Sept, October or November?

I live in Texas currently, so heat isn’t abnormal for me. Doesn’t mean I enjoy it, but it’s not abnormal.
I also live in TX and have plans for late October. We find the temps are good for us. Not brutal like right now. I have had to wear a light jacket in late Oct.

As much as we love our October trips,I just cancelled ours for this year. We lost April as it was closed and cancelled October. While I believe Disney is doing everything it can to be safe, I'm not convinced about flying down. Hopefully, we can still get next Aprils trip in.
There is now a 1 BR at BWV available for a week in October.

My favorite time to go is the week after Thanksgiving. Crowds are manageable, temperatures are bearable, and holiday decorations are up.

I would vote for November nicer weather, less crowds, Disney World is in full Christmas mode. Being from Texas, the weather in September is the same in Florida and I would be miserable walking around outside all day 90+ degree's. My birthday is in September and I have always wanted to experience F&W but I cant bring my self to commit to September and October is not an option. Were went to Universal in June 2017 it was too hot for my taste and I needed a lot of breaks. November is our favorite time to visit, Thanksgiving week is a great time to visit, I have also been second week of November several times. Right after Thanksgiving is nice too.

Schools in New Jersey have several days off during the early part of November and many take advantage of the kids only having to miss a couple of days of school to get a week at Disney hence “Jersey Week”
Is it the same week each year?

Yes, I don’t live in New Jersey but I believe it is the first full week of November. My trip is the week after although I don’t think any of the “normal” crowd indicators apply this year.

Last edited:
I just looked up the dates of Jersey week this year and it's the 3rd-6th. The convention is remote but kids are still out of school.
We arrive on the 4th. 🙄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter