booked a trip for September 9 - 12 and couldn't get a Disney Resort. I ended up booking Hilton Bonnet Creek in Disney Springs.
There are two Hiltons in the Disney Springs area; the Hilton Bonnet Creek isn't one of them. It's in the Bonnet Creek area. The Hiltons in the Disney Springs area are the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. If you chose the Hilton Bonnet Creek because you thought it was walking distance to Disney Springs, you might want to consider changing your reservation (assuming it is refundable). If you chose it for other reasons, I've heard it's a very nice hotel, so you may be happy to stay there.

There are two Hiltons in the Disney Springs area; the Hilton Bonnet Creek isn't one of them. It's in the Bonnet Creek area. The Hiltons in the Disney Springs area are the Hilton Buena Vista Palace and the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. If you chose the Hilton Bonnet Creek because you thought it was walking distance to Disney Springs, you might want to consider changing your reservation (assuming it is refundable). If you chose it for other reasons, I've heard it's a very nice hotel, so you may be happy to stay there.
Thank you! I chose it for the pool since we are doing an entire pool day. I think it is about two miles from Disney springs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter