September 11th effects HHN

chris mcfly

Mouseketeer
Well, the unavoidable has happened. The marketing and advertising has changed for HHN this year.. for example, "Goriest, Bloodiest" has been replaced with "Creepiest, ghostliest, ghastliest".

The name of the Maze "TerrorLand" has been changed to "Scary Tales".

Festival of the Dead parade is now "Nightmares on Parade"

Bloodbath Underground Nightclub is now "The Ooze Zone Fright Club"

Deadly D'Illusions show is now "Dangerous D'ilusions"

As you can see, every reference to death, carnage, blood, or gore has now been changed. This is really disappointing. The flair that makes HHN what it is is now turning not-so-scary. Ugh, I don't wanna talk about it any more.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Also, the Jack/Eddie background storyline was removed from the website, and now has no references to clowns at all.

I agree with you. I believe the American people are quite able to discern fact from fiction, and grown-up enough to handle Halloween. There is a line between being cautious and letting terrorism take effect in every aspect of our lives. I will not allow them to win, personally. A lot of people look forward to this event all year long and we owe the best experience possible to them. I like to think the people who are no longer with us would want us to go on participating in what made this the greatest country in the world, and not lie down and become what our enemies want us to become: beaten and afraid.

Is anyone else with me?

I know this is becoming cliche, and we have heard it a hundred times already, but: By censoring ourselves and changing the way we live, we are doing exactly what "they" wanted to happen. The stock market closed, sports virtually ceased, etc. The country cannot shut down!

And yes, people look forward to this event all year. Yesterday, a lady purchased 40 tickets to HHN for her and her family: Thats 4 tickets to go on 10 seperate nights with her husband and two daughters. That is a LOT of money to spend, and I am sure other florida locals do the same. HHN is a central florida tradition, and everyone deserves only the very best entertainment.

I have heard a rumor that I pray that is false. The rumor says all blood and gore will be taken out of horror nights. That means there will be no mazes with props that have heads or limbs choped off. I hope that this is a false rumor.

I have also heard the famous We are not going to take it Monster Truck show has been taken off the event. This is the truck show were they pick out an audience member, blace him on the truck and chop them up into little pieces. Water I mean Blood then sprays across the crowd when he is sliced and diced. Again I hope this rumor is false.

I am also suprised the Boogie Men Movie will still be played since it shows the Jason's and Freddy's most bloodiest and gorest scenes. I hope they keep this movie playing and dont go all politicaly correct on us like they did by changing all of horror nights names.

To hear the un-changed maze names and un-edited descriptions, cally (407) 22-HORROR and press 4. Call now before they change it!

Sorry to say it, but this is an absolute joke. This is an obvious, over the top, ficticous event that has absolutly nothing to do with real life terrorism or what has happened recently in this country. Universal has done nothing but proven that the terrorists have won! I'm sure the clown storyline has been removed due to the fact that Jacks brother "I.C.U." wanted revenge, much like America does.

I've always been one of the people on this board that defends every decision Universal makes. Lately that has been hard. I'm sure Universal has put a lot of research into their recent changes, but some of them simply don't make sense. And for some reason I doubt a "petition" to Universal to keep the horror in Halloween Horror Nights would help........

Jim

After reading this thread, I decided to give UO's guest services a call. The lady on the phone had no clue that any changes had been made, she even listed the haunted houses by their "old" names. I directed her to the HHN web site, and after looking it over, she seemed very confused. She then gave me this upsetting bit of information...there is talk that some HHN dates will be cancelled. We booked our trip back in march, and the travel agent offered us a full refund if we wanted to cancel...she even went so far as to cancel it for us when she got the offer and couldn't reach me. When she finally got in contact with me, I told her to reinstate our trip. There are four of us going, specificly for HHN, and now I'm afraid it may be a wasted trip.

pirate_e0.gif

Just what I needed to hear, although it's not terribly suprising with all the things Universal has been changing at the last minute lately. It's beginning to look as though I'll be cancelling my HRH ressies and doing the weekend at Howl-O-Scream instead. BGT's event is cheaper and it looks as though this years will be equal in size to HHN.

Jim

Alright,
I really hope that the name changes are the only change. Because if some of these rumors are true, I would really have to question Universal's judgment. This is something that Disney would do (sorry but its the truth). This event is meant for an older audience (one that can depict fiction from reality) and since when has Universal been afraid of what the political world has to say. I know this is a very hard time for many people but please, by censoring you are just ruining the overall effect that people travel hundreds of miles and spend hundreds of dollars on vacation time here in Orlando. My suggestion, if it is such a big deal, cancel the whole thing and issue tickets for next year because many people will be really disappointed and never come back if they find out that hhn has turned into Woody woodpecker's not-so scary fall festival. If the previous rumors are true, then Universal will have made the BIGGEST mistake for years to come........
:mad:

Originally posted by Afroman
hhn has turned into Woody woodpecker's not-so scary fall festival. :mad:

Isn't "Woodpecker" kind of a harsh word? Maybe you should change it to "Arbor-Altering Nasal Appendage For Aesthetic or Domestic Transformation".

yeah, your right, i better....i mean it would be the only correct way to do it.:bounce:

I just heard that they are no longer calling it Halloween Horror Nights........new name.........'Woody's, Not So Scarey Halloween'.
God help us.

Just be glad Disney isn't releasing a movie called Elevator anytime soon. You know that they'll change TOT to Elevator if that ever happened. :)

I think HHN should be renamed "Barney will sing to you all night." Now that is some scary stuff! :)

hahaha..... you are too funny Barry. Personally I think they should incorporate you into the hhn celebration. Maybe something like, "Big hairy Barry's sing along fun night "?:)
I truly believe it would work.......:bounce:

Another idea just popped in my head, the hairy barry mascot would be king kong (ofcourse) and instead of a dance party it would be a duet with barney and Barry, together for the first time!!!!
:)

I know people would travel thousands of miles just to see this special performance!

All right, I work for Ticketmaster, (through Camelot Music) and I was informed just yesterday, that all of our brochures were recalled by Universal so certain changes can be made in "naming, and content." We were also told that Universal will sell 10,000 less tickets this year, than last year. Their excuse was because it was so "crowded last year", and they want to try and diminish the crowds. Hope some of this info sheds some light on the debate.

YODA (Spielberg Fan)

Universal decided to sell less tickets to this year's HHN late LAST YEAR. That decision had nothing to do with anything other than crowds last year. There were many complaints about very long lines and crowded streets. Don't read into it. Actually, the crowds are returning the hotels are filling up, and I expect HHN to be just fine.

As an added note to IOATech's post:

Ticket sales for this year's HHN are very much on-track with last year's sales. It appears that, since HHN is primarily a Florida-resident event, the slowdown in tourism in the area will have NO affect on sales/crowds at HHN this year!

And yes, don't read into the fact the Universal will be limiting ticket sales more than last year. There were a few Friday & Saturday nights last year that were just too overcrowded. Universal will be cutting off ticket sales a bit sooner this year in order to increase guest satisfaction and safety.

I remember working the event last year on Friday the 13th and the place was so crowded, wild, and overly packed. That Universal had to close Horror Nights at 12am instead of 2 am. It was so crowded that night it took 15 minutes just to walk from the Earthquake Building to Amity. The crowd of people was so thick in that area it was at a stands still. Also every maze had at least an hour and 20 minute wait. The event had such a drunking party like atmosphere, security could not handle this huge crowd, so the event had to be shut down 2 hours early. The angry mob of people that night had a huge line at guest services demanding refunds.

So if you want less crowds vist on a sunday or a week day (non peak nights). Avoid Saturday and Friday Nights (peak nights). The only down side to visiting on a non peak night, is that the Ooze Zone (blood bath in Kong) and The Boogie Men movie will not be going on.

Also Coke products are offering a larger discount to go to Horror Nights on Non Peak nights. I dont know how much of a discount, but go look on the back of Coke products at the supermarket.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter